Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,676,742 Views | 62649 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by steve00
jah003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Outside of being stuck in a hotel for 3 days... my trip to Chicago/WI was a success...

(There is some Furious kinda hiding in the bottom left corner)

Only had time to stop at a couple of breweries: Revolution & Titletown (in Green Bay). The Revolution brewpub was awesome... food was awesome as well. Every beer I had was great if not awesome. Titletown was more of just a gimmick for all the fans in for Packer games. Nothing really stood out as great.

Also had a chance to tear through a New Glarus variety 12 pack while surviving the great Polar Vortex Snowmaggedan of 2014.
Bmac04
AG
Nice haul!
MW03
AG
Drank my Southern Tier Chokolat. Tasted like I ate a bag of semi sweet chips. Delicious.
NColoradoAG
Dat Eugene
BSD
AG
Good haul. One of my friends is an investor at Revolution so I get a bottle every now and then. You're right too, its a fun brewpub with good food.

I do have to say that I'm a little disappointed that you didn't report any Kuma's meals.
La Fours
AG
Damn JAH. Nice.
army01
AG
How many bags did you take?!?!
BSD
AG
quote:

No kidding. I can imagine him at the baggage drop wearing multiple layers of dirty clothes he took up there on the trip just so there is room in the luggage for beer.
cpscAG06
AG
mmmm... good haul jah
jah003
S
quote:
Good haul. One of my friends is an investor at Revolution so I get a bottle every now and then. You're right too, its a fun brewpub with good food.

I do have to say that I'm a little disappointed that you didn't report any Kuma's meals.

I'm a little disappointed too... Outside of the beer I hauled back that whole trip was a big CF.
jah003
S
quote:

Flying southwest has it's perks... I packed all my clothes, beer shipping supplies, and another suitcase in one bag on the way up. I pretty much filled up both suitcases on the way back (big one was right at 50 lbs and small one was right at 40 lbs). I also had to stash the Eugene in my wife's suitcase.

There was too much delicious beer to pass up...
BSD
AG
Don't worry. I'm sure you'll be back. I'd suggest going for Dark Lord Day and being metal as ****.
Jock 07
AG
Today's haul from the liqour store

[This message has been edited by Jock 07 (edited 1/9/2014 3:14p).]
Jock 07
AG
And enjoying one of my Christmas gifts on this relatively warm colorado afternoon

[This message has been edited by Jock 07 (edited 1/9/2014 3:29p).]
jetch17
AG
NColoradoAG
Jock, what's the bottle date on that supplication? I want to make sure I don't miss a batch.
GigEmAgs14
AG
Rahr & Son's Beer of any kind are very good. Going to the brewery tour in Fort Worth for $10 is a lot of fun and good value also.
maca1028
Drinkin some good stuff tonight jock
maca1028
My pick for the night
txaggie05
AG
Same here. Christening my new FW Teku glasses with it.

CollinAB
AG
La Fours, I've got a four pack of Resin for you. Just got back into College Station today.
CollinAB
AG
Well holy ****. John brought back some Pliny the Elder from California. We'll be getting into that and some Prairie Noir tonight. Hot damn.
Jock 07
AG
21 Oct called up my go to spot for Pliny which they were out of, but had the supplication stashed away.
On a not completely unrelated note, quick poll, what's everyone's favorite RRBC sour? Of the ones I've had I'd have to say I like the consecration the best.
BSD
AG
quote:
Well holy ****. John brought back some Pliny the Elder from California. We'll be getting into that and some Prairie Noir tonight. Hot damn.

Booyah!!!!
BSD
AG
quote:

On a not completely unrelated note, quick poll, what's everyone's favorite RRBC sour? Of the ones I've had I'd have to say I like the consecration the best.

Supplication for me, followed by Temptation, Consecration and then Sanctification. In fact, Supplication is one of my favorite beers period.

I assume beat and t25 are excluded from this since they aren't part of the regular lineup.
Sooner Born
Agree on the supplication.
CollinAB
AG
Forgot to mention the Pliny was bottled barely over a week ago.
NColoradoAG
Thanks maca!

maca1028
Yessir!
Bmac04
AG
quote:
On a not completely unrelated note, quick poll, what's everyone's favorite RRBC sour?

Temptation, Consecration, Supplication, Sanctification
bevokilla
AG
Picked up two Prairie Noirs at Whole Foods in Houston last night. Pretty pumped to try it this weekend after I missed out on Bomb
jh0400
AG
quote:
Picked up two Prairie Noirs at Whole Foods in Houston last night. Pretty pumped to try it this weekend after I missed out on Bomb

West Alabama, Bellaire, Sugar Land? Any more left?

[This message has been edited by jh0400 (edited 1/10/2014 10:13a).]
bevokilla
AG
West Alabama. Right after I grabbed two, the beer guy came by and grabbed the other 4 and took them to the back
AlaskanAg99
AG
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Supplication for me, followed by Temptation, Consecration and then Sanctification. In fact, Supplication is one of my favorite beers period.

I assume beat and t25 are excluded from this since they aren't part of the regular lineup.

Supplication, Consecration, Temptation, Santification.

T25 this year was surprisingly mellow where's Beatification was teeth melting. Had a pour from friends who were there for the tapping and they said the bottles paled in comparision to draft. At that point I don't think I could have drank it.

Still waiting on Procrastination.
BSD
AG
you're a complete ****ing tool. eat a dick.
First Page Last Page
Page 360 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.