Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,568,534 Views | 62489 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by La Fours
MW03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lots of Ag shirts at Peticolas Brewery this afternoon. Any of y'all?
Hub05
AG
Had a mini tasting with some buddies last night.

Event Horizon easily won the night

MW03
AG
Black metal on tap at meddlesome moth...
cpscAG06
AG
mw, wife and i were there at peticolas. we werent in maroon though
aggiechris06
AG
Gravel road for the first time in a while today...forgot how tasty this beer is! Like the cousin of a barleywine in that it tilts the scales a bit in favor of malt instead of hop but still has enough to satisfy the need for rhat bitter finish
WorkBoots09
AG
Well it was quite a birthday weekend for yours truly. Craigslist deal brought me to the parking lot of specs for a cheap keg (that I turned into my first keggle today). While waiting, I went inside and picked up the last bottle of B**ches brew and a Rahr 9th anniversary ale.

B**ches brew was absolutely outstanding. Definitely lived up to the hype. I mean got dam.
aggiez71
Hit Karbach, Saint Arnold and Buffalo Bayou this weekend, very cool to see the setups
jetch17
AG
Another tasty iteration

NColoradoAG
Got a bigger picture?
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Went to Untapped. Crazy to see a line 35 deep for Saint Arnold while Velvet Merkin and Sucaba were being poured to a line no more than three people about 10 feet away.
metrag06
AG
Wish I could read the label in Jetch's pic...

Had a No Label Mint IPA last night. Interesting - couldn't really taste the mint in it but it was smooth. Not bad but glad I bought one, not six.
jah003
S
Spent the day at Ren Fest yesterday... and took a "beer class" at Brigadoon brewery.

The head brewmaster was hosting the whole thing and they only had 3 beers on tap. So, his beers were kinda thrown in amongst some other Texas craft beers. Everything he brewed was far too sweet and had almost no carbonation... and far behind the other Texas breweries. I guess they send some of they're beer to Houston already and told me they will be distributing to B/CS by February.

At least the Ren Fest has stepped up their beer game overall... I didn't have to drink a crappy beer all day.
jetch17
AG
Sweet Moses, duly noted that imgur from mobile is gigante
Marooned_n_Aggieland
Speaaking of No Label, anyone sample their bourbon barrel Elda M? Regular Elda M is their best beer that I have tried. Their other regulars are ... well ... blah.
Jegan14
AG
Hello everyone! My name is John and I met many of you at the Alabama and MSU bottle shares. I'm close friends with CollinAB if that helps you remember me. I've been lurking on this thread for a while but I just created an account. I'm also on Untappd where my username is JohnEgan91.

Thank you to everyone who brought the great beers to the bottle shares!
beagle2009
AG
Had no idea Revolver started bottling Blood & Honey until I saw it on the shelf at Kroger in Frisco. I've been enjoying it all weekend.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Anybody else digging Prairie Artesian Ales? They had the BOMB! and the Funky Galaxy on at Meddlesome Moth last night. Both were incredibly good. Kind of weird saying that about a brewery from Oklahoma. BOMB! Is currently sitting at 98/100 on BA, which is pretty fantastic. The Moth bartenders said that they weren't legally allowed to sell it, so they were just giving away 4 oz samples.
The Beer and I
Haven't had Bomb yet, but I've had Funky Galaxy, Merica, Prairie Hop, Standard, and Somewhere and think the are all awesome. Can't wait to get bomb.
Hub05
AG
I had the Pirate and Bomb side-by-side. The rum was an average BA Stout. The regular bomb was deserving of its reputation. It had perfect amount of chili to balance perfectly with the chocolate.
NColoradoAG
Welcome, john. It's nice to have you on the thread.
aggiemike02
AG
quote:
bourbon barrel Elda M

it was spectacular!
Bmac04
AG
NoColoradoAg,

Did you get my email?
aggiejz
AG
Anyone going to the LSU and/or Mizzou games? I intend to be at both.

For Mizzou I'm hoping to spend Friday in St Louis, I've already made a list of breweries and bars that seem worth visiting.. But anyone who's be before, any recommendations for can't miss spots there?
turfman80
AG
Hoping B/CS gets Victory DirtWolf in soon. Anyone taste it yet?
defroach
Another new brewery in TX:

TxKng82
AG
quote:
Another new brewery in TX:

Nice, ill have to try to find some. All those sound good.
turfman80
AG
Well, to put it kindly, their ratings across the board on BeerAdvocate are, well, shall we say...SUCK!!!

[This message has been edited by turfman80 (edited 11/18/2013 6:49p).]
jh0400
AG
The dark chocolate ale is at 83. That's not too bad.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/15280/78023
turfman80
AG
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/15280/42959

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/15280/72363

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/15280/33336

I don't see them challenging Founders anytime soon as the best Michigan brewery available in Texas. There's enough crap on the shelves now without cluttering it with this novelty swill from the North.

[This message has been edited by turfman80 (edited 11/18/2013 7:02p).]

[This message has been edited by turfman80 (edited 11/18/2013 7:07p).]
NColoradoAG
Bmac, I got it. I'll be in touch soon.

Aggiejz, I'll be at the LSU game this weekend. Staying at the Doubletree in New Orleans and driving up with the New Orleans A&M club.
The Beer and I
A friend gave me one of their Vanilla Java Porters, it was not good. I won't be running out to buy any of their beers anytime soon.
wessimo
AG
Detroit
jah003
S
quote:
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/15280/42959

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/15280/72363

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/15280/33336

I don't see them challenging Founders anytime soon as the best Michigan brewery available in Texas. There's enough crap on the shelves now without cluttering it with this novelty swill from the North.

It takes some real work to have multiple brews in the 70's on BA... that's BMC territory...

In regards to Dirtwolf... I was pleasantly surprised, just a a really great beer. It's been in Austin for a couple of weeks.
army01
AG
Had the LoF Collaboration with Cigar City. Pleasantly surprised.

And a Lolita tonight...
The Beer and I
Great Divide Hibernation Ale, roasty, malty goodness. And pretty feisty at 8.7%.
First Page Last Page
Page 321 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.