Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,676,137 Views | 62647 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by maca1028
BSD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got a BA Bomb! Thanks to Maca for the assist.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Sold out at Central Market in 6 minutes. Literally read the Tweet, got in the elevator, got down to the parking garage, got into my car, refreshed Twitter and saw the Tweet that it was sold out.

Serious out here, man.
BSD
AG
Maca and I got lucky. Pretty much stumbled upon it.
maca1028
Yep, sold out at specs in about the same amount of time
jah003
S
Don't waste your time chasing Brimstone... Much like you shouldn't waste your time chasing waterfalls.
dave99ag
AG
HEB Tower Point has BA Bomb as of lunch, but they only got a case. Not sure what they had left.
maca1028
Are you saying it's no good?
jah003
S
quote:
Are you saying it's no good?

I had a taste and had a hard time telling a difference between regular Bomb. Some people claim it's more "smoky", but I didn't buy it. This was on draft, the bottle could be a whole different situation. I also though Pirate was amazing, but some people couldn't tell a difference on that one either. So... To each his own I suppose.
maca1028
I'll be drinking mine tomorrow hopefully it's a hit
La Fours
AG
I got a bottle of BA Bomb at Specs here in CS. I may chase a bottle at Tower Point after work.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Texas Beer Garden in Magnolia is having a Karbach tap takeover tonight. 17 beers including some of the fun series.
NoneGiven
AG
Missed on Bomb, but it was still a successful trip to the beer store

Also got a Scotch Silly aged in Cognac Barrels earlier this week
Icecream_Ag
S
specs on 6 and Loch Katrine had a bunch of yellow rose last night if anyone is still looking for that. pic above just reminded me
wessimo
AG
quote:
How's the Narwhal, wessimo? Just picked up a bourbon barrel aged one for this year and was trying to figure out if I should age it or not.
I imagine the BBA version of Narwahl is fantastic but I have never tried it. The regular version is solid and is a really good value ($10 for a 4 pack) as far as imperial stouts go. There are a lot of imperial stouts that are not nearly as good yet they sell for $10+ a bomber.
62strat
AG
Man my go to store posts there rare released on Facebook.
FW anniversary beer released/posted at 2:30 ish, I get there at 3:30 and they are gone.

Do people just hit F9 on Facebook all day or something?
NColoradoAG
quote:
Man my go to store posts there rare released on Facebook.
FW anniversary beer released/posted at 2:30 ish, I get there at 3:30 and they are gone.

Do people just hit F9 on Facebook all day or something?

Pro Tip: just drink FW anny beers on tap. Have never had it in bottle or aged that was better than on tap.
jetch17
AG
Randomly picked this up, dig the full pop top

NoneGiven
AG
Can also be accomplished with a can opener

jh0400
AG
Picked up a Mad Meg and a Commercial Suicide earlier at Buffalo Speedway HEB.
Jock 07
AG
So apparently CS is distributing Westbrook here. Finally got my hand on some Gose, even though it's 30 deg outside right now, oh well. Liquor store was running 25% off 3 trinity or 50% off 6 so I obliged.
corndog04
AG
quote:
Do you live in OR? I need this years to have a 5yr vertical! If you go to the Holiday Ale Festival in Portland they will be doing the 6yr vertical on Fri night I believe. I'll be there for work that Wednesday and hope to still find it in tap if possible

Yeah, I'm just a little bit outside of Portland. Hope you are right about the 6yr vertical that Friday. We stumble in to deschutes on Friday evening every year of the holiday ale festival as they typically have something special going. Last year they had some '08 Abyss and a few other goodies.

If you think you'll have a hard time getting Abyss at home I could probably part with a bottle or two when you are up here. I'm planning on picking up another 6 as soon as they start hitting store shelves (they were limiting at the brewery to 6 per person). Bottles may or may not be available at the brewery and or stores when you are here.

I've got minimum 4 per year of a 7-yr vertical now at home
DallasAggie2012
AG
That El Chingon is a pretty solid beer. I love their Block Party Porter as well, and the cool cans doesn't hurt either.

Does anyone from Austin want anything local from Dallas? I'd love to snag some Greenhouse or The One They Call Zooey if anyone is interested in some random 6'ers from Dallas.
jah003
S
quote:
That El Chingon is a pretty solid beer. I love their Block Party Porter as well, and the cool cans doesn't hurt either.

Does anyone from Austin want anything local from Dallas? I'd love to snag some Greenhouse or The One They Call Zooey if anyone is interested in some random 6'ers from Dallas.
I'll bring you a 6 pack of Zoe... Don't need anything in return. I bought like 7 or 8 six packs for a Bachelor party a few weeks ago. So, there is still quite a bit turding up my fridge.

Looking like I'll make an appearance around 2:30-3 to drop off some beers. Can't stay, though.
army01
AG
Any DFW folks pick up a spare Merkin?
The Beer and I
I'm going to freeze my balls off in Boston next week. Planning on going to Sam Adams, Harpoon, Night Shift, and Trillium in Boston, and driving to Hill Farmstead and Maine Beer Company at some point. Anyone have more suggestions on food, breweries, or bottle shops up there?
BSD
AG
I suggest you bring me back a bottle.
BSD
AG
And a can (Heady).
Jock 07
AG
Compliments of scriffer, preciatecha. Not a huge rahr fan but this is pretty damn good

DallasAggie2012
AG
You're the man Jah! I'm going to try to be there around that time as well. It'll be fluid as I'm helping my wife show her cousin around the campus early in the afternoon. Let me know if you change your mind and want anything from up here as well.

Army01, I wish I could've picked up an extra Merkin. I tried pretty hard to hit multiple locations after work, but I was only able to snag 1 as quite a few places wouldn't put them on hold for you.

Jock, that Bourbon Barrel Winter Warmer is probably the best thing Rahr does. Always delicious.
The Beer and I
BSD, the high in Vermont the day I was planning to drive is 27, so I'm not sure if I'm going or not. I'll see what I can do though.
BSD
AG
I believe in you. You can do it!
maca1028
quote:
BSD, the high in Vermont the day I was planning to drive is 27, so I'm not sure if I'm going or not. I'll see what I can do though.

I'll be pulling for you!
maca1028
What does it take to trade for a sixer of WB gose?
jh0400
AG
quote:
What does it take to trade for a sixer of WB gose?

I have a single you can have.
Jegan14
AG
My beer mail from this week. I traded a Colour 5 and an O&P. Has anybody tried Not Your Father's Root Beer? That one was an extra but I've heard really good things about it.

First Page Last Page
Page 556 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.