Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,566,885 Views | 62475 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by CDub06
AgEng06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Swung by the aforementioned Spec's this morning. Apparently I can't stop anywhere beer is sold without spending a hundred bucks.

Ended up with 2x Love Child #4, 2x Mirror Mirror, 1x Saison Brett, 1x 512 Peach Sour.
Robert C. Christian
AG
That is one expensive 6 pack.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Looks like JK also released Le Vie en Rose and some more Biere de Miel for this weekend.
cc10106
HEB Fairfield has F.U.N. 011, but i had to ask for it.
CollinAB
AG
Picked some Greenhouse from Whichcraft today. Really enjoying it. Is there any of the Peach Sour still up at that Spec's?
AgEng06
AG
They had a few cases of the peach sour earlier today, so at 1 bottle per person that should last a little while.
jah003
S
Looks like Peach Sour will be out at JK (along with aforementioned La Vie and Biere de Miel) starting Friday. They only got two cases in, so it'll last maybe an hour. I've got family heading out there Friday and I'm trying to see if the wife will let me tag along...
CollinAB
AG
I work right around there so I'll try to get over there before my shift. Thanks for the heads-up.
NColoradoAG
Hub, remind me of your plans for the game next week? Will you be in Charleston? Where are you tailgating? We'll be in Charleston Wednesday-Sunday. I think we're parking at the fairgrounds for the game and starting out at the Association and Aggieland Outfitters tailgates. After that, I'm planning to pimp out my wife and party at a cockaboose.
Hub05
AG
We arrive in Charleston early afternoon, and we plan on going to Westbrook (Open 4-7). Then dinner reservations at Edmunds Oast, check in to our hotel downtown, and then check out the selection at Charleston Beer Exchange.

Gameday - We are leaving Charleston noonish (?), grab some BBQ in Columbia and then tailgate for a few hours before the game. Not sure what we are doing for parking. Did you buy a parking pass or are you just planing on parking on the side of the road or in someones yard? Also, where are the Association and AO tailgates going to be?

After the game, we may wait out the traffic near my truck and drink a few beers before trying to find somewhere with good beer and not terrible loud.

Friday is up in the air. I am closely monitoring the Westbrook BA Cake news and crossing my fingers it gets announced that they are releasing it next week.

My buddies are flying out early Saturday morning from Savannah, so our hotel is near the airport there. If we can get our schedules to meet up, I would love to have a beer or two with you.

If anyone is looking for a ticket, we have a spare single in the Aggie section.

NColoradoAG
I was also hoping that BA Mexican Cake would be Friday or Saturday.

Maybe we can work something out on Friday. That's my beer day. I plan to go to House of Brews, Westbrook and then into down town to stuff my face with oysters and check out CBX. We have 8pm dinner reservations back in Mount Pleasant.

We dont have a parking pass or anything. I've been reading there's a lot of parking near the fairgrounds. That's where the Association and AO tailgates are set up. I'll throw some Stave and a Casey Saison in there to drink if we meet up. Also down to do a trade. Hit me up on email if you want to work something out.
Hub05
AG
It looks like westbrook just bottle Gozu, so we can hope that it is still around next week
NColoradoAG
Saw that on Facebook. It'd be nice to bring some of that back along with some gose.
AggieOO
Stuck in Minneapolis airport. Basically doing a pub crawl at this point. Drinking surly, bells, etc.
txaggie05
AG
You poor thing
AggieOO
Well, there's a decent chance I'm stuck here for 24 hours, so I'm not too happy. I'd rather be on my way and let someone else drink all this.
AggieOO
And the guy next to me Just complained bc the bar didn't have any real beer, only craft beer. Then order a michelob ultra.
turfman80
AG
punch him.
AggieOO
turfman80
AG
No, seriously....
Bmac04
AG
Hosting a bcbs share tomorrow and was wondering ,for those that have done it in the past, what kind of order do you suggest to go in. I will have the following beers

Rare, KH, Vanilla, Prop, Bramble, Cherry, Backyard, Coffee, barleywine, regular

Jock 07
AG
Sippin on a hop trapp, my first of a variety of metroplex beers Scriffer was so kind to bring up here with him. Preciatecha.
AggieOO
Well, I got out of Minnesota, so t time for new Glarus.
Scriffer
AG
quote:
Sippin on a hop trapp, my first of a variety of metroplex beers Scriffer was so kind to bring up here with him. Preciatecha.

Hope it's up to snuff, Jock. I'm a fan of that one.
NColoradoAG
Bmac, having done that a few times, I would do that exact order. Maybe switch vanilla and KH, but that's about it. Palate fatigue is real, especially with such similar beers. Drink the big guns first or they will taste just like BCBS and BCBBW at the end.
maca1028
quote:
Hosting a bcbs share tomorrow and was wondering ,for those that have done it in the past, what kind of order do you suggest to go in. I will have the following beers

Never done one before with those options so this is just off the top of my head...
Regular
Coffee
Barleywine
Backyard
Vanilla
KH
Cherry
Bramble
Prop
Rare

I've only had the top 3 so take it with a grain of salt
steve00
AG
Tonight's work
AgEng06
AG
Finally got to try this one tonight. It's really sour, but I like that. Overall, very good.

AgEng06
AG
Oh, and nice IPAs there. I like Sculpin and Double Jack, haven't had the other.
gordo97
AG
Had bourbon county barleywine tonight for the first time.... Very smooth..... Much better than the stout
Jock 07
AG
Does anyone know where Cantillon distributes over in Europe? I have a buddy who lives in desenzano del garda, rivotella district in Italy. Have no idea where exactly that is but he says it's bout a 10 hour drive to Belgium.
Hub05
AG
quote:

If the coffee is a '12 bomber, I would drink it before the Bramble.

My preference for order would be:
Rare, Vanilla, KH, Prop, Bramble Cherry, Backyard, Coffee, BW, and Regular

Having done this tasting, here are my thoughts:
Start with the beers with more subtle flavors (Rare and Vanilla)

Get a berliner for a pallet refresher. We use Bells Oarsman because it is cheap, refreshing, and yr round. Too bad Tx doesn't get Bells.

Depending on how many people are at the tasting, I would do my best to split the tasting in half. Either split it with a meal or do it on different days. My guess is your sense of taste will be greatly muted after the Prop. however this will depend on how many people are at the tasting. We did it with 3 people + tiny pours for the wives, so we had good size pours of everything

The fruited variants destroyed my pallet. If everyone has had the 3 bottles from '13, I would not bother drinking those at a tasting. It will just add to the hangover the next day.

Bmac04
AG
Thanks for the advice everyone. Can't wait to try them all tonight.
steve00
AG
The Mother Earth is an Imperial Brown Ale. It is good in its own way, but I prefer the IPAs.
aggiechris06
AG
Bourbon County Barleywine on tap at Whole Foods Katy!!! Takin home a 32 ounce growler...and only because no way I could do 64 ounces before it goes flat.
First Page Last Page
Page 502 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.