Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,660,623 Views | 62636 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by maca1028
BSD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There is still plenty of 007 Hellfighter at Central Market in Houston.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
^Picked up a four-pack of Backwoods ******* there yesterday. Not sure if still available.
army01
AG
Have yet to see any Backwoods ******* in Fw, but did manage to pick up a Green Monster today.
MW03
AG
White Wing is pretty much all over Dallas, and it's definitely a witbier. The taste is similar to Blue Moon or Hoegaarden. It's actually a nice change of pace, as all I've been having of late are stouts and marzens.
EaglePassAg08
AG
If you are anywhere near Austin this weekend, I suggest you go to Jester King and take advantage of picking up some Atrial Rubicite. Should be the last weekend it is available for a very long time.

ChopThemHorns
If anyone is going to Jester King this weekend and wouldn't mind picking me up a few bottles of Ol Oi for me, I would appreciate it. I will be in Austin Thanksgiving weekend to pay/pick them up. chriscappelli@hotmail.com

Class of '09
A WHOOP
streetfighter2012
AG
I signed up for the 2014 crooked stave membership. Looking forward to making a few trips out to the mountains in 2014.
BSD
AG
Nice! We had a great time up there when we met up with NCol for the first bottle release this year. Great beers!!!
jah003
S
I may be able to convince the wife to let me go out to JK Sunday... Gotta replenish that Atrial!
gordo97
AG
any of you San Diego residents going to this place anytime soon?

http://sandiego.eater.com/archives/2013/11/15/selfservice-craft-beer-at-new-barrel-republic-in-pb.php

quote:
An Irish pub in Pacific Beach has been turned into a DIY craft beer paradise by David Pike, a beer fan who co-owns the San Diego Sockers.

The new Barrel Republic, which soft opens Saturday on Garnet Ave., was inspired by pour-it-yourself concepts in LA and beyond, but to Pike;s knowledge, it's unique in the sheer number of taps, 44, that are available to patrons.

Here's how it works: a tablet above each tap explains what the beer is and suggests the proper glassware; fetch your own glass - they come in taster, tulip and pint sizes - and get to pouring. How do you pay? You put money down on a beer card or wristband; a sensor keeps tabs on how many ounces you take (the price per ounce varies on each beer, but prices are competitive).

txag2008
AG
Bricktown Brewery in OkCity has something similar. Their device is set up at a big table with 4 taps. Theirs has a screen mounted on the taps that show how much is being poured. Pretty neat concept.

[This message has been edited by txag2008 (edited 11/15/2013 3:13p).]
jh0400
AG
Still some 007 at Whole Foods on Kirby.
NColoradoAG
Jah, wish I could. I'm headed out tomorrow at 8am.
cpscAG06
AG
jah, are you a fan of Ol' Oi'?

Delicious! They are selling that now to go
ChopThemHorns

Picked these babies up today.

Class of '09
A WHOOP
NColoradoAG
I just realized I left my bottle of RU55 at the bottleshare last week. Pwonk, did you find that?
BSD
AG
Dafuq???
jah003
S
NColoradoAG: No worries, at some point we need to hit up JK. Not the RU55! That beer is not one to leave behind.

cpscAG06: Ol 'Oi is 4th of 5th on my Jester King list. Which means it is still pretty freaking awesome. If I can manage to get out there I'll certainly be snagging a few.

In other news... I was offered the assistant beer/wine manager position at my local HEB today. Is it sad that I'm in there so often I was offered a job...?
NColoradoAG
So much fail
maca1028
quote:
If you are anywhere near Austin this weekend, I suggest you go to Jester King and take advantage of picking up some Atrial Rubicite. Should be the last weekend it is available for a very long time.

That's a shame, I'm not going to make it up to Austin until next month. Hoping to at least get some RU55 but it looks to be off the to go menu at the moment
wessimo
AG
First growler of yellow rose. Damn this is good.
maca1028
FYI for folks in the tine, petrol station might be a good place to be 11/23. A lot of good stuff is going to be on the menu, 005,007, merkin, and DR5, just to name a few
jah003
S
quote:

That's a shame, I'm not going to make it up to Austin until next month. Hoping to at least get some RU55 but it looks to be off the to go menu at the moment

RU55 sold out during Funk 'n Sour a few weeks ago... I was fortunate enough to snag a few bottles.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
They had more RU-55 the next week after Funk n Sour. Had a buddy grab me three bottles on his way through. Not sure about now though.
La Fours
AG
Harvey Washbangers had a case each of ru55, Atrial, ol oi, and boxers revenge last night.
jetch17
AG
They selling singles ? Taking the family to CS for the day tomorrow
maca1028
Are they done making RU55 for now?
La Fours
AG
Jetch, yes they are. If there is any left. And since it's at the restaurant, the price is higher than at a store. And my guess is they are out of AR. Not sure if they have the others.
Bmac04
AG
Ncoloradoag,

There was a bottle of ru55 left in my cooler at the bottle share. Send me your address and I'll send it to you.
Vernada
AG
quote:
FYI for folks in the tine, petrol station might be a good place to be 11/23. A lot of good stuff is going to be on the menu, 005,007, merkin, and DR5, just to name a few

Yeah, I can't imagine how miserable it will be there. Hour wait for a beer? More?
La Fours
AG
quote:
Are they done making RU55 for now?

I hope they are just between cycles in the process of brewing ru55. With them switching their yeast to 100% locally harvested, and the barrel aging process.
NColoradoAG
Bmac, I'm glad to hear that. Hit me up at adam dot klett at gmail.com.
army01
AG
These two book ended SN Tornados, Rahr Gravel Roads, All Day IPAs...

That DDBA was good, but a rough ending to the night
cpscAG06
AG
jah,

that is pretty funny about the heb job offer. that place must be your second home lol

DaveHimself
AG
quote:
Is the White Wing and Rahr Belgian in wide distribution yet? I have seen neither.

I got my Rahr 9 at Specs in FW. Also saw it at World Market last night so I assume its widely available on DFW. Not sure about other places.
First Page Last Page
Page 320 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.