Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,673,986 Views | 62644 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Quincey P. Morris
DallasAggie2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know all the Total Wines and Central Markets got their BBT today. Some of the smaller stores still haven't gotten it yet, but I imagine they will get it tomorrow.

Also, has anyone tried the Hole Lang Syne from Rabbit Hole? It looks delicious.
Kyle98
AG
Cool, hopefully they'll have some left by the time I can get down there.

And I'm also hoping to score a bottle of Hole Lang Syne.
army01
AG
Good God that Texas Let's Talk Craft Beer facebook group is easy to troll. One hook and a ton of bites.
dummble
AG
is it worth joining for the lulz?
army01
AG
quote:
is it worth joining for the lulz?
Eh...I've used it for finding out pretty quickly where beers can be found. Outside of that, it seems like a bunch of people that like to complain or troll. Essentially, it is like the general board, but for beer discussion. Andrew and company do a good job of running it, but some of the people get all up in arms over nothing. I guess it is probably a good representation of society. Trollers, lurkers, *****ers and people that are easily offended.
gordo97
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Picked up a bottle of Extremely Angry Beast tonight...good stuff

It's good, but too boozy still if you ask me.
The more boozy the better IMO. Probably why I liked it so much.

i agree... i hate it when i get a bourbon/rum/whiskey aged beer and there's none of that to be tasted...... then i feel ripped off
Kyle98
AG
Just missed the last BBT at Lewisville Total Wine. Did grab a couple of the Hole Lang Syne's at the WhipIn, though. No luck at the HV Whole Foods, either.
Kyle98
AG
Wow...this BA Legion is amazing!
Jock 07
AG
Breweries really are starting to pop up all over the place here in the springs, even 5 mins from my house out here in the burbs.
https://m.facebook.com/jaksbrewing?refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fjaksbrewing

http://m.csindy.com/coloradosprings/borriello-brothers-and-cmb-team-up-in-manitou-falcon-getting-new-brewery/Content?oid=2971035§ion=1064321
Hope this one is good, and not just another guys hobby out of control.
Jock 07
AG
Pretty good, just a bit too much coffee, roasted malt, and not enough barrel for my taste.

NColoradoAG
quote:
Pretty good, just a bit too much coffee, roasted malt, and not enough barrel for my taste.

http://i.imgur.com/fiXj0yRl.jpg

Old Viscosity is a blend of about 80% fresh beer and 20% barrel aged beer. Never cared for it much.

If you want a lot of barrel character, Older Viscosity is what you want. Its always easy to find. It's pricey at $16-18 for a corked and caged 375, but worth a try for sure. I'd be aware of dates though because it turds it up a lot at the price point.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Drinking Prairie Standard tonight.

Best head I've ever gotten from a beer.
army01
AG
I drank the CS Extremely Angry Beast tonight. I love this brewery.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Clown Shoes is a brewery I find myself constantly sleeping on. They have BA beers year round it seems and I always ignore them. Never really been disappointed with what I've had from them either. Hype machine gets me sometimes, I guess.
bevokilla
AG
Drank my JK Snorkel last night and I really enjoyed it. I think it was a little too cold for the mushrooms to really come through but it was a very good beer.
62strat
AG
quote:
Good God that Texas Let's Talk Craft Beer facebook group is easy to troll. One hook and a ton of bites.
Probably butthurt that they are so late into this whole craft beer thing.
Shaggie 05
AG
The Addison Whole Foods had BBA Temptress yesterday, but didn't limit it and it was gone in an hour. Luckily got there and grabbed a couple because we were warned by the beer guy the day before.

The Addison Specs got it today, but only had 1 case and it was gone in about 20 minutes. Talked to a guy at Goody Goody in Addison that said they'd have theirs tomorrow, but again, just one case.
Jock 07
AG
I appreciate the prior input on possible spots up by inlaws place NW of Ft Worth. Looks like I'll be heading to Love Field to help pick up other family members. A quick googlemaps route takes me down business 287/saginaw blvd to 820 east which looks like it becomes 183. Any suggestions for stops along that route? I appreciate the help
jh0400
AG
I saw on Twitter that D&Q has Jester King Ambree. I'm not familiar with it, but I'll probably stop on the way home to pick one up.
txag2008
AG
quote:
I appreciate the prior input on possible spots up by inlaws place NW of Ft Worth. Looks like I'll be heading to Love Field to help pick up other family members. A quick googlemaps route takes me down business 287/saginaw blvd to 820 east which looks like it becomes 183. Any suggestions for stops along that route? I appreciate the help
This isn't a comprehensive map, but it should give you a good start. https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zOOYQBthiIV4.kGdioZgrZfFg
turfman80
AG
Picked up some nectar in Houston today.

NColoradoAG
Speaking of Older Viscosity.....

corndog04
AG
Went to Deschutes on Friday. 2010/2012/2014 taster flight of the dissident with some aged cheddar of the same vintages.

And souvenirs to take home.

La Fours
AG
quote:
Went to Deschutes on Friday. 2010/2012/2014 taster flight of the dissident with some aged cheddar of the same vintages.

And souvenirs to take home.

I need this in my mouth. Wait wut?

Never mind. Don't care. Must have.
wessimo
AG
Drinking an Abita Wrought Iron IPA that the wife picked up. I didn't expect much but this is a really good IPA and is quite reminiscent of Yellow Rose. Not quite as good as YR but worth trying out if you can't find YR or want something a little cheaper.
Bmac04
AG
Had a couple good beers tonight. Prop was is really good as expected but I still think I like 2013 better. Thanks again BSD for opening it at the last tailgate.

jetch17
AG
Petrol will have bottles of BCBS Vanilla Rye at the Xmas party 12/23
Ags #1
AG
Anyone ever been to the petrol party? Will
It be a total Cluster f?
NoneGiven
AG
Christmas Bomb is disappointing. Glad I didn't pick up tons more of it.
maca1028
quote:

I'm working graveyard shift that day and I might have to sacrifice some sleep
cc10106
Live Oak Primus for me tonight. This **** is bananas!!
jcbaggie04
AG
Rather pleased with my haul tonight. Got a couple of bottles of Christmas bomb, a bomber of rahr's bourbon winter warmer, a growler of rahr's bourbon winter warmer and 10th anniversary. Early Christmas for this guy!
BSD
AG
quote:
Had a couple good beers tonight. Prop was is really good as expected but I still think I like 2013 better. Thanks again BSD for opening it at the last tailgate.

Baller!
BSD
AG
quote:

I'm sure the line has already started.
jah003
S
quote:

Bmac... Making your Wednesday's look like crap since 2013...
First Page Last Page
Page 579 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.