Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,567,594 Views | 62481 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by 62strat
turfman80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Okay, so which SARA ales would be attainable with a trade offer of JK stuff like Atrial, Nocturn, etc? Looking at the SARA site on BA I'm guessing Bernice?
jah003
S
quote:
How long does heavy machinery typically last on the shelf jah? Reason I ask is because I'll be passing through Austin weekend after next.

Guys at ABW said there was a really low yield for the wet hop this year, so not a ton of it around. Your best option would be to go to the hill country Twin liquors. It's close-ish to JK and is seriously the last place to have any "limited" release on the shelf.
La Fours
AG
quote:
Okay, so which SARA ales would be attainable with a trade offer of JK stuff like Atrial, Nocturn, etc? Looking at the SARA site on BA I'm guessing Bernice?

Depends on who you are trading with. But the guy I got the Bernice from, is getting 2 Nocturns from me. The trade was for the Bernice, Almanac Cerise Sour and a Golden Gate Gose for the two JK beers. The rest he extra'd. When I get his box packed up and shipped out today or tomorrow it will have the 2 JK's, a Black Crack, and Prairie Cherry Funk, a Bible Belt and something else, I can't remember.

The problem with SARA stuff is they bottle at random times, and don't always have bottles for off site. But I bet you could pull a West Ashley or Bernice for 2 JK's.
SecoKid
AG
Freetail is brewing the first batch today in their new facility. Cans should be hitting the shelves soon!
jh0400
AG
What's the demand for JK beers like? I've got a few that I'm willing to part with, but I'd only do it if I could get something similar in return.
AgEng06
AG
quote:
What's the demand for JK beers like? I've got a few that I'm willing to part with, but I'd only do it if I could get something similar in return.
This. I've got a good stock of JK beers as well.
NColoradoAG
quote:

Bernice isn't too hard since it rotates pretty frequently. Any of the fruited stuff becomes harder, but could be had with the right bottles and quantities.
NColoradoAG
quote:

The demand is high. "Something similar in return" is a pretty subjective statement. What styles do you like and have you ever shipped beer?
jh0400
AG
quote:
quote:

The demand is high. "Something similar in return" is a pretty subjective statement. What styles do you like and have you ever shipped beer?

I've shipped beer, and my preferred beers are barrel-aged with brett.
La Fours
AG
It also depends on what JK beers you have. The fruited sours like Atrial and Nocturn get good results. If you have any Fen Tao, you could pull some really nice beers. The somewhat regulars like Das Wunderkind or RU55 will get good interest, but not as good as the fruited ones.
NoneGiven
AG
quote:
Do you have any more? If it is anywhere near as good as Utopias, then I need to try one. A quick search came up empty, but I'll be looking more in depth tomorrow.

Steve00, I have an unopened bottle sitting in the fridge. I'd be open to trade or figuring out a way to get you a sample if I open it.

It is a fairly old beer. I believe they last made it in 2003 and in 2011 they found a lost stash of it in their cooler.

http://blogs.westword.com/cafesociety/2011/11/grand_lakes_holy_grail_at_65_p.php
steve00
AG
NoneGiven - I'm not sure where you live or what you like, but I can get some pretty good west coast beers. Let me know what it would take for you to trade.

I just shipped this out to a friend in Austin, along with a Pinot Noir for his wife. He will be shipping back some JK and other Austin beers.

army01
AG
quote:
NoneGiven - I'm not sure where you live or what you like, but I can get some pretty good west coast beers. Let me know what it would take for you to trade.

I just shipped this out to a friend in Austin, along with a Pinot Noir for his wife. He will be shipping back some JK and other Austin beers.

Buying Stone and shipping Pliny's to Texas are definitely a good way to prove that you are not Phischy.
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:

Buying Stone and shipping Pliny's to Texas are definitely a good way to prove that you are not Phischy.

Plus the Bruery bottle. Do people actually like smoking wood? That beer is the worst
NColoradoAG
Is this you Hub05?

http://charleston.craigslist.org/evg/4674268191.html
La Fours
AG
Is Wicked Weed releasing a new beer? Or is that where Westbrook is and the BA Mexican Cake is being released?
NColoradoAG
BA Mexican Cake
NoneGiven
AG
quote:

What does that mean?

Steve, I am a fan of many styles. Mostly interested in things I haven't tried and/or amazing beers I can't get in Austin (Pliny being a good example). Let me think it over and get back to you,
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:

What does that mean?

Start here

http://texags.com/forums/67/topics/1930360/385

Through 387. That is the banning. You can go back and ready about how much he hates Stone, various stores, The Bruery, and anyone who doesn't share the same exquisite palate.

That being said, I still stand by my statement that Smoking Wood sucks and anyone who likes that beer is an idiot
BSD
AG
Ah the memories. Good times. Good times.
steve00
AG
After reading that and the San Diego beer thread where Phischy goes nuts, I can't see why anyone would think I am him.

I often post pictures of Stone beers, as I think it is a very good brewery. And if you check the bourbon thread, you can see that I am totally ok with overpaying shady people on the internet to acquire whiskey that I can't get where I live.

I am guilty of liking Bruery Smoking Wood, so I guess my taste is questionable. Just found 12 bottles online for only $20 each. That should make up for not being able to get Stone Southern Charred anywhere except for the day it came out.
jetch17
AG
Another BSD 'shiner' tonight

cpscAG06
AG
DFH Punkin ale mmmmm
dave99ag
AG
Enjoying a Stone 18th that a friend left for me this weekend. Not overly bitter like most Stone's and has just the right hop aroma.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Had some of that DFH Punkin Ale the other night. It was quite tasty.

Can't remember if I mentioned it or not, but Nightmare on 1st Street from No Label was really good too. Supposedly it will be released in bottles around 9/24 at some HEBs and the Smith Street Specs.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
How wide of a range of flavors are there on sours? I've only tried Saint Arnolds Berlinerweisse and I hated it. Should I give up on sours if I didn't like that?
jah003
S
A huge range... That St. A's will be the "mildest" form of "sour" you will come across.

What didn't you like about it? The funk? The sour? How light it was?

Now if you'd like to have way more money in your bank account... then yes, give up on sours.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
It definitely wasn't the sour. I like sour flavor in every other food and drink. Maybe it wasn't sour enough...
Echoes97
AG
SA Boiler Room is pretty poor, and should never, ever be used as a benchmark for "sours". There are hundreds of awesome sours out there, you should definitely try some others.
Jock 07
AG
To be fair though, I wouldn't really classify a berliner weisse as a sour
jh0400
AG
quote:

Now if you'd like to have way more money in your bank account... then yes, give up on sours.

This
army01
AG
quote:
After reading that and the San Diego beer thread where Phischy goes nuts, I can't see why anyone would think I am him.

I often post pictures of Stone beers, as I think it is a very good brewery. And if you check the bourbon thread, you can see that I am totally ok with overpaying shady people on the internet to acquire whiskey that I can't get where I live.

I am guilty of liking Bruery Smoking Wood, so I guess my taste is questionable. Just found 12 bottles online for only $20 each. That should make up for not being able to get Stone Southern Charred anywhere except for the day it came out.
I'm just messing with you, steve. If I remember correctly, when you first showed up on the thread, some people thought maybe you were him, because you live out that way...
jetch17
AG
Ooh having lunch at sugarland saucer and they have bottles of RU55 & Dichotomous ... Looks like some RU willbe going home with me
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
You can take bottles to go from there? That's what's up.
jetch17
AG
I actually don't know, but I shall try and woo my beer goddess to do so
First Page Last Page
Page 520 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.