Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,677,830 Views | 62652 Replies | Last: 10 min ago by swampstander
turfman80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Enjoyed a bottle of the new batch of Prairie Hop tonight, although I enjoyed last year's much more. The new brew has much more saison characteristics, while last year had much more pineapple and tropical hop flavors intermingled with the saison base.
Jock 07
AG
Pretty jealous, love me some Sucaba
La Fours
AG
quote:
http://i.imgur.com/QcPnXiEl.jpg

Dat glass!!
streetfighter2012
AG
No 2014 Sucuba for a side by side. They had the 2012 sucuba, 2014 parabola, and several of the other traditional beers. I ended up having two sucubas and a parabola. Sucuba is one amazing beer.
maca1028
Let me know if you can't find 011 la fours
Echoes97
AG
011 is going to be difficult to come by. I'm buds w a Karbach rep and he said it's the smallest yield yet. He couldn't get me any and I have had no luck finding it yet. Specs sold out this afternoon of their sizeable allotment (10 cases or so). Sucks, I LOVED painted lady and really want to try the barrel aged version. Hoping to get some at HEB tomorrow but not holding my breath.

[This message has been edited by Echoes97 (edited 8/13/2014 1:08a).]
jah003
S
quote:
quote:
It looks like Austin just got some Epic Brewing. I'm definitely looking forward to trying Big Bad Baptist.

Texas is getting Epic? That's awesome. Any word on Houston? Had my first Big Bad Baptist a couple of months ago. It was great.

They're doing a "roll out" in Austin right now, but not Houston. I think they're kinda testing the waters before they expand to some "larger" markets. So... It might be a while before they hit Houston.
Robert C. Christian
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
It looks like Austin just got some Epic Brewing. I'm definitely looking forward to trying Big Bad Baptist.

Texas is getting Epic? That's awesome. Any word on Houston? Had my first Big Bad Baptist a couple of months ago. It was great.

They're doing a "roll out" in Austin right now, but not Houston. I think they're kinda testing the waters before they expand to some "larger" markets. So... It might be a while before they hit Houston.

They are getting to roll out in Dallas as well. The Lake Flying Saucer is having their release party on the 19.
army01
AG
Eff...Figaro^3 gives me a case of the trots. Glad that was my last one.
AgEng06
AG
jah, any idea where in Austin will be getting some Epic?
jah003
S
quote:
jah, any idea where in Austin will be getting some Epic?

It already hit some of the "specialty" stores. i.e. Sunrise, East 1st, Whichcraft. Not sure when it'll be making an appearance at HEB and the bigger stores, buts its around. I'm just waiting for BBB to make an appearance.
AgEng06
AG
Cool, thanks. Would you mind keeping me (us) posted if you come across some? I'll do the same.
AgEng06
AG
Just found out that the Dig Pub in Cedar Park is going to have five Epic beers on draft tonight at 7:00 pm. I won't be able to make it since bringing my 2 1/2 year old daughter might be frowned upon, but wanted to let you guys know.

Also, Hamrick's in Cedar Park expects to get eight different Epic beers sometime this week. When I called the Epic rep was there giving out samples.

ETA: BBB won't be one of the five drafts, nor one of the initial beers Hamrick's gets.

[This message has been edited by AgEng06 (edited 8/13/2014 10:48a).]
Ags #1
AG
Found some 011 at the specs off bissonnett and Weslayan.
jah003
S
quote:
Just found out that the Dig Pub in Cedar Park is going to have five Epic beers on draft tonight at 7:00 pm. I won't be able to make it since bringing my 2 1/2 year old daughter might be frowned upon, but wanted to let you guys know.

Also, Hamrick's in Cedar Park expects to get eight different Epic beers sometime this week. When I called the Epic rep was there giving out samples.

ETA: BBB won't be one of the five drafts, nor one of the initial beers Hamrick's gets.

[This message has been edited by AgEng06 (edited 8/13/2014 10:48a).]

Yep, just saw their tweet. The Dig is my go-to bar. About a mile from my house. I'm at the hospital with a new baby so that certainly won't happen tonight.

Stay far away from Hamrick's. Unless you like paying 2X what you would pay at HEB...

[This message has been edited by jah003 (edited 8/13/2014 12:22p).]
AgEng06
AG
Oh wow, we're pretty close together then. If any HEBs up in our area get some, let me know if you don't mind.

Is Hamrick's over-priced on everything, or just on things comparable to HEB?

[This message has been edited by AgEng06 (edited 8/13/2014 12:32p).]
BSD
AG
Societe's The Pupil IPA at the Monk's Kettle in San Francisco. Holy balls good.

Jock 07
AG
NColoradoAG
quote:
http://i.imgur.com/g9hs1FJl.jpg

Batch 2? I loved how much whiskey was there when fresh. Haven't cracked one recently. How is it?
AggieOO
Whip in has a crapload of epic. I was just in there.
aggiechris06
AG
Anyone know where I can find some Real Ale Gose here in Katy?? Haven't seen it anywhere!
Jock 07
AG
Still good, whiskey really comes through after it warmed up a bit.
La Fours
AG
quote:
I'm at the hospital with a new baby so that certainly won't happen tonight.

[This message has been edited by jah003 (edited 8/13/2014 12:22p).]

Congrats!!

[This message has been edited by la fours (edited 8/13/2014 8:49p).]
La Fours
AG
Found this on my front porch, courtesy of AggieOO!!

Thanks for grabbing these for me!!

[This message has been edited by la fours (edited 8/13/2014 5:35p).]
AggieOO
had a crappy day, so i busted out a Damnation.
La Fours
AG
Damn. This is amazing. I wish I had more.

Thank you AggieOO!!
La Fours
AG
quote:
Let me know if you can't find 011 la fours

Will do. Thanks.
jah003
S
quote:
Oh wow, we're pretty close together then. If any HEBs up in our area get some, let me know if you don't mind.

They tried to charge me $13 for a single bottle of KBS last year. My favorite, though, was the Lagunitas cappuccino stout for $12.99. There is no rhyme or reason to their pricing, but it's pretty much all overpriced.
AgEng06
AG
quote:
Damn. This is amazing. I wish I had more.

Thank you AggieOO!!

One of the few JK releases this year I wasn't able to get.

Anyone have one (or two) they'd like to trade?

[This message has been edited by AgEng06 (edited 8/13/2014 10:17p).]
AgEng06
AG
quote:
quote:

They tried to charge me $13 for a single bottle of KBS last year. My favorite, though, was the Lagunitas cappuccino stout for $12.99. There is no rhyme or reason to their pricing, but it's pretty much all overpriced.

Yeesh, I'll keep that in mind. I've bought several beers from there, but didn't have a reference for what they should cost other places.

Where do you pick up most of your stuff? HEB? Trades?

Oh, and congrats on the baby! I hope everyone is doing well.

[This message has been edited by AgEng06 (edited 8/13/2014 10:11p).]
62strat
AG
I'm in the Mecca of beer known as California!!!!.... But it's bakersfield, so never mind.
jah003
S
quote:
Yeesh, I'll keep that in mind. I've bought several beers from there, but didn't have a reference for what they should cost other places.

Where do you pick up most of your stuff? HEB? Trades?

Oh, and congrats on the baby! I hope everyone is doing well.

[This message has been edited by AgEng06 (edited 8/13/2014 10:11p).]

I've got a guy at HEB that will stash any limited release for me. I like Sunrise, but there is no way I can get there fast enough for the limited releases. I trade here and there, but the majority of my cellar is stuff I bought.

Thanks! We're hanging in there.
AggieOO
Fours, if you come across 11 in CS, pick me up one. We don't get bottles/ cans again in atx until October.
La Fours
AG
Will do!!
Jock 07
AG
62 you're kind of close to Barrelworks in Buellton or the main brewery in Paso Robles
First Page Last Page
Page 498 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.