Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,568,118 Views | 62488 Replies | Last: 18 min ago by hbc07
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Gabbed this also while I was out. Figured it looked interesting

62strat
AG
the store by me only got 6 bottles of parabola.
62strat
AG
that mirror mirror is excellent.
Quantum ace
AG
If I have never tried anything from Jester King, what are some selections from their regular lineup I should try first?
Jock 07
AG
Don't know if it's regular or not but boxers revenge is my favorite from the limited experience I've had with them.

So sure as ****, my local liquor store that's only bout 5 miles down the road that I go to for stuff like mercenary had probably about 10 or so bottles of parabola. So it turned out to be a pretty productive afternoon
jah003
S
quote:
If I have never tried anything from Jester King, what are some selections from their regular lineup I should try first?

You wanting sour? Nothing sour is really in their "regular lineup". Noble King, Mad Meg, Commercial Suicide, etc. are all in their regular lineup. These beers will have the farmhouse yeast and some noticeable funk, but won't be sour.

If you're going for sours... Everything. RU55, Boxers Revenge, Atrial, Funk Metal, and 'Ol Oi are some of my favorites. None of these are easy to come by, but should be somewhat accessible with flood distribution. The more limited fruit sours will always be brewery only.
DallasAggie2012
AG
If you guys were gonna choose between either Myrcenary or Lugene to pick up now, what would you choose? Not sure if buying both is a viable option this week but at least wanna pick up one. And is Clown Shoes Space Cakes worth the hype?
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Myrcenary.
Echoes97
AG
Myrcenary, and Space Cake IMO is awesome. Some may disagree but I love Mosaic hops and they're fantastic in that brew. It's not too expensive or hard to find so try it out!

Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
turfman80
AG
Just in time for the BBQ Birthday Masters Watching Beer Bash this weekend.....

[This message has been edited by turfman80 (edited 4/10/2014 5:33p).]
Two Down
AG
JH - where you located? I may have a couple Temptations at home I could part with.
jh0400
AG
quote:
JH - where you located? I may have a couple Temptations at home I could part with.

I'm in Houston.
The Beer and I
Lugene is really good, but Myrecenary is just on another level. And I popped open a Space Cake tonight, it's very good, especially for $6.
La Fours
AG
quote:
Lugene is really good, but Myrecenary is just on another level. And I popped open a Space Cake tonight, it's very good, especially for $6.

This. All of this.
BSD
AG
quote:
Just in time for the BBQ Birthday Masters Watching Beer Bash this weekend.....

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m603/turfy21/IMG_2668.jpg[/IMG]

Nice! That sounds like a damn good weekend. Enjoy!
DallasAggie2012
AG
Thanks guys! Can always count on y'all for solid beer opinions. Picking up some myrcenary and space cakes right away!
62strat
AG
Lugene and mercenary are as far apart on the beer scale as possible. There are tons of double IPAs, not many milk chocolate stouts.

I'd go with Lugene
jh0400
AG
RRBC to-go beers

Jason_Ag98
AG
Uinta Dubhe tonight - pretty damn good.
La Fours
AG
Oh I got to experience my first case of deceit with regards to a beer release this week. On Tuesday I went by the Holleman HEB to see if I could score a KBS. The guys there told me "No, we didn't get any, and I would know." Figuring they were honest, I left. Went back today at lunch to try again since they get their shipments on Tuesday/Thursdays. The BEK guy was there and I asked him about KBS and he told me they had them on Tuesday.
La Fours
AG
quote:
Gabbed this also while I was out. Figured it looked interesting

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o251/texaggie2007/Mobile%20Uploads/F01279F4-9AD6-4F86-AACE-B59D4410BD32_zpsrtabqdar.jpg

Want!!!
turfman80
AG
One possible explanation for both Hollemann and Tower Point HEB's not releasing the KBS yet is that both Beer Wine managers have been out until today.
Falcon85
AG
Has anyone seen any KBS around the Cypress/290 area?
aggielax48
AG
Picked up a Green Flash Black IPA and Saint Arnold Boiler Room. Anybody had either?
Kyle98
AG
I enjoyed the Boiler Room. Had a sample at the Big Texas Beer Fest last weekend.
The Beer and I
D & Q has a **** ton of RU-55 and Boxers Revenge.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
DR13 too randomly.
aggiejz
AG
Anyone else doing the Southern Star pub crawl in CS tomorrow?
The Beer and I
quote:
DR13 too randomly.

Yeah, who knows what that guy has in his fridge. My friend picked up some DR 10 off the shelf a few weeks ago.
La Fours
AG
quote:
One possible explanation for both Hollemann and Tower Point HEB's not releasing the KBS yet is that both Beer Wine managers have been out until today.

I knew that the TP manager was out until today and he told me last weekend that he was releasing his allotment today. But the way the BEK talked, was that Holleman heb had already sold their allotment.
dixie whiskey
AG
Anyone tried clown shoes billionaire? I just snagged one. Pricey, but its a barleywine aged in cognac barrels, I couldnt pass it up
maca1028
quote:

S**t! I hope they still do Monday!
The Beer and I
quote:
quote:

S**t! I hope they still do Monday!

They are open Saturday and Sunday if you can make it down here this weekend.

I opened my Parish Brewing Farmhouse IPA tonight and it's awesome. I highly recommend stopping by if you're on I-10 in Louisiana, it's about 10 minutes south of Lafayette.
cpscAG06
AG
Dixie,

Billionaire is a solid beer. I am drinking it right now. Worth the money I think.
Green Fairy
AG
Trying a Texian brew for the first time tonight with their First Stand. I'd say I prefer their saison over the Karbach version given the choice. I'd buy this again.
First Page Last Page
Page 428 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.