Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,678,212 Views | 62653 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by SoTxAg
bthotugigem05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Never tried these Prairies yall keep talking about, found these at Central Market in Dallas.

txaggie05
AG
Good get, btho

I had a Coffee Noir tonight. Again, a little rust on the cap but beer is fine. Like it better than the vanilla
DallasAggie2012
AG
I really haven't tried a bad Prairie beer yet. The bottles tend to be a little pricey, but they're a good beer to drink on occasion.
maca1028
dave99ag
AG
Headed to Bend / Portland for the next few days for a beercation. Will be going on a beer bus tour of Deschutes, Crux and Boneyard. Hoping to hit all the Bend Beer Trail spots if we have time. Any suggested places to see and eat? Same goes for Portland, which we will be staying downtown for one night.
NColoradoAG
Top ones I can think of in Portland would be hair of the dog, cascade, upright, and commons.
jetch17
AG
if anyone is going to the Martin House Toadies release this weekend, ill pay you to pick me up one of these glasses. Also, are they bottling Rubberneck Red, or keg only?

Heard the brewtour + concert is sold out, anyone going in Ft.Worth?

jetch17
AG
answered my own question:

quote:
On draft March 17th. Cans on March 24th.

DallasAggie2012
AG
So excited about the Rubberneck Red release! I have to get my hands on one of those glasses. I know Craft & Growler in Dallas will be tapping it on March 18th and doing a keep the glass that night.
BSD
AG
I, too, must have this glass. Please.
bevokilla
AG
This thread has been dead this week.

Stone Go to IPA was released this week and I hope to pick some up as I love Stone IPAs.

The next batch of Enjoy By is bottling this weekend and Texas is getting some.
MW03
AG
Anyone had Lagunitas Cappuccino Stout?
CollinAB
AG
I've had it. Kinda like Breakfast Stout, but not quite as intensely coffee tasting. It's a really good value and I like it quite a bit.
DallasAggie2012
AG
I can't wait to get my hands on some more Stone Enjoy By. That stuff is truly delicious.

I got to taste some of the New Belgium/Cigar City Collaboration Ale this week, and I have to say I was pretty impressed. I didn't think it was going to be that great considering it was brewed with some chilies, but it was surprisingly refreshing with just a slight bit of heat on the back end. Worth a try if you find it on draft somewhere.
DonaldFDraper
AG
http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/cityofate/2014/03/peticolas_introduces_irish_goo.php
maca1028
Austin folks, is greenhouse still floating around?
aggiejz
AG
In that Peticolas link, it cut off at Irish Goo and I was about to comment that that would be a very strange name for a beer..

Oh, and it looks like I'll be going out to San Francisco for a conference at the end of April! Think I may just spend an entire day at Russian River..
Jock 07
AG
So there's a new bar here that just opened up called greenman. Pretty cool spot in an old church. They're gonna have 40 taps and will be the most taps in town. Was talking to the owner and he said they're gonna try and have Pliny on as a regular tap if possible which kind of surprised me. What are the chances he's able to get kegs of Pliny on a regular basis?
jah003
S
quote:
Austin folks, is greenhouse still floating around?

I'd highly doubt it... Central Market might be worth a look, but everywhere in my neck of the woods is out (Cedar Park).

Heavy Machinery is freakin' everywhere though...
Kashchei
AG
quote:
What are the chances he's able to get kegs of Pliny on a regular basis?

0.00%
Jock 07
AG
That's about what I figured but have never lived in a town that gets Pliny on tap.

Anyhow here's my pick up from today

maca1028
Thanks jah, heavy machinery is on my shopping list too.
DonaldFDraper
AG
Do y'all think Heavy Machinery will still be around at the beginning of April? I am heading down for a weekend and plan on picking some up. If it won't, I'll have a friend grab some for when I get down there.
Bmac04
AG
Science experiment for the day. As expected bourbon barrel was much better.

jah003
S
quote:
Do y'all think Heavy Machinery will still be around at the beginning of April? I am heading down for a weekend and plan on picking some up. If it won't, I'll have a friend grab some for when I get down there.

Ehh... It's dicey. The last batch sat around for about a month, but it was a Black IPA. I feel like the Double has a lot more "hype" around it. Still at least 10 cases hanging around at my local HEB right now. You could probably find it in early April, but it might turn into a scavenger hunt.
clobby
AG
Goose Island Bourbon Barrel Stout is on tap tonight at Craft and Growler.
NColoradoAG
Jock, Pliny is easy to get on tap here. It's a regular at many beer bars.
Jason_Ag98
AG
Stumbled onto a rare beer flight night at Whole Foods in Austin. I'm trying the stout flight of Goose Island Bourbon County Coffee Stout and Bourbon County Backyard Rye Stout, Avery Mephistopheles, and Brooklyn Black Ops.
NColoradoAG
I like to call that hitting the jackpot
Bmac04
AG
Jackpot for sure
Green Fairy
AG
quote:
Stumbled onto a rare beer flight night at Whole Foods in Austin. I'm trying the stout flight of Goose Island Bourbon County Coffee Stout and Bourbon County Backyard Rye Stout, Avery Mephistopheles, and Brooklyn Black Ops.
Jason_Ag98
AG
It was glorious!
The Beer and I
Went to Cigar City today. It's only been a few days since Hunapocalypse, but the brewery is still there. Very cool place with some really good beers on tap.
Hub05
AG
Did CCB still have the Guava Sour in the fridge?
The Beer and I
Yeah, they had quite a few. They didn't have any on tap, but I grabbed one anyways. Is it any good?
First Page Last Page
Page 405 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.