Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,653,020 Views | 62634 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by Objective Aggie
Scriffer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The lady and I each had a fresh Pliny in Colorado Springs courtesy of Jock 07. Had a great time meeting you yesterday, and thanks for the hookup!
La Fours
AG

Man this is good.
Jock 07
AG
quote:

The lady and I each had a fresh Pliny in Colorado Springs courtesy of Jock 07. Had a great time meeting you yesterday, and thanks for the hookup!

Absolutely, Glad y'all enjoyed it. Nice little reward for running up a 14er. Hope you were able to find a few takehome bottles over at coaltrain. I'm lookin forward to getting into the Dallas stuff you brought up. If you're ever back in the area let me know.
Jock 07
AG
quote:

Man this is good.

I've been tempted, on many occasions, to open mine but have held off so far. Really wish I had a second bottle of it. I had, I think, ~3 vintages last year at barrelworks and all were amazing.
Scriffer
AG
Did some damage at Coaltrain yesterday. Gonna have to find a way to sneak off to find more.
Jegan14
AG
La Fours, I have a FUN 005 I will trade you. Send me an email at john egan nine one at gmail.
La Fours
AG
quote:
La Fours, I have a FUN 005 I will trade you. Send me an email at john egan nine one at gmail.

Thanks. Email sent.
La Fours
AG
quote:

Thanks. Email sent.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
If anybody has a Fra-gee-lay they'd be willing to part with I'd definitely be interesting in a trade.
maca1028
Has anyone seen Love Child 4 around Houston?
turfman80
AG
D & Q Mini Mart tweeted about a week ago that they had both #3 and #4 on the shelf.
txaggie05
AG
Still plenty Love Child #4 around in San Antonio. I can pick some up for you if you'd like and either just ship it or do a trade if you can't find any. Email is my username @ gmail.com
Ags #1
AG
Heb on buff speedway had love child #4 on Saturday
cpscAG06
AG
jah, have you had 512 Peach Sour yet?
jah003
S
quote:

I have not... Sounds intriguing. I'll pick up at least a bottle. I'm still at the hospital with our daughter, so hoping there is still some around when we bust out.
AggieOO
quote:
Man this is good.

good to know. I have one sitting at home, but have yet to break it out.
army01
AG
Does anyone else have a wife that refers to their beer cellar/closet as the "Beer Collection?
cpscAG06
AG
sorry to read your daughter is in the hospital. I hope everything is ok.
jah003
S
quote:
sorry to read your daughter is in the hospital. I hope everything is ok.

She ended up in the NICU right after she was born last Tuesday. They transferred her to Dell Children's on Wednesday. She was having some issues with her breathing and they removed a cyst that was blocking her airway. She had a follow up surgery today and is doing great. Word on the NICU street is we'll go home tomorrow. The silver beer lining is Dell is within walking distance of the Mueller HEB... Which has a pretty phenomenal beer selection. Already plotting my celebratory beer for Tuesday as well...
Jock 07
AG
Damn, sorry to hear about that jah
Anyone know anything about Texian brewing down in Richmond?

[This message has been edited by Jock 07 (edited 8/18/2014 4:34p).]
bevokilla
AG
I have had a couple of beers from Texian as they are 4 miles from my house. Nothing really stood out as great but of the 2 or 3 I had, nothing was a sink pour either. I think I had the Brutus and the First Stand.
maca1028
We made it to 501 cheers!
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Saint Lugene as I get ready to watch Johnny. Lets get it!
Quincey P. Morris
AG
And I'm kind of surprised that these JK snifters hold a full 12 ouncer. They're good sized, I just wouldn't have guessed they were big enough.
Jegan14
AG
Gulden Draak aged in whiskey barrels for my 500th beer on Untappd. It's really good but I don't think it really improved on the original (which I love).

My username is JohnEgan91 for anyone who I haven't added yet.
AggieOO
Pleasantly surprised by Dogma.
aggiechris06
AG
Texian is alright...went on the tour and I will agree, nothing was amazing, but nothing bad.

I am looking forward to Charlie Foxtrot, their 7.8% ish Imperial Berlinerweisse, in cans. It's good, not amazing, but more than anything it's a berliner that is over 7%, which I think is great.
La Fours
AG
quote:

When did this get released?
AgEng06
AG
I located some of the (512) Peach Sour today, but won't get a chance to go get any until at least tomorrow. It's at the Spec's at Arbor Walk (Mopac and Cap of Texas).

I was going to ask if any of you Austin guys make it by there to pick me up a bottle (or two), but I just called and they are only giving out 1 bottle per customer. I might try to swing by tomorrow morning.
AgEng06
AG
Oh, and I had a Pliny on Friday night in honor of 500.
AggieOO
Man, I really love dead guy ale.
maca1028
Real Ale gose for me tonight, 576 hours from now...I expect to be celebrating the Ag's BTHOsc!
NoneGiven
AG
Cracked one of these tonight

Not too shabby. Worth a try if you are a fan of Prairie Bomb
Scriffer
AG
Decompressing after a great Colorado vacation:

maca1028
Looks like 512 peach sour is on JK to go menu this weekend. Word on the street is that it will release in Houston Friday.
First Page Last Page
Page 501 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.