Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,676,915 Views | 62649 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by steve00
Robert C. Christian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I think we have them cam thread licked, but the Longhorn Meltdown thread is 1k behind and averaging over 100 posts per day.

I fear our time is limited.
Very limited, Even though its averaging 100 posts a day, between noon and now they have had about 250 posts. With football season in full swing, I give it 3 days.
La Fours
AG
Had a great night. Shared a couple bottles with friends and then came home for a night cap.

Got that courtesy of maca1028. Thank you so much. It was amazing. And even better that I could share with friends.

Next we cracked open this bottle.

I'm pretty sure AggieOO scored this for me. Thank you, sir. My friends really enjoyed it. I actually thought this bottle tasted better than the first one I had a few months ago when it released.

Now I'm home and decided to open this up. Wow. It is very sweet but the tart crisp finish balances it out. It's delicious. In going to sit on my other bottle for a while.

cc10106
Currently enjoying some Heavy Machinery Wet Hop IPA while getting ready to move out of my apartment.
BurnetAggie99
With Octoberfest closely approaching drinking some Weihenstephaner Oktoberfestbier.
maca1028
Glad you liked it la fours
AggieOO
Just realized that jermaine rodgers did the label art for dfh punkin.
docaggie
AG
You know it has been a rough day when you get home to find the wife, who never drinks, has broken out the Atrial Rubicite. Turned around the day, though!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
gordo97
AG
Anyone currently seen 011 anywhere in h-town? I was out of town on vacation when it was released
NoneGiven
AG
Finished a bottle of this tonight:

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/4738/40351/

20% ABV and damn tasty. Supposedly a bit like Utopias, but haven't had it to make a comparison.

steve00
AG
Do you have any more? If it is anywhere near as good as Utopias, then I need to try one. A quick search came up empty, but I'll be looking more in depth tomorrow.

Any suggestions for beers/ports that drink like Utopias would be appreciated.

I only have a bottle and a half left, and they are nearly impossible to come by.
maca1028
Well, just wrapped up a reservation for San Antonio last weekend of this month to attend my nieces bday party, plans are to sneak in a trip to freetails while I'm there, it looks like there are some good beers available on tap but was having trouble finding bottles to go on there website. Also plan on a little off shoot to Jester King before coming home and maybe picking up heavy machinery as well while I'm passing through town, I really don't have it in my beer budget to do all that, but hey, it's just money.
dave99ag
AG
quote:

I instantly recognized it from his work with Radiohead.
La Fours
AG
quote:
Well, just wrapped up a reservation for San Antonio last weekend of this month to attend my nieces bday party, plans are to sneak in a trip to freetails while I'm there, it looks like there are some good beers available on tap but was having trouble finding bottles to go on there website. Also plan on a little off shoot to Jester King before coming home and maybe picking up heavy machinery as well while I'm passing through town, I really don't have it in my beer budget to do all that, but hey, it's just money.

I believe they now have limited distro to stores in SA. And from what I can tell, it seems that rarely do they have bottle sales at the brewpub unless it's a release type event. I could be wrong on that though.
maca1028
I'll take a growler with me at least
Ezra
AG
BRC Gastropub is hosting a beer dinner featuring New Republic Brewing if any of you Houston Ags wanna come out. Starts at 6pm.
aggiechris06
AG
Anyone know when FBS is coming to Texas, specifically Houston, this year. That little stint of cool weather got me thinking of it, and I could drink that beer all winter without needing anything else...

...damn that beer is so good, please tell me it's coming soon!
NColoradoAG
aggiechris06
AG
quote:

Sorry, I should have specified...I checked the website and calendar and knew it was soon. Just wondering if anyone has specific distribution/delivery dates for our area.

Thank you for the help though!
La Fours
AG
Minnie loves her some rustic ales!!

This beer is amazing. It's my first SARA. JIMP good.
MW13
AG
So how much difference do the fancy glasses really make? Like I said earlier in the thread I'm new into the upper echelon of craft beers so I was just wondering. I usually just drink mine out of a pint glass or a schooner. I mean I like trying the high quality stuff but I still like to feel like I'm drinking beer if that makes sense.
maca1028
I usually stick my pinky out when I'm holding the stem...wait...what?
La Fours
AG
quote:
So how much difference do the fancy glasses really make? Like I said earlier in the thread I'm new into the upper echelon of craft beers so I was just wondering. I usually just drink mine out of a pint glass or a schooner. I mean I like trying the high quality stuff but I still like to feel like I'm drinking beer if that makes sense.

Honestly, I don't know. But, I get cool glassware in trades from time to time and I like to use them.
La Fours
AG
Speaking of cool glassware... I got this from a friend last night. It's a Southern Star can glass. That's a brown ale with coffee and cocoa nibs.

Minnie wants my nibs. But I told that biatch to step off.
Scriffer
AG
Heavy Machinery tonight. Don't remember who hooked me up at the bottle share, but I appreciate it.

La Fours
AG
quote:
Heavy Machinery tonight. Don't remember who hooked me up at the bottle share, but I appreciate it.

Probably jah0300. He's always doing **** like that.
jah003
S
quote:

Think I threw it in there for you...

Great minds:
Scriffer
jetch17
AG
quote:

And several other DFH brews
CollinAB
AG

Great minds indeed.
NColoradoAG
Double post
NColoradoAG
quote:
So how much difference do the fancy glasses really make? Like I said earlier in the thread I'm new into the upper echelon of craft beers so I was just wondering. I usually just drink mine out of a pint glass or a schooner.

You really just need three glasses. A pint is good for everything from pale ales to stouts. It'll hold your beer plus just enough room for an inch or so of head.

A tulip is nice for sours and double IPAS where you really want the aroma to be focused on your nose. It's also good for Belgian styles that tend to pour with more head.

A snifter is great for the biggest beers. It concentrates the aroma and allows you to control the temp a bit with your hand.

Most everything is a modification of those three styles.

quote:
I mean I like trying the high quality stuff but I still like to feel like I'm drinking beer if that makes sense.

I get what youre saying. "Beer" has become a really broad term if you think about all the different styles and flavors produced today. Glasses tailored to the beer style have been around for centuries. I look at it as a way to further enjoy the beer I'm drinking, especially its aroma, not some snobby deal meant to elevate what I'm drinking to some elite level.

It's also fun to collect different glasses of different styles from breweries. One of my favorite quotes from a trade partner is "collect glassware, not beer"
La Fours
AG
Yeah. What NCol said.
maca1028
How long does heavy machinery typically last on the shelf jah? Reason I ask is because I'll be passing through Austin weekend after next.
La Fours
AG
I'm pretty sure it's gone by now. It goes fast from what I know.
army01
AG
quote:
Anyone know when FBS is coming to Texas, specifically Houston, this year. That little stint of cool weather got me thinking of it, and I could drink that beer all winter without needing anything else...

...damn that beer is so good, please tell me it's coming soon!

Not sure about Houston, but we should be seeing it in DFW this week.
First Page Last Page
Page 519 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.