Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,678,980 Views | 62662 Replies | Last: 57 min ago by Kyle98
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll be round for the Miss State game as well
The Beer and I
If anyone posts about Sixpoint Apollo, they should be perma-banned. Complete garbage.
Jock 07
AG
My after work/post loss beer

CollinAB
AG
Also NColoradoAg, I left my (empty)A&M track bag on the tailgate of the truck this morning. If y'all found that, it's mine. If not, no big deal.
aggielax48
AG
Had a chance to go to Jester King this weekend. Was a great time. Brought home a bottle of RU55. I think Funk Metal was my favorite.
La Fours
AG
Thank you NColoradoAg for hosting us for the bottle share.

Turfman thanks for sharing that 2007 BCBS.
jah003
S
Sorry I didn't make it out there guys... My brother got engaged yesterday (saber arch, century tree, etc.)

Looks like it was a great time! I'd certainly be down for a share any other home game.
MW03
AG
I know y'all said the Pumking was meh, but I absolutely loved it. Super delicious.
BSD
AG
This is the best beer I've ever had.

[This message has been edited by BSD (edited 10/20/2013 11:20p).]
maca1028
^ is that what I think it is?
Jock 07
AG
By the looks of the RRBC sampler tray behind it, I'd guess Pliny.
Edit: Although I don't remember Pliny being that cloudy.

[This message has been edited by Jock 07 (edited 10/21/2013 2:27a).]
p-wonk01
AG
I had to also leave too early for the 07bcbs unfortunately. I can't complain though, plenty of nice brews! Thanks again NCAg and all those that came out and brought beer!
DaveHimself
AG
Had a Southern Tier Live yesterday. One of the best pale ales I've had in recent memory.
NColoradoAG
Way to go BSD. Glad you were finally able to indulge. First swallow since June?
MW03
AG
PSA: Saw the St. Arnold's truck at the Addison Whole Foods at lunch. Thought, hey, maybe I can ask this guy where I can find Pumkinator. Head to the beer section, couldn't find him. Did find a 4 pack of FBS for $9.99. There was at least one more pack there when I left at 1:30. They also had several Pumking bombers, and at least one Warlock.
BSD
AG
It was indeed Pliny and it was glorious!!! I had a few very small sips off the sampler tray too. Don't tell anyone though.
gordo97
AG
there is several packs of FBS at specs on westheimer/kirkwood
maca1028
Avery Beast Grand Cru tonight, not a fan
AggieOO
I had the beast on tap a couple weeks ago. i thought i was decent.
La Fours
AG
OMG!!

LCE
AG
I have a 2004 bomber of the Avery Grand Cru. 18.1%. Bought 2 of them back then and the one I drank in 2005 was a little hot. Will probably take this one to a bottle share.
bevokilla
AG
In Paris for the week drinking beers somewhere then moving somewhere else for dinner and wine.

So far my beers have been:

Leffe: Outstanding. Might be my go to for the rest of the trip unless I can find something else.

Brooklyn Lager: Really good. I understand this is an American beer but when someone brings you a pint, you drink it.

Guinness: Tastes worse here than it does at good pubs in the US (and this was in a Parisian Irish Pub)

Monaco: Word of advice. When you see a beer list and you start picking something you have never had before just to be adventurous and try it, ASK QUESTIONS. A French Monaco is Stella mixed with Pomegranate syrup and lemonade. I chugged that **** to reduce my apparant gayness in Paris.
Vernada
AG
^
|

Lol @ le nancy
Velvet Jones
AG
Bevokilla,

Go by La Cave a Bulles in Paris. It's a small beer-only shop with a very cool selection of local and Belgian beers. The owner Simon speaks very good English if your French is as bad as mine is - tell him what you like and he'll suggest something local. Like others from all over the world, we always bring a Houston craft beer or two to trade so you'll often see some interesting things on the shelves. It's a must visit for a beer fan in Paris.

Here's their BA page, a map and a link to their website:

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/19931

http://maps.google.com/maps?oi=map&q=La+Cave+%C3%A0+Bulles,45+Rue+Quincampoix,Paris,FR,75004

http://www.caveabulles.fr/
BSD
AG
My winemaker buddy gave me this today:

He should be shipping my Westy in the next month once it cools as I don't have room in my luggage for them right now as it's full of Jetch's Pliny!
jetch17
Scriffer
AG
In NY for training, and Founders abounds up here. Had Dirty ******* and the Porter along with a Brooklyn Lager as a hat tip to a super cool bartender.
The Beer and I
Pliny and BBA Sppedway Stout? With that garbage, I bet you didn't even get Westy 12, had to settle for 8!
BSD
AG
Busted.
The Beer and I
Can't get Westy here, but having one of the next best available.

Just a little Rochefort 10 for dessert.
BSD
AG
Nice. Maybe we can get a side by side tasting done once they arrive.
The Beer and I
quote:
Nice. Maybe we can get a side by side tasting done once they arrive.

We can throw in St Bernardus Abt 12 too. But no great Belgian Quad tasting would be complete without Saint Arnold DR 13!
p-wonk01
AG
quote:
Bevokilla,

Go by La Cave a Bulles in Paris. It's a small beer-only shop with a very cool selection of local and Belgian beers. The owner Simon speaks very good English if your French is as bad as mine is - tell him what you like and he'll suggest something local. Like others from

+1 on this! The wife and I were in Paris earlier this year and I had heard the same about Simon and the beer shop. We went over to the area (good eats around there as well) around 2pm knowing they are closed for lunch at that time. We just wanted to make sure we found it and then would grab a late bite to eat before coming back. When approaching the storefront I noticed a guy locking the door and so I said "Simon?". He looked a bit surprised at first and then I told him about our trip and hearing about him from BA. He proceeded to apologize he was closing for lunch and when we said we knew and were going to find something ourselves, he said "follow me". He took us to his favorite local crepe place (older woman cooking and only spoke French) and proceeded to help us in ordering. He bought a large bottle of some Belgian blonde ale for us to share and we talked for an hour about the beer culture in Paris and US/Texas. It was one of those random trip/beer stories that make the trip worth it. He's good people!

I wish I would have known you were going before because he enjoys when people bring US beer to trade. He was very familiar with Jester King and you will find a very random US beer selection there. I'd grab up any Cantillion beer you can find there. It's great beer and worth a TON in beer trades if you are into that type of thing.

[This message has been edited by p-wonk01 (edited 10/23/2013 10:59a).]
p-wonk01
AG
quote:
Leffe: Outstanding. Might be my go to for the rest of the trip unless I can find something else.

I loved that beer on tap..so much better! It became my go-to as well when there wasn't a local selection.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:
But no great Belgian Quad tasting would be complete without Saint Arnold DR 13!

I know you're probably being facetious, but I thought DR13 was Saint Arnold's best beer in years.
First Page Last Page
Page 307 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.