Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,677,558 Views | 62651 Replies | Last: 17 min ago by Jock 07
Ags #1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And D&q just got a few cases of boxers revenge
La Fours
AG
quote:
What does that mean?

ISO means in search of and FT means for trade.

That link was posted by a guy wanting a 3 liter bottle of Russian River Beatification. He offered up a keg of bcbs and a bottle of pappy van winkle 23 year.
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:
I saw that. Those *******s.

Does this kind of ISO:FT happen very often?

http://www.talkbeer.com/community/threads/iso-beat-3l-ft-bcbs-sixtel-pvw-23-yr.8711/

WTF. Like 4rill WTF.

Exactly
jah003
S
quote:
Who wants to grab me a couple of bottles of RU55 and Boxer's Revenge this weekend?

I can probably make it happen. I'll be out there for my birthday Saturday. Shoot me an email when you get a chance (in my profile).
Hub05
AG
The 3L Beats offers have been entertaining to watch. However nothing compares to the crazy offers when HotD recently sold 12 bottles of Dave for a whopping $2,0000 each.
La Fours
AG
Holy crap. What's so special about HoTD Dave?
Ags #1
AG
Thanks for the clarification
Bock for Breakfast
AG
quote:

They only made it once, 20 years ago, and not very much. It sold for like $70 a bottle back then. It's a mega-alcoholic barley wine meant to age.
cc10106
Petrol still has 512 WBADPP. Also picked up some Boxer's Revenge from D & Q. Plenty in stock when I left an hour ago.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
KBS tapped at Cottonwood right now. Holla at your boy. We ouchea.
Jock 07
AG
Parabola has hit the shelves here this week
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
What city are your shelves located.
Jock 07
AG
Colorado Springs. Plus a second round of Sucaba and Double DBA
NColoradoAG
I'd give up a lot for a 3L Beatification. That trade doesn't seem that crazy since it'll be done in person. Dollar value means little when you're talking about one offs like a 3L of the recent batch of beat.

I've had the pleasure of a pour from a 3L supplication. They are a crazy ass format. Great for aging beer. RR has also done 6L's before.

[This message has been edited by ncoloradoag (edited 4/9/2014 6:04p).]
NColoradoAG
quote:

It is ice distilled Adam, which is their old ale. They only made it once back in the day. It currently occupies the #2 spot on the white whale list.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AoCG0QHKRxCEdHRwVlFlOHpfZ1AxREtpODl4eklUa3c&single=true&gid=0&output=html
cpscAG06
AG
happy b-day jah
Hub05
AG
I have heard the same thing about large format bottles. Is there science/rationale behind why they age better? Slower decline in taste or different development of tastes?
maca1028
A 3L BEAT?!?! Hell, I'm having a hard enough time getting one 375ml beat. I should've been more patient before I let my MvB and CdT go.
NColoradoAG
Larger volume allows for a slower and more uniform aging, plus a lower percentage of the beer is exposed to any oxygen in the headspace.
jah003
S
quote:
Larger volume allows for a slower and more uniform aging, plus a lower percentage of the beer is exposed to any oxygen in the headspace.

[This message has been edited by jah003 (edited 4/9/2014 7:29p).]
Jock 07
AG
quote:
85 New Belgium Falling Rock La Folie 81.76923077

Cool, I've had one on that list. It was a blend iirc.
Ranger222
AG
Curious what a 3L bottle looked like

[This message has been edited by Ranger222 (edited 4/9/2014 8:08p).]
La Fours
AG
I have into my beer guilty pleasure. Picked up a sixer of Ruby Redbird. I <3 this beer so much.
Jock 07
AG
How rare is beatification? I've seen all the other sours here but never beatification.
NColoradoAG
Beatification is brewery only. Not super rare. The last two batches have been 12000 bottles.
jh0400
AG
quote:
Parabola has hit the shelves here this week

I saw those on the shelf at Whole Foods in Napa while in search of Temptation.
jah003
S
quote:
happy b-day jah

Thanks man. Actual birthday is on Sunday, but I'll be celebrating at JK on Saturday. Kind of hoping it rains so some of the neck beards are scared off... Should be a decent amount of us there. If anyone in this thread finds themselves in Austin Saturday you are more than welcome to join.
BSD
AG
quote:

Temptation is rarer than Beat lately.
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:
Who wants to grab me a couple of bottles of RU55 and Boxer's Revenge this weekend?

I can probably make it happen. I'll be out there for my birthday Saturday. Shoot me an email when you get a chance (in my profile).

Awesome. I'll shoot you an email.
jh0400
AG
quote:
quote:

Temptation is rarer than Beat lately.

That sucks, bc it's the one my wife really wanted to try. I guess that means more Supplication for me.
AggieOO
enjoy JK guys. we're riding the MS150, otherwise I'd be out there to pick up more beer to trade.

i really wish JK was a quicker drive from North Austin, but then I guess I'd be out there all the time...and I'm already having a tough enough time cutting back my beer drinking.
62strat
AG
quote:
plus a lower percentage of the beer is exposed to any oxygen in the headspace.

Not necessarily applicable. A beer carbonated in the bottle will not only pressurize the beer, but also create a blanket of CO2 between the beer and oxygen, since C02 is heavier than air.

Many craft beers are naturally carbonated in the bottle, so this is a non-issue.
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:
plus a lower percentage of the beer is exposed to any oxygen in the headspace.

Not necessarily applicable. A beer carbonated in the bottle will not only pressurize the beer, but also create a blanket of CO2 between the beer and oxygen, since C02 is heavier than air.

Many craft beers are naturally carbonated in the bottle, so this is a non-issue.

This is true, but when considering long term aging in this case oxygen will always be a factor.
aggiejz
AG
Okay.. Here's my effort at a spreadsheet of San Francisco (and surrounding areas) breweries. Any that I'm missing??

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Av5YpINnXeOJdC1ZVkVSYU85TzRISTRYOTkwbGdpNUE&usp=sharing
Jock 07
AG
And just like that parabola is gone from all the shelves here. But I was able to restock up on Pliny.

[This message has been edited by Jock 07 (edited 4/10/2014 1:46p).]
First Page Last Page
Page 427 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.