Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,674,258 Views | 62645 Replies | Last: 15 min ago by FancyKetchup14
BSD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
RRBC! The sampler:

DonaldFDraper
AG
Central Market in Fort Worth only had the DFH 60 minute IPA and Indian Brown Ale. They seemed to think they'll be getting some Midas Touch but no Punkin.

They said DFH has really scaled back their distribution and gotten kind of "erratic" as to when and how much stock they send.

[This message has been edited by ShockEmAgs (edited 10/10/2011 7:22a).]
BSD
AG
I'm about to head back up to Russian River to get a few beers to bring home. My favorites from last night were:

Pliny (of course)
Happy Hops...but can't remember if they sell that in bottle/can
Temptation
Damnation 23...the new batch

I got a few of the Framboise for a Cure last night and will get a few more today. The place was packed last night and they had a live band playing. The pizza was really good there. I wish I was here for a little bit longer but this hangover hurts so I'll have a pint or two at lunch and then fly home.

Edit for today's visit...picked up a few to take back to Houston:

3x Consecration 
6x Pliny  
6x Temptation  
8x Damnation 23 
8x Framboise for a Cure 
2x Great beer/great wine 

[This message has been edited by Bsd (edited 10/10/2011 4:13p).]
Mooch98
AG
You Metroplex guys need to look a little harder for your DFH. I have all of these in stock right now:

60 Minute
90 Minute
Burton Baton
Midas Touch
Theobroma
Red & White
Life & Limb
army01
AG
I have Midas, 60 min, 90 min, Namaste, Indian Brown and Raison. Saw plenty of Santo Palo Marron at Mr. G's....I just can't find and Punkin Ale. If you can find me a pack, I'll gladly pay you cost plus 1000 pennies.
helgs
AG
DFW people (really, mid cities, folks):

Hall's on 121-Glade Road (near the Target) has pretty much any DFH made.
helgs
AG
quote:
I'm about to head back up to Russian River to get a few beers to bring home. My favorites from last night were:

army01
AG
Helgs...thanks. Heading there after work.
bonfirewillburn
AG
quote:
8x Damnation 23

quote:
I do have Damnation coming next month

Cough*
ill be in CS for the baylor game
cough*houston is a short drive cough* cough*

[This message has been edited by bonfirewillburn (edited 10/11/2011 11:21a).]
bonfirewillburn
AG
or any chance I could piggy back an order through your friend?

AG
quote:
Helgs...thanks. Heading there after work.

It's across from the deli inside (you'll understand when you get there). Kind of expensive. (ie a sixer of 60 minute is $11). But, it's the most reliable place to find DFH in the midcities.
aggiespartan
AG
http://cascadebrewingbarrelhouse.com/

going here for lunch tomorrow...hope to try a few different things.
reb,
AG
An ex of mine once signed me up for the beer of the month club as a birthday gift. It was awesome. There was one in particular, Tornado Red Ale, that I especially liked and have never seen it since. I can't even find how to order it, and it makes me sad.
army01
AG
Just left Hall's. Great selection, but no DFH Punkin Ale.
BSD
AG
quote:
ill be in CS for the baylor game
cough*houston is a short drive cough* cough*

Hell, if I was going to the game, I'd bring a few to tailgate with but I'm on baby detail that day so I'll be watching from home. I think we have plans that afternoon but don't worry, I'll have these for awhile. Only the Pliny's go down quickly in this house. So the next time you're in Houston, let me know...so you can move my wine fridge!

As far as shipments, I'll see what I can do but can't promise anything.
bonfirewillburn
AG
hey BSD, shoot me an email, por favor, its in my profile.

[This message has been edited by bonfirewillburn (edited 10/12/2011 12:15a).]
Mooch98
AG
Stone IPA has become my new standard beer of he night. Right there with DFH 60 and 90. Enjoying a few tonight.
62strat
AG
Pearl Jam Beer:

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=41&sid=2581735

BTW Pearl Jam 20, Cameron Crowe's documentary, was totally kick ass. It is on PBS on Oct. 21

[This message has been edited by 62strat (edited 10/12/2011 11:24a).]
aggiespartan
AG
Tried a few sour brews today. They were pretty good. I don't have that much experience with sour brews though.
BSD
AG
Spartan, have you been to Horse Brass or Belmont Station up there? I love those two places.
aggiespartan
AG
Not yet. They are on our list though. We just found out today that there is another beer festival here in December, so we will probably be going to that too.

We went to the Cascade brew house today. I had these:

Summer Gose: 5% ABV / $4.50 Teardrop
A traditional German, slightly sour, spiced summer wheat beer, this is our take on a twice lost and revived German beer style. It's light and golden with a slightly salty finish.

Nightfall
8% ABV / $5.50 Glass
Nightfall Blackberry starts as a soured blonde wheat beer aged for 12 months in oak barrels, then laid on blackberries for another six. It features intense fruitiness and a concentrated color and aroma.

Cascade Apricot
8.5% ABV / $5.50 Glass
Our Apricot has the intense aroma of Goldrich and Rival apricots, slow-ripened before being introduced to the beer. Based on a Belgian Tripel, this beer went through 16 months lactic fermentation and aging in French oak wine barrels, then rested on the fruit for four months before finishing.

And Red Eye Rye that I can't find on their page. hbc07 had Sour Brune, which they just tapped yesterday. They don't have a description for that either but it was much darker than any that I had. It was a raisiny-fruity dark sour ale.
BSD
AG
Spartan, if you get a chance, try the Rogue "Voodoo Doughnut Bacon Maple Ale" inspired by the famous Voodoo Doughnut there in Portland. They have it at the Rogue brewery and at Green Dragonizing, another cool bar there in Portland. I'm currently trying to source a few bottles so I'm interested in seeing how people feel about it.
aggiespartan
AG
I saw on their twitter or something that they had that on tap right now. We haven't been to Rogue in a couple of months though. I'll have to put that on the list of stuff to do before they run out. I don't think they regularly have that flavor. I know they didn't when we we were at the brew house near downtown. There is so much beer to try here.
evaeli5252
Try having Hayward’s 5000 beer from India; they market it with quotes “Tastes Manly”. And as they say it’s exactly not at all smooth, I tried it at an Indian friend’s place, who guzzles up Budweiser in no time.
jetch17
AG
picked up a couple at lunch since i didnt try it when it came out on the Divine release.

713nervy
AG
AHHHHHHH! My heart just exploded! SO JELLY.
jetch17
AG
i got an extra, if you make it to the Tine before i drink it ill give it to you
713nervy
AG
They aren't limited release, are they? just seasonal? And one might hope that they will wander up to Dallas..

Going to the brewery is one of the things that I miss the very most about living in Houston.
jetch17
AG
supposedly it was made in a larger volume and SHOULD be available for a bit, but the guys at Specs were holding it in the back and guarding them like it was a Divine release... im sure Dallas will get some.

pretty gay if you ask me.
713nervy
AG
SEEEEERIOUSLY? Ugh.
Americium
AG
I picked up 2 at HEB (limit) and 1 at Specs (limit) in CS. Website says it is the same as the Divine Reserve No. 9: Imperial Pumpkin Stout.

Divine 9:
http://www.saintarnold.com/beers/divine_9.html

jetch17
AG
It is the same Divine re-released, and will now be a seasonal release every year
DonaldFDraper
AG
First Raison D'etre tonight. Interesting beer.
TxKng82
AG
I enjoyed Raison d' etre...had the DFH Burton Baton today for the first time and it was very good.
713nervy
AG
Two delicious beerses
First Page Last Page
Page 5 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.