Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,678,531 Views | 62656 Replies | Last: 3 min ago by swampstander
aggiejz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hey friends! Took a TexAgs hiatus for a while but I suppose it's about time to join in again. What've I missed the last few months?
jah003
S
quote:
Hey friends! Took a TexAgs hiatus for a while but I suppose it's about time to join in again. What've I missed the last few months?

Hmm... Page 500, steve00 may or may not be Phishy, JK and more JK, upcoming bottleshares, Lambic group order, and delicious beer. I'm sure I missed some stuff.
aggiechris06
AG
Holy crap...BCB Barleywine...kill me now
AgEng06
AG
I grabbed another (512) Peach Sour at Spec's today. The cashier said they had 4 left, out of the 6 cases they got three days ago. I was surprised they went so fast at 1 bottle per customer.
AggieOO
Lots of new Glarus going down the hatch today.
aggiejz
AG
Sounds about right. Any details about upcoming bottle shares? And what's this about a lambic group order? Already happened?
NColoradoAG
quote:
And what's this about a lambic group order? Already happened?

It'll happen if that ****** from Northern Colorado can get his **** together

Bottleshare is definitely going down at our spot for Ole Miss. UL Monroe and LSU too if there's interest

[This message has been edited by ncoloradoag (edited 8/22/2014 3:07p).]
BSD
AG
I'm down for a UL Monroe bottleshare. I'll unfortunately be out of town for the other two games.

oh, and get your **** together, son.
Echoes97
AG
Aggie Football Bottle Shares. We're there for every game so good for any and all.

Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
AgEng06
AG
quote:
It'll happen if that ****** from Northern Colorado can get his **** together

I ain't mad at ya... yet.
aggiejz
AG
The GBH guys are planning a big tailgate for Ole Miss, but I could prolly still do both. Tentatively down for Monroe & LSU as well.. Gotta see how the grad school/work schedules play out.
La Fours
AG
Welcome back JZ.
AggieOO
Totally missed my 600th beer on untapped.
MW03
AG
I typically hate chili beers, but I recently had the new Martin House Salsa Verde, and it was really surprisingly good. Would drink again for sure.
Jock 07
AG
Warming up for my trip to ft Collins tomorrow with a few beers at an anniversary party at the local beer bar here. Almanac farmers reserve citrus, templeton rye barrel arrogant *******,CS double dry hopped Vieille and an avery samaels. Little upset that I'm missing out on bruery sour in the rye and praries funky mosaic tomorrow while I'm in ft Collins but hopefully they'll last til at least Sun
NColoradoAG
When will you be in foco?
La Fours
AG
Are you going to hit up Black Bottle tomorrow? They have been releasing sours from the taproom in bottles.
Jock 07
AG
quote:

Pretty much all day touring new belgium at 1 planning on hitting up odell funkworks angheuser and maybe tap and handle as well. Kind of an all day deal. You gonna be round? Any suggestions?

[This message has been edited by Jock 07 (edited 8/22/2014 7:39p).]
docaggie
AG
Tonight it's Brunch Money from Armadillo Ale. Picked up a bottle on a whim while in Ft Worth visiting my sister and brother-in-law last weekend.
Very interesting brew. Lots of sweetness in the middle and doesn't taste near as bitter as the listed IBU (70).
Anyone tried their WunderMelon?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
steve00
AG
I realize I'm in the minority on this thread, because my favorite style is IPAs, because I am just starting to try sours, and because I live in San Diego, but I have not ever posted as anyone else.

I've hit about 10 local breweries since I've been here, and am batting less than .500 for ones that I would buy something of theirs in a store. This is one of the winners.

Kashchei
AG
Have you tried Ballast Point? If you don't like Sculpin you must be a terrorist.
steve00
AG
I haven't been to the brewery yet, as I had a bad experience the first time I tried it. I was living in a hotel when I moved out here and probably tried it after a Stone double ba$tard or something like that, and didn't appreciate the flavors. Tried it again last week and really liked it. Now I am keeping it stocked in the fridge. I will probably hit the brewery within a few weeks.

[This message has been edited by Steve00 (edited 8/22/2014 11:15p).]
Bmac04
AG
Very successful bcbs bottle share tonight.

Jock 07
AG
King Henry
Oh and I am quite jealous

[This message has been edited by Jock 07 (edited 8/22/2014 11:39p).]
Kashchei
AG
quote:
I haven't been to the brewery yet, as I had a bad experience the first time I tried it. I was living in a hotel when I moved out here and probably tried it after a Stone double ba$tard or something like that, and didn't appreciate the flavors. Tried it again last week and really liked it. Now I am keeping it stocked in the fridge. I will probably hit the brewery within a few weeks.

[This message has been edited by Steve00 (edited 8/22/2014 11:15p).]

You CANNOT beat Sculpin on tap. Highly, highly recommend it. Jealous you are close to the brewery.
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:

Pretty much all day touring new belgium at 1 planning on hitting up odell funkworks angheuser and maybe tap and handle as well. Kind of an all day deal. You gonna be round? Any suggestions?

[This message has been edited by Jock 07 (edited 8/22/2014 7:39p).]

I haven't been up in a while so maybe I'll catch up with you. Send me an email tomorrow with the deets. A trip to Fort Collins is not complete without visiting Choice City butcher and deli
army01
AG
quote:
Very successful bcbs bottle share tonight.

**** me sideways
CollinAB
AG
Yeah, I've seen your Untappd feed today. Looked fantastic. Due to work I can't guarantee I'll be able to go to the Ole Miss share, but I'll do my best.
La Fours
AG
Nice Bmac.

Alright guys. I'm very convinced that he isn't the same guy as phischy.

Keep trying new beers Steve. All styles. I used to pretty much only drink IPAs and coors light. Now I like pretty much every style.
maca1028
Too bad Phischy hates stone so much...
Hub05
AG
BMac, you can't post that picture without a giving us some type of writeup on the beers
Bmac04
AG
Well obviously Rare and King Henry stole the show. Truly amazing beers. Vanilla has not faded at all. Bramble was my favorite of the berry variants, raspberries still tasted super fresh. Prop was not drinking nearly as well as when it was first released.
BSD
AG
Dayumn, bmac!!! Nicely done. Sucks to hear about the Prop. I've got a bottle sitting in the cellar because Jetch's ***** ass keeps stalling on helping me drink it.

I kid, Jetch. Don't shank me. But we need to drink that someday.
maca1028
How was the cherry rye bmac? I've been sitting on one I got in a trade a few months ago
Bmac04
AG
Cherry was drinking great. I've heard a lot of people say its just basically cough syrup now and I didn't get that at all. I'm actually thinking about trying to get another bottle of bramble and cherry because they were that good!
First Page Last Page
Page 503 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.