Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,673,630 Views | 62643 Replies | Last: 18 sec ago by swampstander
turfman80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No , that would raise a stink.
Bmac04
AG
quote:
quote:
BA Abraxas tonight. Easily one of the top 5 beers I've had. If you are on the fence about trading for one I highly suggest it!

Holy Carp! I need to try that beer at some point in my life... What did that cost you trade wise if you don't mind me asking?

It was my buddy from my tasting groups bottle. He won the lottery for it this year and had a friend pick it up at the brewery for him.
BSD
AG
very cool, Bmac. I need to try one of those someday.
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:
BA Abraxas tonight. Easily one of the top 5 beers I've had. If you are on the fence about trading for one I highly suggest it!

Holy Carp! I need to try that beer at some point in my life... What did that cost you trade wise if you don't mind me asking?

If you're still holding that MvB, then that +Fen Tao+Aurelian might get it done. An atrial could sweeten. That's double $4$, but everyone holding BA Abraxas is trying to flip them now for Mexican Cakes.

I had batch one BA Abraxas alongside Double Barrel Hunah last March. BA Abraxas was still amazing at 14 months old. I preferred it over DB Hunah. It's cool you guys landed one of those Bmac04. I had myself plus my family, several friends, and several coworkers entered in the lottery and came up empty-handed.
Bmac04
AG
I thought it was better than DB Huna as well. I also had a ton of people enter the lotto with no luck but lucky for me one of my friends won.

Totally agree that a MvB + fen tao + aurelian + atrial would get you pretty close.
Scriffer
AG
Community Legion bottle release delayed several weeks. Had a failure of a run to the beer store at lunch.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
I'm usually not a big fan of Rahr but their pumpkin beer this year is pretty damn good.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Picked up a XXVI today. And now we wait.
Scriffer
AG
White River Brewing Table Rock Red Ale out of Springfield, Missouri tonight. Shocked at how good it is.
wessimo
AG
Wasatch Black O'Lantern Pumpkin Stout is tasty.
CollinAB
AG
Just found out I don't have to work the weekend of the Ole Miss game. So bottleshare, here I come.
NColoradoAG
quote:
Just found out I don't have to work the weekend of the Ole Miss game. So bottleshare, here I come.

NColoradoAG
In related bottleshare news, the ULM share at our spot has been canceled. I changed up my plans so I can attend the final Crooked Stave members party.

The good news is that I'm now coming to Mizzou so I can attend the share at Jah003's spot, or we can hold that share at our spot.
army01
AG
BeerAdvocate is offline?!?! How in the hell am I supposed to know where to pick up the Favorites truck today?!?!?
AgEng06
AG
quote:
In related bottleshare news, the ULM share at our spot has been canceled. I changed up my plans so I can attend the final Crooked Stave members party.

The good news is that I'm now coming to Mizzou so I can attend the share at Jah003's spot, or we can hold that share at our spot.
Looking forward to this...
NColoradoAG
quote:
BeerAdvocate is offline?!?! How in the hell am I supposed to know where to pick up the Favorites truck today?!?!?

BeerAdvocate

Talkbeer is where it's at
army01
AG
There is so much less activity on talk beer.
maca1028
quote:

Hell yes!
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Are all of Jester Kings beers sours since they use wild yeast in all of them?
NColoradoAG
quote:
There is so much less activity on talk beer.

In the regional forum? Or do you enjoy 30 threads a week on BA about Heady vs Pliny, your top 5 breweries, and which beer you'd want on a desert island? And the trade forum is a weird mix of profiteers, trolls, and massive ****** bags. I haven't made a trade on there in over a year. And all moderated by a bunch of fatass jokers. Every time I see Todd in Denver I want to kick him in the balls.
Jock 07
AG
So we just got some Cigar City stuff in, invasion pale ale, white cracker and happening now, no Jai alai unfortunately. Did the Denver folks get more of a variety of their stuff by chance?
NColoradoAG
quote:
So we just got some Cigar City stuff in, invasion pale ale, white cracker and happening now, no Jai alai unfortunately. Did the Denver folks get more of a variety of their stuff by chance?

I haven't seen the Denver shops post any Cigar City stuff yet. Mr Bs got Westbrook earlier in the week and then a bunch of Pipeworks stuff yesterday. Along with dropping a nuclear bomb of a release set for tomorrow
BSD
AG
Pipeworks in Denver now? niiiiiice.....
NColoradoAG
quote:
Pipeworks in Denver now? niiiiiice.....

It's probably just for GABF. We get tons of great stuff the week before and of GABF. Next week is a week where I really hate being up north, but it's good for my wallet
Jock 07
AG
Yeah I saw that crooked stave Mr Bs collaboration that's being released tomorrow. Might have to try and see iif there's anything available next week while I'm up there.
BSD
AG
NoCol, get down to Denver and take my wallet!!! wait, what?

But seriously, I'll be in Chicago in a few weeks. I've been out of the game for a while now so which Pipeworks should I get that is readily available? Is Ninja vs Unicorn a regular lineup beer?
bevokilla
AG
Went to Spec's downtown at lunch and picked up a Stone Crime and Stone/Bear Republic/Fat Head TBA. trying the Stone Crime tonight and I am definitely looking forward to it.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
NoCol, get down to Denver and take my wallet!!! wait, what?

But seriously, I'll be in Chicago in a few weeks. I've been out of the game for a while now so which Pipeworks should I get that is readily available? Is Ninja vs Unicorn a regular lineup beer?

I was just checking their stuff out the citra sounds good
cpscAG06
AG
Picked up a Prairie Ale Pirate Bomb today. It hit some places in DFW today and went quick. I mean 30min quick
Hub05
AG
Jock, if you ever want some Jai alai or any other CCB stuff, just let me know. My success rate on getting mutliples of their seasonals is hit or miss here being a couple hours a away. Tons of CCB fanboys scoop up things that should sit on the shelf in less that 30 mins. Local store here in Gainesville was sold out of Zhukov before the delivery truck left the parking lot. Limit one per person and I know that place doesn't let their employees buy up bottles.

Also, if any of you Jester King fanboys are interested in swapping some JK beers with a fanboy living a thousand miles away, Fantome/JK collab Del Rey appeared today
turfman80
AG
Another example of the steadily improving Texas craft beer landscape.

jah003
S
The stolen RU55 made its way back home... (well... not really, I had to trade for it):

The Hill Farmstead was an extra from the trade and I snagged the Breakfast Stout at HEB after work today.
maca1028
A quick stop at JK.
jetch17
AG
They have that kreik at D&Q in tine
maca1028
quote:
They have that kreik at D&Q in tine

How much? It was 18 at jk
First Page Last Page
Page 525 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.