Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,567,510 Views | 62481 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by 62strat
62strat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Crooked stave was out of all beer an hour before end as well.

I think most breweries allocate their beer over the 4 sessions. So gone on friday does not mean none for saturday.

wessimo
AG
St Arnold bringing home two medals, Real Ale one and JK one for AR.

[This message has been edited by wessimo (edited 10/12/2013 3:19p).]
NColoradoAG
I do what I want

62strat
AG
CO with 19 Gold medals, 42 medals overall, out of 84 categories. Not too shabby. More than CA.
jetch17
AG
Still like me a fresh sculpin, but this isn't bad

Jason_Ag98
AG
What's everybody drinking for the game? Stone Enjoy By here.
jetch17
AG
Game time lineup to peruse this evening

MADDUD
Krunkin Pumpkin! Let's go Ags. BTHO Ole Miss!
Jock 07
AG
No beer for me as I'm fixin to be headed into work here in a couple hours.
Scriffer
AG
Brew day this afternoon. Drank a few different homebrews and now drinking Lakewood Hop Trapp and Union Jack.
jah003
S
A couple friends and I had a "stout party" last night...

As a result, I'm not drinking tonight.
cpscAG06
AG
jah - funk metal and uncle jacob's.....well done sir
La Fours
AG
quote:
jah - funk metal and uncle jacob's.....well done sir

Very nice. And the Mephistopheles as well.

I cracked open one of my Abyss 2012 for a finale tonight.

Drank a few weekend warriors and an enjoy by during the game.

[This message has been edited by la fours (edited 10/13/2013 12:13a).]
La Fours
AG
Coffee whiskey stout goodness.
jah003
S
Thanks guys... Actually, the Mephistopheles was probably the best of the bunch. Been sitting on that one for just under a year. Uncle Jacob's and the Funk Metal were delightful as well.

La Fours: I freaking love the Abyss. I usually accumulate a case or so when it's released.
NColoradoAG
Didn't drink during the game. Celebrating with a bourbon barrel plead the fifth from Dark Horse. Im spent after that game.

See you all bright and early in 6 days!

[This message has been edited by ncoloradoag (edited 10/13/2013 12:35a).]
army01
AG
Trying to clear some space. Outside of the gusher I had with No. 4, the Small Batch series wasn't bad.

And a little Double ******* to celebrate the win

[This message has been edited by Army01 (edited 10/13/2013 1:23a).]
E King Trill
AG
Allagash Curieux, it's a tripel that is aged in oak bourbon barrels. It's expensive but it's good and also 11% abv.
La Fours
AG
quote:
Thanks guys... Actually, the Mephistopheles was probably the best of the bunch. Been sitting on that one for just under a year. Uncle Jacob's and the Funk Metal were delightful as well.

La Fours: I freaking love the Abyss. I usually accumulate a case or so when it's released.

Lol. I seem to remember you getting pretty excited at the bottle share when the Abyss was broken out.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Had Stone's Best By tonight. Wasn't my favorite IPA but it wasn't bad. Was hoping for more hop than bitter.
aggiejz
AG
Pretty awesome/crazy weekend in Colorado. GABF is quite the experience. Here's my haul back to TX.. I'll bring 1 of the Crooked Stave Origins Batch #2's to the bottle share this weekend...

EDIT - NColorado, I see you've got 2 of the origins on the list.. I'm not familiar enough with the Crooked Stave releases to know what's what or how many of those they did. Is 1 of the ones your bringing the Batch #2 ones that got released last wk?

[This message has been edited by aggiejz (edited 10/14/2013 9:18a).]
txaggie05
AG
quote:
Had Stone's Best By tonight. Wasn't my favorite IPA but it wasn't bad. Was hoping for more hop than bitter.

I had one on tap tonight and thought it was amazing. Actually had 2.
wessimo
AG
People lining up at Specs at 6am today for Pumpkinator /facepalm
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
^SMH.
defroach
quote:
I didn't go to rrbc last night. Spent all my time sampling breweries that we don't get here.

I don't care too much about Three Floyd's at GABF, but those ****ers mailed it in. Their booth was closed 45 minutes into the festival. Pathetic considering 2012 GABF award winners were shut out of booth space this year.

Friday - exact same deal. We went by about an hour in to it and they had 2 beers left and all the rest were gone. 30 min later, the both was shut down and no one was to be found. I actually stood in front of the booth for 15 min waiting for my group to get back together after a bathroom run and a lot of people walked up and were pissed.
defroach
I made it home last night from GABF. I made it home in body only, because I do not quite think I am alive yet.

A group of us (7 people) flew out to GABF on Thursday from Austin. Our flight got diverted but we ended up in Denver at 10:15 as opposed to our scheduled time of 7 PM. Just meant that we were starting our drinking late that night. We went immediately to the beer store and got supplies for the night:

Something like $350 worth of beer for our quick Thursday night tasting. There were some beers that I was not extremely happy we got solely due to them being in Texas, but that is what you get when you have people grabbing bottles you want. Maybe I am just too picky. But....that was a rough night. We crashed about 4 AM with 23 of those bombers and some 12 ozers done.

Friday - main goal - hit up Crooked Stave and then do GABF later.

Crooked Stave was packed (no picture) but had some quality stuff. Ran into some of the breweries from Austin there who I know.

GABF. I have been twice before. This time, we decided to show up late to avoid the line. Apparently, showing up at 6 and walking in did not work as well this year as previous years. The line was long but fast moving.

I was mainly in it just to try random breweries as opposed to the big/longer line ones. Some ones that stood out were Tahoe City, Due South, and then one that I cannot remember out of Kansas/Nebraska or Missouri. Somewhere in that area (it was a long night).

Here is a bad iphone picture.

I left GABF the most sober I have ever been there (good thing). We tried to hit up Black Shirt Brewery but they were shutting down at this point (I think they were trying to avoid post-GABF crowds). Luckily, it was a block from our rental house so we continued drinking some more bombers there.

Next day - our brewery tour day. Goal....hit up as many breweries as we feel comfortable with in one way and pass out in Fort Collins. It started early (OU/UT people in the group wanted to watch RRR). So, we were in Boulder at 10 AM to watch the game. We left the sports bar at 1, so this is what happened after.

1) Upslope

2) Twisted Pine

3) Bootstrap Brewing (their IPAs were effin great)

4) City Star Brewing

5) Loveland Aleworks (no picture)

6) Grimm Brothers

7) Equinox Brewing

8) Black Bottle Brewing

Half the group called it a night after Equinox. I had to push it to 8 and then pass out. It was a great adventure to say the least.

Sunday morning. Woke up in Fort Collins and had to continue.

1) Odells

2) Funkwerks

Drove back to Denver...had a 6 PM flight...so we squeezed one more in in Denver:

3) Epic Brewing (no picture).

It felt so damn good to get home last night and sleep with no real alcohol in me.

Made it back with 10 bottles (2x Funkwerks, 1x Epic, 2x Alesmith, then a couple more that I cannot remember).

Looking forward to my next beercation.
DonaldFDraper
AG
JIMP
spadilly
S
@Specs_Beer_Dept: Pumpkinator is gone from Spec's Downtown...came and went in 39 minutes.

10:40 AM - 14 Oct 13
spadilly
S
And the Bunker Hill HEB?

@BeerBunkerhill 3h
Pumpkinator is in..no limit ...come and get it

@BeerBunkerhill 2h
Now we must limit yall on the mighty pumpkinator...limit is 6....getting up early pays off!!!!

@BeerBunkerhill 1m
Limit 2 guys
spadilly
S
Have I mentioned how much I hate the Houston beer scene.
jah003
S
quote:
@Specs_Beer_Dept: Pumpkinator is gone from Spec's Downtown...came and went in 39 minutes.

10:40 AM - 14 Oct 13

Please stop Houston... You're embarrassing the rest of the state.

Freaking DDBA (10 cases for Austin) sat on the shelf of my local store for 2 days... I could have bought a case if I really wanted to.
spadilly
S
‏@BeerBunkerhill 5s
Alright kiddos ...no more...I will be doing an afternoon release at 2 for those of you that "work"..limited quantities
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:
Have I mentioned how much I hate the Houston beer scene.

This. Saw on Twitter there were people buying up to 8 CASES of Pumpkinator. Not fun anymore.
wessimo
AG
How do dumb people have so much money???
62strat
AG
quote:
Apparently, showing up at 6 and walking in did not work as well this year as previous years. The line was long but fast moving.

The line takes about an hour to disappear.

GABF is ridiculous. I don't think we'll be going again. I wonder the future of it. It sells out in a minute now. The line takes an hour to get in. Then you're shoulder to shoulder for 3 hours and wait in line to get an ounce. Most people pay overpriced from scalpers.

I honestly don't think it's that enjoyable, and certainly hardly worth the $150/pair to get in. There are other festivals to do w/o a million people coming from all over and worrying about it selling out at onsale date.

Defroach did you enjoy farm to table? I have the same sentiments with it. Stand in line for 5-10 minutes, try to find a table, all for a bit of food and ounce of beer, then repeat.

Wife and I only did 4 tables and got aggravated, so we went to main hall. Only advantage I saw to FtT was no line at entry.

The festival should come with capability of getting ~2-3 pints. You sample for an hour, pick 2-3 you like, and are able to get a pint of it to sit down and enjoy maybe with some food.

There needs to be a session for CO residents only!
First Page Last Page
Page 301 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.