Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,641,688 Views | 62609 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by SoTxAg
Quincey P. Morris
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yep.
Bmac04
AG
quote:
Nice line up. Who supplied the Green Monster?

That would be me. Pwonk brought it back for me from Portland last fall.
Ags #1
AG
Double DBA dropped at specs this morning. Not sure if they have any left though
BSD
AG
quote:
I'd be interested in the Rose. Where you at in Houston?

Lucky #007, you out there? I've been holding one for you.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I am man. I'm trying to figure a time to get up that way. I have a gig out in Katy on Saturday evening. You going to be around?
BSD
AG
I should be. let me know!
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I'll shoot you an email once I know about what time I'll be passing through.
jh0400
AG
D&Q has Krunkin Pumpkin according to Twitter.
AggieOO
Live oak to start canning once they move into their new facility next year.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Went to Blackwater Brewing Co for the first time this weekend. The Saison and Kolsch were really good but they were out of the IPA.
jah003
S
quote:

Hefe in cans! Trading just got about 10X better... As well as summer by the pool.
La Fours
AG
quote:

Haven't they been saying this for the past 5 or 6 years? I really want it to happen. But it seems like it's been in the works forever.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:

Agrestic(!) at Liberty Station right now.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:

Agrestic(!) at Liberty Station right now.
Jealous
jah003
S
Anyone else win the Zawanze JK lottery. Lucky enough to be in session 2... So I'll be out there Saturday. In addition to Zwanze (which I'm guessing will get kicked in session 1), they'll have Gueuze, Ros de Gambrinus, and Cuve St. Gilloise. So... I'll get a free 4 oz. pour of something, just not sure what.
AggieOO
Fours- probably real this time since they are moving facilities. Plus, the property is undeveloped out by the Colorado, so maybe they will have a nice outdoor area like JK.
La Fours
AG
quote:
Anyone else win the Zawanze JK lottery. Lucky enough to be in session 2... So I'll be out there Saturday. In addition to Zwanze (which I'm guessing will get kicked in session 1), they'll have Gueuze, Ros de Gambrinus, and Cuve St. Gilloise. So... I'll get a free 4 oz. pour of something, just not sure what.

I thought the whole purpose of their lottery system was to ensure that everyone got a pour of all the Cantillon beers. Including the Zwanze Day.
La Fours
AG
quote:
Fours- probably real this time since they are moving facilities. Plus, the property is undeveloped out by the Colorado, so maybe they will have a nice outdoor area like JK.

That would be awesome. I've been a big fan of their stuff. But they were self distributing the last I knew and to get their beer here in CS the locals would have to pick it up from the brewery. I hope they expand distro with the addition of the canning line and I can get their regular stuff in CS. Any links to whet they give updates in the new location? I looked on the website and fb page but didn't find anything.
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:

How was it? I've heard mixed reviews. But mostly based on their original release of it from several years ago.
La Fours
AG
Randomly found scriffer on untapped looking up green monster.
Scriffer
AG
Stocker
army01
AG
quote:
None for me. Probably for the best. Pretty sure my wife would come unglued if I made the 6 hr round trip right now.
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:
quote:

How was it? I've heard mixed reviews. But mostly based on their original release of it from several years ago.
It was not very good. Fans of very malty, over oaked Oud Bruin would probably find it enjoyable though. I just found it to be quite acetic and heavy. There was a hint of butyric acid as well.
Jegan14
AG
I was in Michigan last week and was able to try Bell's for the first time. Their Oberon ale is an awesome wheat beer. If I was in their distro I would drink that stuff all the time. I also brought home some Expedition Stout that I will probably wait until winter to try.
La Fours
AG
quote:
Stocker
AggieOO
Fours- the article I read said they will continue to self distribute.
jah003
S
quote:
quote:

I thought the whole purpose of their lottery system was to ensure that everyone got a pour of all the Cantillon beers. Including the Zwanze Day.

I think last year it was, but only for 150 people. This year, they've increased the number to 450 and got three additional kegs of Cantillon. Basically, if your in the last two sessions, you're getting some Cantillon, but not necessarily Zwanze.
AgEng06
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I think last year it was, but only for 150 people. This year, they've increased the number to 450 and got three additional kegs of Cantillon. Basically, if your in the last two sessions, you're getting some Cantillon, but not necessarily Zwanze.
Did not get picked...
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Hughies tap list is stout right now. Bomb, Bible Belt, BCBW, Merkin...
NColoradoAG
quote:
Hughies tap list is stout right now. Bomb, Bible Belt, BCBW, Merkin...
I see what you did there
maca1028
Looks like we are going to stay ahead of these guys with the construction cams being down for the season.
http://texags.com/forums/25/topics/2402629/next#r40585899
Keep it up beer threaders!

Although, I am ok with the cam threaders keeping it close
Scriffer
AG
I think we have them cam thread licked, but the Longhorn Meltdown thread is 1k behind and averaging over 100 posts per day.

I fear our time is limited.
Scriffer
AG
So let's get to work!

I had a helluva day, so I went big:

SecoKid
AG
quote:
So let's get to work!

I had a helluva day, so I went big:

Robert C. Christian
AG
In College Station for the Business Career Fair. Stopped by Blackwater and had the Watermelon Saison and CS Kolsch. Not sure what I was expecting from the Saison, but it was just ok. I liked the Kolsch though.
First Page Last Page
Page 518 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.