Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,679,176 Views | 62663 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Objective Aggie
DallasAggie2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How is the Montmorency vs. Balaton? I had a friend pick me up a bottle a weekend or two ago that I can't wait to pick up from him and try.
defroach

A little cigar city for march madness.
maca1028
Cheers BSD!
maca1028
A couple of porch bombs today

MW03
AG
Community Trinity Tripel tonight. Very good, but I love tripels.
The Beer and I
quote:
Community Trinity Tripel tonight. Very good, but I love tripels.

I'm usually not too big on Tripels, but I really liked the hoppiness of Community's.

I'm having a nice little Zombie Dust tonight courtesy of Maca. That is some tasty ****.
La Fours
AG
I'll be at JK tomorrow around 2pm. Can't wait.
AggieOO
La Fours - I'll be out there sunday. Looks like the weather will be super crappy for both days.
cc10106
The bro and i had a blast at JK last weekend. Highlights for me were trying Funk Metal and Atrial Rubicite each for the first time. Will definitely return soon and save room for food next time as well.

The Montmorency vs. Balaton was sweeter and less sour-y than everything else i had, but i still enjoyed it. Took home a bottle of La Vie En Rose, along with the two i reserved.
NColoradoAG
French pressing tonight. First up, Orange and vanilla bean bcbs. Pretty tasty.
Hub05
AG
I need more details on how you did the orange and vanilla french press
AggieOO
doing some homebrew tasting tonight.

My standard rosemary wheat vs rosemary wheat with saison yeast. the latter is damn good, but the former still wins out.

the tasting was inspired by a random message from a friend:

"The beer.... OMG THE BEER
I'm going to need more."
BSD
AG
quote:
How is the Montmorency vs. Balaton? I had a friend pick me up a bottle a weekend or two ago that I can't wait to pick up from him and try.

I really enjoyed it. It was a well made beer. I almost dumped the RU55 (had it before) to have another taste of M vs B but was in a rush so finished both.
MW03
AG
Whoa. Dallas' Four Corners launched today with "topless cans"

wessimo
AG
Hit up Avondale brewing in Birmingham AL. They don't distribute out of state but definitely worth a visit if you are in town. The mocha stout and peach saison were highlights.
The Beer and I
I've had a few of the coffee and vanilla noirs without any issues. The one I just opened was definitely not right. I had to dump it out and open a BOMB! to reassure myself of Prairie's awesomeness.
62strat
AG
Topless cans. Sounds like a good time.

But seriously, I don't get it. Is there a benefit?
Green Fairy
AG
Gawdam, this about turned into a Karbach v st Arnold's slap fight while I was away.
La Fours
AG
quote:
La Fours - I'll be out there sunday. Looks like the weather will be super crappy for both days.

Noooooo don't say that.
La Fours
AG
Enjoying a Clown Shoes Space Cake right now. This is damn good.
NColoradoAG
French pressed Uncle Jacobs with Intelligentsia Tres Santos Columbian. Mother. Of. God.

I can't wait until barrel aged tweak is bottled this year.
CollinAB
AG
That sounds pretty damn tasty.
NColoradoAG
quote:
I need more details on how you did the orange and vanilla french press

Pretty simple. I took half a navel orange and cut it into thin slices. Muddled it pretty good for about 30 seconds and then hit it with just a little bit of zest from the other half of the orange. Slice a vanilla bean down the middle to open it up. Scrape the seeds out if you want more vanilla flavor, don't scrape if you want it more mild. Your fingers will smell delicious nonetheless.

One of the keys to pressing is to use half the beer at first, steep, and then finish with fresh beer. I was pressing for a group so I used two bottles of BCBS. Gently pour in the first amount of beer and push the press down to the level of the liquid. After about five minutes, press it down 1/3 of the way. After another five, press it another 1/3. Then the all the way down after another 5-10. Gently lift the lid and/or press and pour in the fresh beer as gently as possible. Push the plunger back down and serve.

Carbonation is inevitably lost, but once you practice it gets better. Stouts and big beers are more forgiving, but IPAs pressed with fruit are tasty when you get the technique down.

Only steep for about 5-8 minutes if you do coffee because it can get pretty harsh. You also need to pour a coffee infused one all at once. The fruit ones get even better if they sit for second pours.

My favorite press is still blackberry and raspberry chocolate rain, but last nights BCBS orange creamsicle was pretty good.
Kyle98
AG
quote:
Enjoying a Clown Shoes Space Cake right now. This is damn good.

I enjoyed it, but thought it was overly boozy, even for a double IPA.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
I guess topless cans are about enjoying the smell as well? Doesn't really matter to me since I pour my beer into a glass 99.9% of the time, like a true beer snob should.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3015843/

[This message has been edited by Mbole11 (edited 3/22/2014 1:44p).]
La Fours
AG
quote:

Get here at noon and expect to stand in lines all damn day. What a ****show. This is ridiculous.
AggieOO
it was a total cluster last time i was out there. i'm almost hoping for crappy weather tomorrow so the crowd will be thinner.
jh0400
AG
quote:
quote:

Get here at noon and expect to stand in lines all damn day. What a ****show. This is ridiculous.

Got there at 2 pm, picked up my two beers plus a La Vie en Rose and left. That was ridiculous.
Echoes97
AG
Drinking a Clown Shoes "Luchador en Fuego" right now, and it's pretty damned good. It's their "Mexican Style Chocolate Stout" aged in bourbon barrels w/ spices and vanilla. I'm sure many will find it possibly too boozy, but I dig it. Not in the league of Prairie Bomb but not bad at all.

Growler's Montrose has it in bottles and on tap FYI. Pricey though @ $15 a bomber.

Anyone see Stone Enjoy by 4/20 in Houston yet?

Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net

[This message has been edited by Echoes97 (edited 3/22/2014 6:03p).]
Stoli7
picked up a case of blood and honey today.

great beer
MW03
AG
quote:
I guess topless cans are about enjoying the smell as well? Doesn't really matter to me since I pour my beer into a glass 99.9% of the time, like a true beer snob should.

I always drink out of a glass as well. Couldn't resit the gadgetry (shoot me, I'm a Sumlin fan) and picked up a sixer of the Block Party Porter. Really cool effect, and now I don't have to wash a glass. Good, smooth easy drinking dark porter, too. I could have a couple of these easy. Perfect concept for a tailgate too.
DaveHimself
AG
turfman80
AG
Nice! I'm starting the night off right, too!

Jock 07
AG
Damn I love this beer
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Is there a home brew thread where people share recipes?
First Page Last Page
Page 412 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.