Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,676,150 Views | 62647 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by maca1028
army01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
To each his own. I've been pretty happy with my first two from beer camp - the Hoppy Pils and the Electric Ray. If the others are like this , I'd say it was a success.

Still have yet to see Not the Stoic in DFW...hoping for this week.
La Fours
AG
Army, we just not the stoic here in BCS this weekend. It should still be on the shelf at my HEB when you come down in a month. We still have mirror mirror on the shelf.
La Fours
AG
I'll also grab a couple this week and hold one for you if they are gone from the shelves by the time you get here.

[This message has been edited by la fours (edited 7/21/2014 8:33a).]
WorkBoots09
AG
I've only had the 3F Pale so far and I have to agree, I was hoping for more. I know it says it's just a standard Pale Ale, but with the 3Floyds name, I guess I wanted more out of it. All in all, I kinda knew going in it wasn't going to be 12 of the best beers I've ever tried so I don't think I'll feel like I wasted money. My main goal in my beer tasting hobby is to try as many as I possibly can, and if I find a few that I love and can get readily, score.
army01
AG
quote:
I'll also grab a couple this week and hold one for you if they are gone from the shelves by the time you get here.

Thanks!
Two Down
AG
HNIC - I got you covered if you are still interested.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG

[This message has been edited by Head Ninja In Charge (edited 7/21/2014 7:35p).]
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Is anything from Pikes Peak Brewing worth picking up?

Not really

NColorado, I'm a bit jealous of of the Le Terrior. I'm gonna have to stock up on em this year.
One of the dudes at the clips of faith deal the other night said they almost brought it with them but it fell through.

[This message has been edited by Jock 07 (edited 7/21/2014 11:16a).]
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Had a Beer Geek Brunch Weasel last night. Not bad for a beer made out of poop.
corndog04
AG
Itinerary for this week. Can't freakin wait!

Wednesday: Oregon Brewer's festival. Late dinner and night cap at Deschute's Portland pub (they usually pull out some special stuff during OBF week). Stumble to hotel.
Thursday: OBF continued, dinner somewhere I won't be able to remember, and pass out while my wife DD's us home
Friday: Columbia River Gorge.. Full Sail, pFriem, Double Mountain, and Logsdon (finally!)
Friday night: Texas night - whatever special stuff my buddy manages to fit in his suitcase for the flight up
Saturday: Either hangover day, or if we are up to going down to Bend, OR (original Deschutes, 10 Barrell Brewing, Crux, Boneyard, a few more if we have energy)
Sunday: Breakside brewing club member party
La Fours
AG
quote:
Itinerary for this week. Can't freakin wait!

Wednesday: Oregon Brewer's festival. Late dinner and night cap at Deschute's Portland pub (they usually pull out some special stuff during OBF week). Stumble to hotel.
Thursday: OBF continued, dinner somewhere I won't be able to remember, and pass out while my wife DD's us home
Friday: Columbia River Gorge.. Full Sail, pFriem, Double Mountain, and Logsdon (finally!)
Friday night: Texas night - whatever special stuff my buddy manages to fit in his suitcase for the flight up
Saturday: Either hangover day, or if we are up to going down to Bend, OR (original Deschutes, 10 Barrell Brewing, Crux, Boneyard, a few more if we have energy)
Sunday: Breakside brewing club member party

Sounds pretty awesome.
dave99ag
AG
quote:

Don't pass up Bend! Wife and I did a beercation there over Spring Break and hit a good 10 breweries there. Such a fun town.
La Fours
AG
What are y'alls thoughts on this list?

http://www.seriouseats.com/2014/07/best-beers-must-drink-bucket-list-cicerone-picks.html
corndog04
AG
My wife and I usually go once or twice a year, but my friend hasn't been. I may wait until the Bend beer festival in August before heading back down
La Fours
AG
Jock, are you still coming to town this week? Or is it next week?
Jock 07
AG
I'll be passing through on Fri but unfortunately Pliny doesn't hit til this Thurs there
La Fours
AG
Cool. Shoot me an email later this week if you will have time to grab meal and a beer.
AgEng06
AG
JESTER.KING.IS.KILLING.ME.

http://jesterkingbrewery.com/introducing-jester-king-snoerkel
La Fours
AG
I just saw that as well and came over here to post the link. The mushrooms are an interesting addition. I wonder how similar to a gose it will be.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Good lord.

BSD
AG
Tripping balls on shroom beer...yes!!!!!!!!
Icecream_Ag
S
We did it up right at the pre-party for my sisters wedding this weekend. Frio Light for everyone.

If you've never had Frio Light, imagine drinking recycled pearl at rodeo cold and you may be half way to how awesomely bad this "beer" is. The $13 for a 30 pack should have been the first clue to the poor souls that purchased the "beer".
Two Down
AG
I have to say, I have zero interest in a beer made with oyster mushrooms. So I am appreciative they didn't release something I'd like.
La Fours
AG
quote:
I have to say, I have zero interest in a beer made with oyster mushrooms. So I am appreciative they didn't release something I'd like.

The beer sounds interesting, but isn't one that I'm dying to try. Kind of like that beer de miel. Maybe with the second batch being partially distributed, I can get a bottle to try.
dave99ag
AG
Going to enjoy an Odell beer pairing at Blackwater Draw tonight.
corndog04
AG
I had a savory stout from a local brewery a couple of months back that included seaweed and mushrooms. Wasn't atrocious.
MW03
AG
Okay, my Electric Ray is pretty tasty...
Ags #1
AG
Drinking a black crack. It's solid but not my favorite bba.
La Fours
AG
I've taken down a velvet merkin and a parabola tonight.
62strat
AG
Came across this on the shelf yesterday.

Found out once I got it home that it's from May 2012. Looks like stoic and dissident blended and aged in about every barrel possible. I guess I can open it anytime since the beer store already aged it 2 years for me
jah003
S
It's Tuesday... Party hard...

(It's photobucket... I'm sorry)
txaggie05
AG
quote:

Someone's going to sleep like a baby. I never had them side by side, but in my mind Parabola > Velvet Merkin, no?
army01
AG
quote:
quote:

Someone's going to sleep like a baby. I never had them side by side, but in my mind Parabola > Velvet Merkin, no?

I thought Merkin was smoother. That being said, La Fours swinging a big d tonight!
maca1028
quote:

txaggie05
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I thought Merkin was smoother. That being said, La Fours swinging a big d tonight!

I think that was why I preferred Parabola. Velvet Merkin was too smooth for me. I like a lot of punch in my BBA stouts. Either way, La Fours is a boss.
First Page Last Page
Page 485 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.