Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,678,407 Views | 62654 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by swampstander
MW03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
anyone had the Southern Tier "Choklat" yet? Saw it today at Whole Foods but stupidly didn't pull the trigger.

MW03
AG
Whoa. 95 on BeerAdvocate and 100 on RateBeer. Guess I'm going back over there.
dave99ag
AG
Opened Prairie Bomb this evening and it's damn good. Dropped off homemade cookies for our beer guy. He handed me a bottle of Merkin. Trying to decide if I should she it.
bevokilla
AG
Drinking my first fra gee lay. Solid meh. Better than almost everything made by St. A's but not as good as regular Yule Shoot Your Eye Out.
Tressels Vest
AG
Drinking some Samuel Adams Winter Lager right now, pretty good. I am just now really getting into the craft brews and was looking for some recommendations. Seems I need some Pliny the Elder for sure...
MADDUD
Saint Arnold's Sailing Santa....not a fan
MW03
AG
Rahr Winter Warner is really good if you are looking for a place to start. The bourbon barrel aged winter warmer should be coming soon too.
army01
AG
quote:
Rahr Winter Warner is really good if you are looking for a place to start. The bourbon barrel aged winter warmer should be coming soon too.

I'm hearing mixed reviews on this year's BBAWW...
Tressels Vest
AG
Now on to a Odell's Myrcenary Double IPA. Not bad, pretty strong with the floral aroma.

My favorites are hefewiezens. Also like pale ales. I need to be cultured and reading this whole thread is helping some.
Hub05
AG
Tonight I'm enjoying a delicious Terrapin Wake-n-Bake Coffee Stout. Very balance coffee flavor and 9.4% ABV

NColoradoAG
Terrapin Wake N Bake. I want to try the new white chocolate and cinammon roll variations.
AggieOO
quote:
Opened Prairie Bomb this evening and it's damn good

good to hear...i just picked one up at HEB.
Hub05
AG
I missed out on the WC moo hoo, but I wasn't that impressed with the base version. But I will be looking hard for the cinnamon rolled wnb.
txaggie05
AG
Had a bottle of Bomb! tonight. Really good. Had a 3 oz sample in tap during N Texas Beer Week and it was as good as I had remembered.
army01
AG
I have more than blown my beer budget for the month in the last 2 days...

Also picked up a few of these last week. I'm in the minority, but I'm not a huge fan

AlaskanAg99
AG
Watched the Chargers beat the Bronco's at the new Ballast Point Little Italy Tasting Room & Kitchen. Drank some DAMN FINE beers. From Longfin Lager, to Sculpin, to Dorado Double, Sextant oatmeal and many more.

Plus a win. Ha...suck it MANNING! 2 MANNINGs in 5 Days makes Archie cry. Bwahahahaha.
maca1028
Is there any abyss still floating around the Houston area?
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
It came out already? Damn.
army01
AG
quote:
Now on to a Odell's Myrcenary Double IPA. Not bad, pretty strong with the floral aroma.

Strong choice.
aggiechris06
AG
bcbs and abyss...Two fine beverages I fear I may miss out on another year
BSD
AG
quote:
Seems I need some Pliny the Elder for sure...

You're ******* right.

gordo97
AG
I KNEW IT!!!!!!

Study says drinkers live longer than teetotalers

http://www.thedrinksbusiness.com/2013/12/study-says-drinkers-live-longer-than-teetotallers/
La Fours
AG
quote:

Where do you live?
defroach
Abyss has yet to be released in Houston.

The Southern Tier Choklat is like chocolate. I like it a lot...but I can also see why one would not want to drink liquid chocolate that is apparently beer.

My budget has been blown this month by a lot. I ended up with 8 bombs, 3 Abyss, Crime, Punishment, 2 Funk Metals, Racer X, 2 512 5th Anniversaries, 2 Ranger Creek #7, and a bunch of other random things from 5 stones and others.

This was last weeks purchases. I went on another spending splurge this week as well.

jah003
S
NColoradoAG is about to lose it...

In other news... I just keep going to stores that happen to have Bomb! stocked. You can't just leave that delicious beer on the shelf. Current count is 5. If anyone is still trying to find this and lives in CS or Austin let me know... I can snag you some.
aggiechris06
AG
quote:
quote:

Where do you live?

Houston, specifically Pearland area...

Also add Bomb! to this list...
Tressels Vest
AG
Drinking a Boulevard Bully Porter right now. Not a bad brew, first porter so not too sure what to think of it. It's...interesting.

[This message has been edited by Tressels Vest (edited 12/13/2013 6:14p).]
CollinAB
AG
jah, if you could snag me another Bomb I'd be eternally grateful. Or close to it. Stuff was awesome.

Finally got a F.U.N. 007. Like the other BBA Hellfighters, very solid, especially on a dreary day like this.

[This message has been edited by CollinAB (edited 12/13/2013 6:31p).]
jah003
S
quote:
jah, if you could snag me another Bomb I'd be eternally grateful. Or close to it. Stuff was awesome.

I'm on it... I'll be in CS starting on December 23rd. Just shoot me an email sometime and we can set something up.

email: jah003 at shsu dot edu

NColoradoAG... did you still need some Bomb?
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Where do you live?

Houston, specifically Pearland area...

Also add Bomb! to this list...

I know that the HEB on Holleman still had a few Abyss available. You just have to ask for one. Not sure there is any bomb left in CS.
La Fours
AG
Jah, I'll take a couple bombs as well.
defroach
If anyone is driving between Austin and CS, the Elgin Specs had 9 cases of Abyss. They still had quite a bit left on Wednesday. No one really knows about that stash. Call them up and verify before...but if you are driving through Elgin, it may be worthwhile.

You have to ask for it because it is in the back. 2 bottle limit.

[This message has been edited by defroach (edited 12/13/2013 7:13p).]
aggiechris06
AG
argh...how much is abyss.. If anyone will snag me one at that Elgin specs I'll pay ya back!
The Beer and I
Ran into a bottle of Ol Oi at Whole Foods, didn't even know they were selling it commercially. And apparently, the newest batch of Wytchmaker has souring bacteria...should be interesting.

[This message has been edited by The beer and i (edited 12/13/2013 8:00p).]
defroach
They released the Ol Oi about 2 weeks ago...I believe. I am surprised you found some...I wanted to get another bottle.
First Page Last Page
Page 337 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.