Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,655,245 Views | 62636 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by maca1028
iPanic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
Does anyone know if Pliny the Elder can be found as far South as San Diego? I'm going there for New Years and would like to track some down

Toronado usually had Pliny, and other great beers, on tap. Be sure to hit Societe as well. They have some great beers.
Thanks for the info.
jah003
S
So... this happened today... (I had some help)

jetch17
AG
BOMB!

62strat
AG
quote:

those FW don't come in boxes?
62strat
AG
quote:
Has anyone tried barrel aging beer? I barrel age cocktails and straight whiskey with great success, and I love barrel aged beers, so I'm wondering if I can create the same flavors that breweries do by taking their base beers and aging them at home.
You've got two big hurdles with beer that you don't have with whisky; oxidation and loss of carbonation. Unless you have some homebrewing gear, I don't know how you'd accomplish this.

Now, barrel aging homebrew is done all the time now with the ease of acquiring used whisky barrels. Or the easier version; age wood chips in whiskey for a year or two and then add the chips to a keg.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Think they're all opened and emptied strat.
MW13
AG
Well I'm sure I'll catch crap for this but I've been watching football since 11 am so I've been drinking a lot of Miller Lites. To make up for it though I am about to switch to an Enjoy By. Judging from the reviews already it oughta be quite a jolt.
Jason_Ag98
AG
Founders Breakfast Stout for me - never gets old.
MW13
AG
quote:
Founders Breakfast Stout for me - never gets old.
Got that I could go to as well.

The Enjoy By is pretty good!
La Fours
AG
They do, but drinking from the box is hard.
cc10106
Currently enjoying some Zombie Dust. It's not the freshest but still pretty damn good.

I think i will grab an Extremely Angry Beast tomorrow.
62strat
AG
quote:
Think they're all opened and emptied strat.
hah. Can't see all that on mobile.
cpscAG06
AG
quote:

Damn jah
jah003
S
quote:
They do, but drinking from the box is hard.

Sometimes I like to drink them out of the box cause I'm fancy...
Quincey P. Morris
AG
It seems like there is a ton of Enjoy By this time around. Just saw a bunch at Kroger on 96 in League City and their beer selection is ok but they don't usually get that kind of stuff.
jcbaggie04
AG
I like the fancy boxes that have the little straw stuck on the back!
NColoradoAG
Christmas baking today. Many good beers into the fridge. Much excite
DaveHimself
AG
quote:
It seems like there is a ton of Enjoy By this time around. Just saw a bunch at Kroger on 96 in League City and their beer selection is ok but they don't usually get that kind of stuff.
I've noticed the same thing, I still see plenty of it in all the stores. Same with FBS seems like there is more this year than last.
La Fours
La Fours
AG
First beer since Thursday. Almost forgot what beer tasted like.

It's decent. Hoppy red ale.
NColoradoAG
Had a couple westbrook gose, a Prairie Bomb, and now this. Almost done with bags for the neighbors

Jock 07
AG
So it would appear that the Ft Worth saucer has a bunch of damn good stuff on tap right now including Firestone 17 parobola bcbs and a lot of other barrel aged stuff. Might have to venture that way tonight or tomorrow some time.
maca1028
Is BB temptress still around up in DFW? A friend of mine is will be in the Garland area over Christmas and offered to look for a bottle for me
army01
AG
quote:
So it would appear that the Ft Worth saucer has a bunch of damn good stuff on tap right now including Firestone 17 parobola bcbs and a lot of other barrel aged stuff. Might have to venture that way tonight or tomorrow some time.
The prices on some of that are insane... But where else are you going to find a '09 Abyss
Robert C. Christian
AG
quote:
Is BB temptress still around up in DFW? A friend of mine is will be in the Garland area over Christmas and offered to look for a bottle for me

If its still out there it will be on a random 7/11 shelf. I wouldn't count on being able to find it easily.
jah003
S
So... I've experienced some extreme generosity by some fellas on this board lately. Combine that with the holiday season and my love of guessing games that center around Aggie football... and, you've got another beer contest.

You're guessing for the opportunity to take home a JK MvB. I'll ship it to you and throw in some Austin goodies. If you happen to be in Austin, we can meet up.

Contest is simple, guess the total number of yards the Aggie defense will give up against WVU. No price is right rules, you can go over... I have some rules:

1. You must be at least a semi active member on this board... no lurkers.
2. You must email me your guess by game time (December 29th at 1 pm). Make sure to include your Texags username in your email. Email is my username @shsu.edu
3. You must drink the beer. You all know the consequences to trading a gifted beer...

You can change your guess as much as you would like until game time. You know... if Howard Matthews sprains an ankle before the game, you're probably gonna want to lower your guess.
Bmac04
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Why can't we guess right here? I say we go wrecking crew on them and only give up 478 yards.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Guess sent. Crossing my fingers.
jah003
S
quote:
Why can't we guess right here? I say we go wrecking crew on them and only give up 478 yards.

I just don't want to clutter up the thread with guesses...wouldn't want to take away from the beer talk. I'll allow it, though .
Scriffer
AG
Good bull, jah.

And speaking of jah-gifted beer, she said Yes, so I'm busting out the good stuff tonight. Much appreciated, sir.

jah003
S
quote:
Good bull, jah.

And speaking of jah-gifted beer, she said Yes, so I'm busting out the good stuff tonight. Much appreciated, sir.

http://i.imgur.com/722UThs.jpg

Excellent news and an excellent beer!
cpscAG06
AG
Excellent news Scriffer
La Fours
AG
quote:
Good bull, jah.

http://i.imgur.com/722UThs.jpg
Congrats Scriffer!!

Kyle98
AG
quote:
Congrats!
First Page Last Page
Page 582 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.