Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,674,464 Views | 62645 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by FancyKetchup14
DonaldFDraper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any one have a favorite Dallas brewery tour?

I have imbibed on plenty of Community, Deep Ellum, Lakewood, Four Corners, etc but never been to any of the breweries. I am going to be over in Dallas from Fort Worth on Saturday and want to check out one of them.
La Fours
AG
Any of you B/CS guys going to JK this weekend? I might be wanting some bottles if possible. I'm still considering making the drive myself tomorrow after work. So if any of you are willing to make a quick turn around trip, let me know. I would want to leave CS at around 5 or 5:30, hit the to go bottles line and pretty much turn around and come back. 
maca1028
Speaking of JK, they just announced that they will be a location for zwanze day 9/20. Assuming the have another funk and sour fest this fall, if I can only make one of those events, which one would be better?
WorkBoots09
AG
DonaldFDraper,

We have been to Four Corners, Deep Ellum, Lakewood, and Community, and so far our favorite was Community. They have a huge space and they are usually doing some kind of local artisan something or other during their tour or during the week. Deep Ellum has a cool vibe, but it was hotter than hades the last time we went, and it gets pretty darn crowded. Four Corners was kinda meh, but the owner is an Aggie FWIW. Lakewood is another good one, but they're in the process of expanding/building a new facility. We haven't been recently, but that might make things a little difficult.

My advice would be to go to Community for the tour, and then swing by LUCK or Four Corner's tap room on your way back to FW. LUCK has all the good local beers on tap, and you can fill growlers there too.
NColoradoAG
quote:
Speaking of JK, they just announced that they will be a location for zwanze day 9/20. Assuming the have another funk and sour fest this fall, if I can only make one of those events, which one would be better?

Personally, I'll go with Zwanze over just about any fest. For the most part, festivals are a dime a dozen these days. I'll take whatever the Zwanze brew is this year, plus whatever other loons are on tap, over a fest. I don't know much about JKs fests though, other than people complaining about lines.

That being said, Jock, I hope to see you at Crooked Stave the morning of 9/20. Hopefully the SMU game is late afternoon/evening.

[This message has been edited by ncoloradoag (edited 8/14/2014 10:48a).]
DonaldFDraper
AG
quote:
DonaldFDraper,

We have been to Four Corners, Deep Ellum, Lakewood, and Community, and so far our favorite was Community. They have a huge space and they are usually doing some kind of local artisan something or other during their tour or during the week. Deep Ellum has a cool vibe, but it was hotter than hades the last time we went, and it gets pretty darn crowded. Four Corners was kinda meh, but the owner is an Aggie FWIW. Lakewood is another good one, but they're in the process of expanding/building a new facility. We haven't been recently, but that might make things a little difficult.

My advice would be to go to Community for the tour, and then swing by LUCK or Four Corner's tap room on your way back to FW. LUCK has all the good local beers on tap, and you can fill growlers there too.

Thanks WorkBoots. I love the Mosaic so that sounds like a good idea to me.

I have been to LUCK a couple times and it is awesome. I think there is an Aggie tie there as well. Investor or chef maybe?
Jock 07
AG
NColorado, I hope so, I'll have to look at my schedule for next month, hopefully I'm not working.
La Fours
AG
So are we going to throw down tonight in celebration of page 500 and the official release of the SEC Network?
BSD
AG
I had 3 beers this week. That is "throwing down" for me. That's about 3x more than any one month this year! I gotta slow down or my doc is going to be pissed!
AgEng06
AG
quote:
So are we going to throw down tonight in celebration of page 500 and the official release of the SEC Network?

I'm down. I've got another Pliny in the fridge.
jah003
S
quote:

Crap! I'm still at the hospital... Pour one out... Nope don't do that... Pour one in your mouth for me fellas.
La Fours
AG
quote:
I had 3 beers this week. That is "throwing down" for me. That's about 3x more than any one month this year! I gotta slow down or my doc is going to be pissed!

You are exempt. I just left BWD and am headed to Harvey Washbangers for the Lone Pint tap take over. Then once I'm home, it will be later before I can throw down. Wife and kids are leaving early tomorrow and I'll be helping get them packed and what not.

JAH, I'll drink one for you.
62strat
AG
Another discount frenzy at the licka sto.

grand reopening of the bomber room, so 20% off 12 or more bombers, plus 3 coupons each of $6 off $50. my 20% discounted total came to $150.30.. perfect

$188 pretax total, down to $132.

[This message has been edited by 62strat (edited 8/14/2014 5:57p).]
steve00
AG
Cheers to Stone's 18th Anniversary. This is a good beer. Much more balanced than most of their stuff (not that I dislike their more aggressively hoppy stuff).

Jock 07
AG
quote:
Another discount frenzy at the licka sto.

grand reopening of the bomber room, so 20% off 12 or more bombers, plus 3 coupons each of $6 off $50. my 20% discounted total came to $150.30.. perfect

$188 pretax total, down to $132.

[This message has been edited by 62strat (edited 8/14/2014 5:57p).]

Is that Lukas? How longs the sale for?
62strat
AG
Parker Payless. It goes until Saturday.

the back of the receipt from king soopers on Jordan has the $6 off $50 coupons.
La Fours
AG
How rar is that AC Golden Peche?
La Fours
AG
Oh and earlier I took part in the Lone Pint tap takeover at Harvey Washbangers. Had a Zeno's pale, Tornado Shark, and a Lily & Seamus sour mash. So good.
62strat
AG
Parker payless had about 2-3 dozen of them. I assumed it was new release, but label says bottled in 11/2013, Batch 3.
turfman80
AG
LaFours,
Was at the Lone Pint takeover, too. Love that Yellow Rose!
La Fours
AG
Yeah. That's good stuff. I'm a big fan of Lily and Seamus. Really of the three I had tonight, they were all very good. Granted, I have had L&S before. And Yellow Rose, so I didn't drink it.

Also, BWD released their cucumber saison Saturday. I'm excited to try that. And he have a watermelon saison in the works. Not sure when that will be released.
steve00
AG
Had a Green Flash Session IPA on cask - hated it. Way too floral. Glad I still had some Dogfish 90 left to wash it down.

Switched bars and had a Ballast Point Big Eye. Really good. Makes me think I didn't give Sculpin a fair shot the one time I tried it.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
I bought a bomber of Shiner's *****ly pear craft beer mainly because it was $2 but I'm pleasantly surprised.
aggiechris06
AG
quote:
Had a Green Flash Session IPA on cask - hated it. Way too floral. Glad I still had some Dogfish 90 left to wash it down.

Switched bars and had a Ballast Point Big Eye. Really good. Makes me think I didn't give Sculpin a fair shot the one time I tried it.

If you didn't like Sculpin, then something was either wrong with that batch/keg or something is wrong with the person who was drinking it.

That stuff if FANTASTIC
steve00
AG
I am starting to think it was me. I had it as a hotel beer when I first came out here, and it was probably after some Stone and/or whiskey, which would have messed up my palette. It tasted too light at the time. I will be buying some tomorrow to get to the bottom of this.
aggiechris06
AG
On tap/growler is better if you can get it
La Fours
AG
Finishing the night with this.

Lots of acidic orange. Like a watered down mimosa. It's not bad. Kind of weird. Taste is nice. But is kind of harsh on my tongue.
La Fours
AG
Maca, or anyone else, I would appreciate a bottle or 3 of Karbach FUN 011. Spoke with the local distro guys for Karbach tonight and we aren't supposed to see any. Supposedly it was going to be an inside the loop only in Houston.
maca1028
I can cover you for 1 la fours. Also, I don't know if any of you burn money on glassware like I do, but JK has the provenance glass for sale online now
Jock 07
AG
Nothin special for me tonight just a sixer of odell ipa at a Hayes Carll show which was byob then a pint of deschutes jubilation from a Christmas in July deal at a bar next door
Jock 07
AG
quote:
On tap/growler is better if you can get it

Or in cans
army01
AG
Do we get any beers from South Carolina?
La Fours
AG
quote:
I can cover you for 1 la fours. Also, I don't know if any of you burn money on glassware like I do, but JK has the provenance glass for sale online now

I appreciate it maca.
La Fours
AG
quote:
Do we get any beers from South Carolina?

Not that I know of.
NColoradoAG
quote:
How rar is that AC Golden Peche?

Not rare at all. Came out a while ago. Sits around in room temp shelves since it's between $24 & $30
First Page Last Page
Page 499 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.