Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,675,409 Views | 62647 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by maca1028
Ags #1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fun 011 at krogers off buff speedway and westpark
AgEng06
AG
And there it is, page 500.
La Fours
AG
Finally to pg 500!! 

Trading an 008 Fra-Gee-Lay for a Perennial Sump. Was going to hold on to it until Christmas Eve like I did last year with my last 002 Fra-Gee-Lay. But he is a nice guy and he wants to share it with his GF. 

So anyone have an 008 they are willing to trade to me so I'll have one in the cellar for Christmas Eve? Something simple in person? And while I'm floating this out there, I am interested in any of the Karbach FUN's 001-005, and 007 as well. Sitting on 6,9, and 10. 

AgEng06
AG
I was kind of thinking we should have a thread with bottles people are looking to trade/acquire. Kind of a trading marketplace like the forums at BA, but maybe on a smaller scale.

Thoughts?

[This message has been edited by AgEng06 (edited 8/15/2014 1:11p).]
wessimo
AG
A google doc would be good for that purpose
La Fours
AG
quote:
A google doc would be good for that purpose

That's a good start to see people's wants/gots, then start a new thread FT:ISO.
maca1028
quote:
start a new thread FT:ISO.

This
AgEng06
AG
Agreed. Also, we would definitely need to keep it all in one thread, to avoid cluttering up the entire board.
aggiechris06
AG
This thread has taken hours, probably days of my life, and innumerable healthy liver cells from me....

...and it's been a damn good trade, as I have had some awesome beers because of and learned a ton from you jokers.

To 500!! And to 1000
La Fours
AG
Had a couple of Lily and Seamus sour mash earlier. Now drinking an Odell Trellis. It's pretty good. Also did an in person trade and scored a bottle of Perennial Sump. Looking forward to drinking that.
aggiechris06
AG
Got some Funky Gold in the fridge for tonight and for 500. Anyone have suggestions for the best replacement for a teku glass?? (Somehow don't have one)

[This message has been edited by aggiechris06 (edited 8/15/2014 8:59p).]
steve00
AG
Went to Mother Earth Brewery today. I like several of their beers, but none of them were on tap. I didn't care for anything that was available.

Recovered with a Sculpin on tap at a bar, which was very good. I must have been drunk or angry the first time I tried it. I will be having more soon.
BSD
AG
quote:
Anyone have suggestions for the best replacement for a teku glass?? (Somehow don't have one)

Wine glass (white wine glass, more specifically Chardonnay or white burgundy glass)
Jason_Ag98
AG
Had a Pliny in honor of 500 pages (not that I really needed much of an excuse).
army01
AG
In honor of pg 500, if you're not putting your dick in it, you're doing it wrong.

[This message has been edited by army01 (edited 8/16/2014 12:49a).]
maca1028
Working nights all weekend so I can't throw down until Monday. This thread has been awesome to follow for me over the last year +. I've picked up so much knowledge about craft beer from you guys and I still feel like there is so much out there that I haven't learned yet. With that being said, Monday I'll be toasting a glass of Mogli to page 504 and counting.
Cheers!
maca1028
Speaking of still learning...what is BT 2013?
Bmac04
AG
Black Tuesday 2013 I would guess
aggiechris06
AG
I gotta say...I wasn't all that impressed with Funky Gold...kinda like a bitter watered down mimosa. Not bad, but for $10 a bottle I expected more....

...maybe sours aren't gonna be my thing.
jah003
S
JK... I used to be mad that you put out new glassware for every release... But I can't even be mad about this one:

Hoping it'll last until next weekend, otherwise I might need a goandpickitupformebro...
Jock 07
AG
Well I was seriously considering hitting up what the funk, but apparently all the tickets have come and gone for it. Oh well,maybe I'll do the wynkoop rare beer deal.
BSD
AG
Jock, I wish I had known you were looking for those tickets. I get offered every year but have to decline for obvious reasons. Remind me next year.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Damn. I need to find a way to get some Snorkel and a couple of those glasses.
Jock 07
AG
Yeah, I was still kind of debating it for this year since I'm already going to the Thurs GABF session and might be going to the Sat member's only session now if I can grab some tickets for that. Speaking of which, my Thurs tickets were emailed to me and would seem to be easily duplicated for nefarious resale. If I'm looking for the member's only tickets would buying from stubhub guarntee that they're legit and not just one of multiple tickets that have been printed out and resold?
Falcon85
AG
The St. Arnold 20th Anniversary is a good beer, not expensive and available.
DaveHimself
AG
I've been wanting to try that 20th Anniversary. Having a St. A Homefront tonight...cheers to 500!
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Drinking a Not The Stoic. Pretty damn good. #5HUNNID
MattJaxson
AG
Supplication for 500. Starting to really enjoy the sours. Cheers!
streetfighter2012
AG
St. A's Bishops Barrel #7 at Blackwater Draw for page 500.
Nom de Plume
AG
Oktoberfest beers are hitting the shelves. I'm looking for your favorites, preferably that I can find at HEB Plus.

This is my favorite beer season, closely followed by Christmas Stout season.
aggiechris06
AG
It's too bad that it stays 85+ well into October here in Houston...I feel like it keeps you from really enjoying Oktoberfest type beers fully...by the time it gets really cool I am all about winter seasonals and stouts....

That being said, I too would be up for some lesser known suggestions, especially any that have a bit more hop balance than most malt bombs served in fall.
Falcon85
AG
Yeah, picked up a Not the Stoic last week in Brek but have not yet tried it.
La Fours
AG
quote:
St. A's Bishops Barrel #7 at Blackwater Draw for page 500.

I'm drinking a bb7 that I got at BWD. But I'm doing it at home.

They have a bunch of bb4 and bb7 available for $12 a bottle. And you can take it home. Bb4 is a weizenbock with cherries and it's delicious. This bb7 is a nice BBA RIS.
Jock 07
AG
Nothin too crazy for me but here's my page 500 contribution.
steve00
AG

Founders Devil Dancer Triple IPA.

A random guy in a random liquor store said they just started getting this brewery's stuff from Michigan. I tried the DIPA last night, but was too far in to recall exactly how it tasted.

The Devil Dancer is fantastic. It has the sweetness and bite of a barrel aged IPA like Stone Southern Charred. Only it is still available to buy. I'm sitting on two of those and can't find any more anywhere. I'm about to order as much of this DD as I can find.
First Page Last Page
Page 500 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.