Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,673,823 Views | 62644 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Quincey P. Morris
maca1028
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wow! ****show indeed!
Robert C. Christian
AG
Enjoying an Imperial Texan. Really good
DaveHimself
AG
quote:
Damn, Bourbon County Coffee Stout is f'ing good.

THIS

I was expecting more coffee flavor, but man this is still a good beer.
danieljustin06
AG
I have had a lot to drink tonight... Lagunitas Sucks, Great Divide Wolfgang, Anderson Valley Brewing Wild Turkey Bourbon Stout, and 4x Southern Star Bomb Shell Blonde. Yes, heavy drinking night, but I haven't had one in a while. Also, I shouldn't have drank my way down. Not sure what I was thinking. Ohh yeah, bombshell blonde is good, but it is a go to beer for me. (BTW I had great difficulty typing this... I wish there was a drunk emoticon)
danieljustin06
AG
On a side note, who is on untappd? My username is danieljustin84.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
BSD
posted 7:10p, 03/08/14

****show indeed at Hunahpu Day...and I'm only on the first post on their Facebook!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtube_gdata_player&v=TUIS4-58o4U

**** that noise
NColoradoAG
Imgur upload

Edit, blurry pic. From left to right BCBCS '12, backyard rye, bourbon county vanilla, bramble rye, Cherry rye, bourbon county rare, King Henry, night stalker, bcbs '11-'13 & '8, Cantillon Kriek, Cantillon st Lamvinus, Cantillon rose, Cantillon Fou Foune, night shift ever Weiss, '13 duck duck Gooze, 2002 cork and caged la Folie, new Glarus raspberry tart, ru55, cascade blueberry, 3F Oude Kriek, Avery opuntia

[This message has been edited by NColoradoAG (edited 3/8/2014 10:54p).]
maca1028
army01
AG
Drinking a Clown Shoes Space Cake....**** me. Damn good DIPA.
NColoradoAG
http://dontdrinkbeer.com/2014/03/08/hunahpu-day-declared-most-successful-brewery-release-of-2014/
CollinAB
AG
I've had nothing worth noting. Sorry for clogging Untappd feeds with crap. That's what Midland does to you.
Hub05
AG
It was dicey there for a minute, but I survived Huna Day 2014.

Pardon my slight rant....
Everything was a logistical nightmare. I truly think CCB believed they had put together a great plan for the festival, which is what made everything so frustrating. 2 people checking tickets and 2 cashiers to sell 14k bottles? A sixtel of the most sought after CCB special tappings? Why would you start selling cases when they weren't even sure if they had enough bottles to cover their wristbands?

I was most upset with the fact CCB repeatedly told us not to show up early, rewarded those that ignored their pleas and punished those that listened. /rant

We made the most of it. I got an ounce of Morning Delight thanks to a buddy, got to taste a decent amount of random new beers, got my bottles of Huna, and enjoyed the afternoon laughing at the sh*t show.

The highlighr of the weekend was the postgame bottle share that included Fou Foune, St Lam, K13, Persica b1, JD Mex. Cake among others.

NColoradoAG
I still haven't decided if I care or not that they sold cases of DB Huna to the people who got there early. Seriously considering not renewing El Catador but will probably still cave in and pay $125 for mostly meh beer and one great beer.

Will question it more if they raise the price. Which won't surprise me since they're about to refund all 3,500 tickets.

[This message has been edited by NColoradoAG (edited 3/9/2014 3:36p).]
dave99ag
AG
Sunday brewday.
Hub05
AG
The DB Huna situation is baffling and I don't know how I feel about it either.

The whole membership was a bit disappointing and I think CCB knows this. They tried to get to creative instead of sticking to what people want from them. Then they went and released the only bottle members wanted on a whim with 6x the members limit. Lots of bad decisions this weekend.
BSD
AG
From what I read, it was 73 cases of DB Huna with a case per person. So just a ~73 people got it? That is some straight bull****. One per person should be the way to go on that. Or go the Three Floyd's route and have scratch offs. But that seems to be just a small detail of the epic **** up.

The real problem seemed to be the event itself. From what I read, the organizers of this event are freaking idiots, and that is being generous. It's time for them to outsource planning to people who have their heads at least half way out of their own asses.

Oh, they'd be idiots to raise the price on El Catador. There's enough bad PR from yesterday to last a decade. That don't need any more.

On a 73 person related note, we should have a DB Huna at the next bottle share in the fall!
Hub05
AG
quote:
Oh, they'd be idiots to raise the price on El Catador. There's enough bad PR from yesterday to last a decade. That don't need any more.

Then I expect the price to triple.
Ranger222
AG
It's pretty amazing to me they could have such an event staffed by volunteers promised a bottle and a t-shirt for working the event. I really would hate to say they skimped on the cost of running a proper event just to turn out as much profit as they could, but that is exactly what it looks like and is really bad business.
NColoradoAG
Confirmed that at least one person walked away with 3 cases of DB huna. Matt Chows cousin or something
txaggie05
DallasAggie2012
AG
That bottle sharing pic is stuff of legends NColo! What year was the best BCBS?
Ranger222
AG
Congrats Hub, you attended the last Hunahpu's Day. The beer will go into regular distribution now.

From Joseph Redner:

quote:
“I have always tried with these releases to balance fairness with the reality that some people will always try to get around your best efforts at fairness because they personally deserve more. This year they got WAY around my pitiful efforts.

I am acknowledging defeat. That was the last Hunahpu Day. The beer will go into distribution next year and hopefully spread out among many accounts it will get to consumers more fairly."

http://thefullpint.com/beer-news/exclusive-rip-hunahpus-day-will-go-distribution-next-year/
NColoradoAG
CCB

NColoradoAG
I was in the minority, but thought '08 was the best. I thought it was still drinking great. Others liked fresh or '11.

[This message has been edited by ncoloradoag (edited 3/10/2014 10:04a).]
Echoes97
AG
We had Sunday Brew Day also! Brewed up a brown ale for the Saint Arnold Big Batch competition. Went really well so we'll see how it goes.

We're lagering a Blood Orange Lager to turn in for Karbach's competition for turn in on 4/10.

Anyone done either of these competitions before? Just curious if you got any feedback or just a "we'll call you if you won" type thing.

Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
maca1028
Has anyone seen ABW Heavy Machinery around Houston?
txaggie05
AG
Cracked open a Vanilla Noir tonight. Noticed a little bit of rust around the outside of the cap and a small hole on the outer part from oxidation, but nothing on the inside. Pretty good brew...I don't like a ton of vanilla, so it's just the right amount for me.

[This message has been edited by txaggie05 (edited 3/10/2014 8:44p).]
rononeill
this thread is clearly tl;dr. trying a lefthand nitro sawtooth. very very nice. just saying. actually has the nitro texture you'd expect off a draft. /waitingtogetpwndbymissingsomethingintheprevious48372pages
Ags #1
AG
Vanilla noir on tap at growlers montrose now
cc10106
No problems with Vanilla Noir for me so far, but i can't the same for the Coffee Noir, which i prefer. Had two bad rounds with it so far, once at Petrol and the other a bottle purchased from HEB in CS.

On another note, i thoroughly enjoyed some Hophenge yesterday. Need to grab another bomber of that soon.

Jason_Ag98
AG
Left Hand Milk Stout Nitro tonight--this stuff goes down entirely too easily (TWSS).
DallasAggie2012
AG
Unfortunate that you had two bad rounds with the Coffee Noir. I preferred it over the Vanilla Noir. I guess I was lucky to get a good bottle of it. The coffee taste was there just noticeable enough on the palate to not be overbearing. I have been pretty impressed with most of the stuff I've tried from Prairie regardless of the fact that it costs an arm and a leg when I do find it.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Going to be in and out of town (Houston) for work for the next few weeks. If anyone scoops up an extra FSW Sucaba holla at your boy. Will pay (or trade) handsomely.
Ranger222
AG

[This message has been edited by Ranger222 (edited 3/11/2014 7:11p).]
Hub05
AG
Ranger, let me know if those are any good. I haven't decided if I want to spend the money on those because Huna day put a hurting on my wallet
First Page Last Page
Page 404 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.