Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,673,739 Views | 62644 Replies | Last: 33 min ago by Quincey P. Morris
txaggie05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got a promotion today.

[This message has been edited by txaggie05 (edited 8/5/2014 8:43p).]
txaggie05
AG
Round 2

steve00
AG
Killing it.

Congratulations on the promotion.
Scriffer
AG
quote:
quote:
Man, what a night. Collectively, we all put down some damn good beer.

http://forums.texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=1930360&page=355&forum_id=67

Which reminds me... anyone got a Temptation (or 15) for trade?

I might be able to help you out. Where are you located?
BSD
AG
quote:
Got a promotion today.
La Fours
AG
quote:
Man I wish I kept my Stoic. I had it back in, oh around 2011-2012.. I was still in tx so that's the only way I remember.

Would be cool to do that side by side with not the stoic. Are they gonna release stoic again ever?

I'm guessing they will in another year or two like they do The Dissident. And I am excited that they are releasing it next month I think.

[This message has been edited by la fours (edited 8/5/2014 10:21p).]
txaggie05
AG
Thanks. Nightcap:

La Fours
AG
quote:
Got a promotion today.

[This message has been edited by txaggie05 (edited 8/5/2014 8:43p).]

Congrats.
jah003
S
quote:
quote:
quote:
Man, what a night. Collectively, we all put down some damn good beer.

http://forums.texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=1930360&page=355&forum_id=67

Which reminds me... anyone got a Temptation (or 15) for trade?

I might be able to help you out. Where are you located?

I'm in Austin... I'd certainly be willing to pay for shipping if need be, though.
Scriffer
AG
Email me at b russell 0 five @ geemail

I'll be in the Austin area in a couple weeks, so maybe we can work something out
AgEng06
AG
jah, let me know if the deal with Scriffer falls through. We might be able to work something out. I'm in Austin as well.
corndog04
AG
quote:
I'm guessing they will in another year or two like they do The Dissident. And I am excited that they are releasing it next month I think.

Dissident goes annual starting this year! As far as I know Stoic/Not the Stoic will stay on an every other year cycle.

Slightly related - stumbled on a 2010 Dissident this weekend while organizing my beer closet. I had completely forgotten about it. This will prob be our celebration beer once the baby comes in January as it is by far my wife's favorite.
jah003
S
quote:
jah, let me know if the deal with Scriffer falls through. We might be able to work something out. I'm in Austin as well.

I'll always take another Temptation if I can get one. I'm dead serious on trying to accumulate 15. Shoot me an email (in my profile) if you've got one to spare.
docaggie
AG
I liked the Not the Stoic, though like others I really didn't get the barrel flavors from it - though my palate is far more naive than the others'.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Jock 07
AG
Just a friendly reminder, tomorrow is national IPA day
Jock 07
AG
CollinAB
AG
Just got my tuition rebate back, so I'm gonna try to find me some good stuff tomorrow.
NColoradoAG
Crushing a 32oz growler of Barrel Aged Wake n Bake because ..... Wednesday.

La Fours
AG
quote:

How was it?

[This message has been edited by la fours (edited 8/6/2014 9:40p).]
La Fours
AG
So Army01 is a badass. We had messaged about meeting up for a beer and maybe him grabbing a bottle for me that I can't find here. Well this dude shows up with this.

A LoF Kreik, a BA Temptress and a couple regular Temptresses as well. Thank you so much. I'm going to find a way to get you back.
NColoradoAG
quote:
So Army01 is a badass. We had messaged about meeting up for a beer and maybe him grabbing a bottle for me that I can't find here. Well this dude shows up with this.

A LoF Kreik, a BA Temptress and a couple regular Temptresses as well. Thank you so much. I'm going to find a way to get you back.

Beer karma upgrade unlocked
La Fours
AG
Yeah. He definitely has some beer karma coming back his way for this.
AgEng06
AG
My RRBC shipment arrives today. I can't wait...

Pics to follow later, and if I can get the Pliny chilled in time, I'll have one tonight for IPA Day.
Two Down
AG
^^^^ What he said.
dave99ag
AG
Happy IPA Day!
AgEng06
AG
quote:
^^^^ What he said.

You're welcome
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:

How was it?

[This message has been edited by la fours (edited 8/6/2014 9:40p).]

Still a bit new to Gose but of the few I've had I like this one enough that I'll probably go ahead and grab another bottle or 2
Jock 07
AG
Also, I have a request for any of the Denver folks. If y'all get a heads up on some Cantillon can y'all let me know so I can call coaltrain to see if they're getting any of it here in the springs?
Thanks and Gig Em

[This message has been edited by Jock 07 (edited 8/7/2014 12:06p).]
NColoradoAG
quote:
Also, I have a request for any of the Denver folks. If y'all get a heads up on some Cantillon can y'all let me know so I can call coaltrain to see if they're getting any of it here in the springs?
Thanks and Gig Em

It's been coming around about every six months. I wouldn't be surprised if some dropped around GABF.

That being said, you're better off just ordering bulk from one of the online shops. It's really hard these days to get any of the rarer stuff because the shop owners keep it to themselves or sell to their very best customers. I think about 10, twelve bottle cases of Fou Foune and even less Hommage came around in February. A few friends were hooked up by shop owners, a couple places put it up on Facebook and sold out instantly, and all the FoCo shops kept it for themselves. I think a total of 12 bottles made it up North, lol. The stuff like classic gueuze and kriek is easier to get, but it's also the same price to order dozens of bottles online.

I make an order once or twice a year. Sometime with a group, sometimes by myself. I'll be making my next one when Fou Foune drops, which is usually sometime October-December.

Also, the Zwanze Day locations haven't been released yet, but I'm sure Crooked Stave will be a host site. It's the same day as the SMU game, though. Go to that and you'll get to try plenty of different 'loons. Last year they had Fou Foune, Saint Lamvinus, and Lou Pepe Gueuze along with Zwanze 2013.
AgEng06
AG
IT HAS ARRIVED...

4x Pliny
1x Blind Pig
1x Redemption
3x Consecration
4x Supplication
2x Sanctification
2x Temptation
1x Damnation
1x Cascade Kriek
1x Cascade Noyaux
1x Cascade The Vine
1x Almanac Dark Pumpkin Sour
1x Almanac Farmer's Reserve Citrus
1x Almanac Cerise Sour Blond

Scriffer
AG
GAWLDANG
SecoKid
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
All those beers suck. Sorry to be the one to tell you.
maca1028
quote:
IT HAS ARRIVED...

4x Pliny
1x Blind Pig
1x Redemption
3x Consecration
4x Supplication
2x Sanctification
2x Temptation
1x Damnation
1x Cascade Kriek
1x Cascade Noyaux
1x Cascade The Vine
1x Almanac Dark Pumpkin Sour
1x Almanac Farmer's Reserve Citrus
1x Almanac Cerise Sour Blond

Nice!!
AggieOO
I'm too afraid of hot temps to do any shipping right now.
First Page Last Page
Page 493 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.