Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,643,035 Views | 62613 Replies | Last: 36 min ago by swampstander
maca1028
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lucky, you're around the clear lake area right? Double dba is at shell @ blackhawk
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to get over there.
army01
AG
Jetch, as long as they do not serve hard stuff, I think you can take home bottles...or at least that's the way the Saucer in Fort Worth was.
jetch17
AG
This one does and 'technically' can't sell to go, but this girl kinda wants my dong and is gonna let me fly with one

... Or she wants the extra 25 GD dollars that they're charging for it. I'm going with wants my dong.
62strat
AG
quote:
SA Boiler Room is pretty poor, and should never, ever be used as a benchmark for "sours". There are hundreds of awesome sours out there,
you should definitely try some others.

That's almost like saying such and such beer should not be used as a benchmark for 'ales'.

Sours is not a style of beer (it's a mouthfeel characteristic). However, Berlinerweisse is a specific style, and happens to be sour. So is a Flanders Red and Oud Bruin (Flanders brown)
Now in USA, at this point, damn near every style of beer has been 'soured' by someone, seemingly creating all these new 'styles'. But they aren't actual styles, just soured beers.

So find a style you like (ipa, fruity beer, stout, wheat, farmhouse, etc), then try a soured example to see if you like it. Many soured examples are aged in barrels of a specific beverage, like bourbon or wine, so you have those flavors as well. Berlinerweisse, while it is a specific style, is just a low alcohol, unfiltered, soured wheat beer, not barrel aged. (unless specifically saying so)

Even cooler is when you get to try the same base beer, one soured, and one not. (New Belgium does this on their tour, you get to try la folie (IIRC) before it gets aged and soured, and next to the finished product)
62strat
AG
Picked up 8 DFH punkins today as well. Haven't had it in ~3 years or so. Been my favorite since I first had it 7-8 years ago.

That completes my seasonal purchases this fall. I've got 20 pumpkins (10 unique) and 6 American Oktoberfests.

Now I need cold weather. It was 94 in Denver yesterday
La Fours
AG
Damn, that's hotter than it was in College Station.
jetch17
AG
Bunker HEB Has an asston of DFH Punkin and about 8 cases of Karbach Krunkin Pumpkin
jetch17
AG
I went ahead and got Krunk'd & funk 'd earlier

jh0400
AG
quote:

I've looked at West Alabama and Buffalo Speedway for that cherry funk and haven't found one yet.
jetch17
AG
Bunker HEB had about 10 in the cooler .. About $10 a pop
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:
quote:

I've looked at West Alabama and Buffalo Speedway for that cherry funk and haven't found one yet.

D&Q has plenty.
Jock 07
AG
Looks like le terrior just dropped here in the springs as well as the cherry funk.
62strat
AG
quote:
Damn, that's hotter than it was in College Station.

Course, my truck said 94.. it was probably 88-90.
But yeh.. last Friday it snowed.. then this week it's 90..

Gotta love the weather here.
La Fours
AG
One summer at boy scout camp in the San Isabel National Park, had the craziest weather I have ever personally witnessed. It was in late June I believe, the high for the day was in the 90's, then a storm blew in and it dumped rain and hail on the camp. And after the storm the low temp of the day was in the 40's.
txag2008
AG
quote:
Anyone know when FBS is coming to Texas,
It hit Dallas today
steve00
AG
This just became available. Not as good as Sculpin, but still pretty good.

NColoradoAG
A local brewery is releasing their gose tonight. Gonna make it a gose night all around

Jock 07
AG
quote:
A local brewery is releasing their gose tonight. Gonna make it a gose night all around

Crabtree?
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:

Crabtree?

Wiley Roots
aggiechris06
AG
Oskar Blues Ten Fidy, where have you been all my life??

In other news, Katy Whole Foods has about ten Cherry Funks left...$11. I am giving prairie one more chance after getting overcharged for gold mosaic. If cherry funk disappoints, no more $10 pint bottles from prairie for me.

In other news, now one less cherry funk at Katy Whole Foods...
jetch17
AG
Looks like the untapped fest & toadies show in Houston tomorrow is rescheduled to oct 11
BurnetAggie99
Up here in Dallas getting ready to head to midnight yell & just had a couple of pints of Revolver Blood And Honey American Pale Wheat beer. Made in Texas and its awesome.
Jock 07
AG
Can't remember if I mentioned it last weekend but yellow rose was on tap at Dudleys last weekend.
maca1028
Starting kind of late with a 2014 la folie
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Dogfish Head Palo Alto Marron

Pretty good. Reminds me of ales aged in bourbon barrels without the bourbon flavor. Alcohol content is almost too high because it slightly burns like drinking straight liquor. 8/10.
maca1028
Saw some boulevard hibiscus gose tonight at the store but didn't grab any. Has anyone had it?
Jock 07
AG
Looks like Robert Keen has picked up a beer marketing deal
http://blog.mysanantonio.com/food/2014/09/country-music-star-to-release-craft-beer-label/
jh0400
AG
I talked to one of the Adelbert's reps last night, and he said that they have a saison aging in red wine barrels with brett that should be ready to go in a month or two. If it is readily available, I'll load up on that one.
BSD
AG
quote:
Looks like the untapped fest & toadies show in Houston tomorrow is rescheduled to oct 11

Balls. I'll be in Chicago. On the bright side, I'll be touring Empirical and bringing back some Dreadnaught (and Zombie Dust if available).
MW13
AG
Went to yell at Four Corners Brewing in Dallas last night pretty cool place and nice people.

My favorite thing I had was their Local Buzz golden honey rye, their IPA was ok and I had something called a Holy Rooster which was a mix of the Local Buzz and some *****ly pear. It was all of 2.8% and I was not a fan. Their cans are kind interesting as you take the entire top off. They also could have used more than 2 people working in their tap room. Overall a good time with good beer, I'll keep a look out for their stuff in the future.
jah003
S
Anyone else going out to Zwanze at JK today...? I'll be up around noon and stay until 5 or so (or whenever I get my Cantillon pour). Got the wife and one month old in tow. Hoping to bring back one or two Zwanze glasses, but hoarders gonna hoard... so we shall see.
NColoradoAG
Decided to skip Zwanze day and watch football. I didn't feel like being out the door at 5am to line up.
Echoes97
AG
That really sucks as now it overlaps with the Ole Miss game in CS!!! Had VIP tix and was really looking forward to some of the brews I hadn't had and of course the Toadies. !@#$!$#
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
maca1028
Lucky, did you ever make it over to shell blackhawk? I went by around 5 yesterday and bought one DDBA and he said there were 2 more left.
First Page Last Page
Page 521 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.