Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,665,128 Views | 62636 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by maca1028
corndog04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
62-

Great beer. I've got a couple from that year cellaring.

In addition to the stoic and dissident, also has 2 other great beers in hair of the dog Fred and Adam.
SecoKid
AG
quote:
Drinking a black crack. It's solid but not my favorite bba.

I was pretty disappointed in this one. I'm not sure if it was because of the lower abv and final gravity of this compared to other BA stouts, but the flavors were weak and it just tasted really watery to me.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
I don't mind BA stouts that pack less punch (Merkin, Black Crack). My favorite beer is probably BCBS, but it's nice to drink a BA oatmeal stout or something lighter to switch it up but still maintain a similar taste profile.
La Fours
AG
I'm paying for it today.

They are both so awesome. I think I have to give the nod to Parabola. But Merkin is so smooth. I think I like Parabola more because I noticed the bourbon more.
La Fours
AG
quote:
It's Tuesday... Party hard...

(It's photobucket... I'm sorry)

How was the Real Ale Gose?
jah003
S
quote:
How was the Real Ale Gose?

I enjoyed it... I've heard comparisons to Bud Light Lime (and I guess I could see why). However, this beer is obviously way more complex. A lot of lime, salt, little spice, and a wheat like finish. It's a great "sit by the pool" or "sit at the beach" beer. I'll probably buy another 6 pack... It's certainly not Westbrook Gose (and I don't really think it claims to be). It's an entirely different type of Gose.
FlyFish95
Had this the other day and really liked it

WorkBoots09
AG
Speaking of Gose, Martin House just released a Gose called Salty Lady that was very refreshing at the brewery last weekend. My wife liked it so much she got it twice! Most likely, DFW will be the only place you can find it, but it's definitely worth a try if you run across it.
aggiechris06
AG
Just bought two tickets to BuffBrew Christmas in July Friday. Anybody else headed there??
cc10106
quote:
They are both so awesome. I think I have to give the nod to Parabola. But Merkin is so smooth. I think I like Parabola more because I noticed the bourbon more.

I was a little surprised how smooth Merkin was and wanted to try Parabola as a comparison, but no dice. Gotta step up my game next time around. I did get to share another Merkin at Revolution in Bryan though, so that was a nice consolation.

That last sentence sounds awful, but i'll leave it.
62strat
AG
Man the Sierra Nevada beer camp beer festival is this Saturday in denver.... Can't go cause I'll be in breck at the breck beer fest!!!
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Bishop's Barrel 7 on Monday.
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:

I was a little surprised how smooth Merkin was and wanted to try Parabola as a comparison, but no dice. Gotta step up my game next time around. I did get to share another Merkin at Revolution in Bryan though, so that was a nice consolation.

That last sentence sounds awful, but i'll leave it.

Sharing merkins will get you crabs.
NColoradoAG
quote:
Man the Sierra Nevada beer camp beer festival is this Saturday in denver.... Can't go cause I'll be in breck at the breck beer fest!!!

Actually it's Friday. Don't know if that changes anything
62strat
AG
Oh yeh.. either way leaving friday at lunch.
Corndog.. I was wondering.. I thought those were the brewers' names.. but I was thinking, what kind of collab is this if both beers are deschutes!

[This message has been edited by 62strat (edited 7/23/2014 9:57p).]
MW03
AG
Had the Altbier from the beer camp tonight. Not a fan.
maca1028
Any suggestions on the best way to ship multiple 6pks
The Beer and I
quote:

I suggest you ship them to me.
NColoradoAG
I've shipped 12, 12oz bottles in a 14x14 box without any worries. You could maybe fit 18 in a 16x16. I only ship upright though. You can usually fit more bottles shipping horizontally. Naylor Wine Packaging also makes a nice 24 bottle shipper. I use those to mail the 375 mL crooked stave bottles.
Saggitariutt Jefferspin
BB7-Lager, aged with cherries in red wine barrels. Meh...

maca1028
quote:
quote:

It's nothing special just sending a friend some Karbach, but hey free beer is free beer
The Beer and I
quote:
quote:
quote:

It's nothing special just sending a friend some Karbach, but hey free beer is free beer

If there's one thing I don't discriminate against it's free beer.

Oh yeah, and fat girls. Especially after drinking free beer.
Bmac04
AG
Had the bright idea to split these with only 1 other person yesterday. I sure am paying for it today.

NColoradoAG
quote:
Had the bright idea to split these with only 1 other person yesterday. I sure am paying for it today.

[This message has been edited by ncoloradoag (edited 7/24/2014 2:09p).]
aggiechris06
AG
Actually some of the links online are wrong. BB7 is a BBA Imperial Stout
Saggitariutt Jefferspin
Just saw the tweet. BB7 is a Imperial Stout aged 11 months in Woodford Reserve barrels.

Bmac04
AG
Anyone have an extra bottle or two ofJester King Detritivore for trade?
Kyle98
AG
Nothing too exciting, but got these in a trade with a buddy in Cincinnati in exchange for some Deep Ellum stuff:
62strat
AG
oh man... in this week's shipment at my go to beer store. Is it really already that time?!?!?

I JUST got hot here like 2 weeks ago.

La Fours
AG
Tower Point heb got beer camp and real ale Gose today.
wessimo
AG
Next round of beer camp reviews:

Alt road - OK. Kind of a boring style.
Hoppy Pils - Good. Hans' Pils is a little better.
ESB - good, but again not that exciting.
La Fours
AG
quote:
oh man... in this week's shipment at my go to beer store. Is it really already that time?!?!?

I JUST got hot here like 2 weeks ago.

Lol. At least it's a lager. So it's kind of a warm weather beer. But yeah. That's early.
La Fours
AG
quote:
62-

Great beer. I've got a couple from that year cellaring.

In addition to the stoic and dissident, also has 2 other great beers in hair of the dog Fred and Adam.

I'll be interested in your review when you do drink it 62. Early reviews were mixed, if not a little underwhelming.
Jock 07
AG
Pretty good, but pours a little flat, not sure if that's how it's supposed to be. No CO2 released when I popped the cap

[This message has been edited by Jock 07 (edited 7/24/2014 7:54p).]
Jock 07
AG
Also, swung by shiner today. I know I know, but I've wanted to check out the oldest brewery in Texas for a while. Sure enough, right before the tour everyone was evacuated due to the builders cutting a gas line which subsequently caught fire. Never made it on the tour.
First Page Last Page
Page 486 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.