Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,676,010 Views | 62647 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by maca1028
La Fours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Had a couple good beers tonight. Prop was is really good as expected but I still think I like 2013 better. Thanks again BSD for opening it at the last tailgate.

Holy crap. Which NG R&D is that?
DonaldFDraper
AG
quote:
Drinking an Abita Wrought Iron IPA that the wife picked up. I didn't expect much but this is a really good IPA and is quite reminiscent of Yellow Rose. Not quite as good as YR but worth trying out if you can't find YR or want something a little cheaper.
I had this last week while in NOLA. I was pleasantly surprised. Not earth shattering, but solid.
E King Trill
AG
Finally found some BCBS in manhattan kansas. Thank god. Some beer freak bought out the store next to my place on Black Friday. Never had it before.
army01
AG
Just left the avenue Pub in NOLA. Good God I dig that place.
Kyle98
AG
Got lucky and got the last BBT at Goody Goody in Highland Village. Stopped in on a whim on the way home from work.
Jock 07
AG
So I just had a taste of rumpkyn, which is on tap here at copper, and I didn't hate it. Perhaps I should start giving some pumpkin beers a chance. /twatter
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
D&Q just got an assload of Prairie Bomb in. He was letting peeps buy by the case according to my buddy.
Bmac04
AG
La Fours - this one was the peach, my tasting group just got a bottle of blackberry this week that I can't wait to open.
Jock 07
AG
Tipsys has bout 1/2 case of Pliny fyi if anyone is headed to/from the mountains via470
jcbaggie04
AG
Jock, there's a pumpkin I've wanted to try outta Wi from Stevens point. Whole hog bourbon barrel aged pumpkin ale. Heard good things
maca1028
Got a small box today with a colour five and some ABW and hops and grain as extras
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Got a bottle of Snorkel at the Blackhawk Shell earlier. Didn't see any others.
BSD
AG
They had plenty of Snorkel at HEB Bunker Hill last night. Also Enjoy By and Yellow Rose.
Scriffer
AG
Finally popped open a Barrel Aged Legion. Good stuff.
maca1028
That gas station has become my go to along with Nobi's for growler fills, the samich place next door ain't no slouch either
Jason_Ag98
AG
Had a Stone Xocoveza tonight - pretty dang tasty.
MW13
AG
quote:

Did the same tonight and I agree.

Tried to get BBT last night but it had sold out in 20 minutes the day before so went with the Legion.
DaveHimself
AG
quote:
quote:

Make that 3 of us... Great beer
GTBullitt68
AG
Got a bottle of BBT at the Specs of Pioneer Parkway. They had one left when I got my at 6 this evening. According to the manager of the Specs at Eastchase in Arlington, they are releasing their allotment of 12 bottles at 10am tomorrow. Just thought I'd pass that along to y'all.
jcbaggie04
AG
I haven't been able to find BBT in my neck of the woods yet, All gone before I got there. I did nab one pack of the barrel aged legion. Looking forward to it.
Kyle98
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Make that 3 of us... Great beer
No doubt!
Quincey P. Morris
AG
quote:
That gas station has become my go to along with Nobi's for growler fills, the samich place next door ain't no slouch either

I'm continually amazed at the stuff they get in there. I always end up debating whether to tell me people about that place.
cpscAG06
AG
what is your neck of the wood?
Echoes97
AG
Well after today in Aggie Football, I hope everyone has a much better evening of delicious beverages, ugh.
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
NColoradoAG
Im probably going to dome a bottle of Black tuesday Friday
BSD
AG
find a happy place, find a happy place....
jetch17
AG
I'm headed to D&Q after my greenway meeting to get my Aggie football drowning kit for the weekend
CDub06
AG
Happened to be in the right place at the right time to get a bottle of Bourbon Barrel Temptress. Also got me a BBT14 Snifter from Rugby House.
DonaldFDraper
AG
quote:
Well after today in Aggie Football, I hope everyone has a much better evening of delicious beverages, ugh.
What did I miss?
maca1028
Quick craft beer update.
With this week rapidly coming to a close the word from the beer dept is that we should be drinking some good stuff no later than the end of the weekend. With DB Huna seemingly out of the picture and BC Prop being taken down by Bmac, I'm hearing this could be a colab of epic proportion, like real ale/8th wonder epic. There's also a slight rumor of some stuff out of the hills of Vermont, but that's such a stretch that it's not worth mentioning here. I'll have another update late tonight or early tomorrow morning.
Robert C. Christian
AG
quote:
quote:
What did I miss?
Lots of bad recruiting news. Just be glad that your happiness is tied to beer and not 18 year old kids.
Kyle98
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
What did I miss?
Lots of bad recruiting news. Just be glad that your happiness is tied to beer and not 18 year old kids.
Ha! That's a good way to look at it!
jah003
S
Jester King just tweeted a pic of the Du Bois release...

Neck beards gonna neckbeard... Now I really don't see this making it until Saturday.
jcbaggie04
AG
Dfw- tarrant county specifically
NColoradoAG
Lines for beer
First Page Last Page
Page 580 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.