Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,566,358 Views | 62472 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by jah003
fav13andac1)c
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anybody tried Rahr and Sons Octoberfest yet? I picked up a 6 pack but wanted to know what other people thought before I tried it.
wessimo
AG
So are you gonna dump it out is someone says it is meh?
fav13andac1)c
AG
No lol. Sorry it came across that way. It's Rahr and Sons, I'm sure it's good. Just wanted to see if anyone had any comments.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Pretty good beer run...

CollinAB
AG
Just opened up my first Karbach Krunkin Pumpkin. Probably my favorite pumpkin beer yet this year.
Scriffer
AG
Went to the Lakewood Brewery in Dallas. Had the Goatman, Lakewood Lager, Hop Trapp, and The Temptress. All excellent. The Temptress has been in my top 5 for awhile now.
Jock 07
AG
Successful trip to the liquor store today

BSD
AG
Jock, are you in Fort Collins? Crooked Stave is at Tap and Handle right now tapping Origins Burgundy.
Jock 07
AG
Damn, no in the springs unfortunately
army01
AG
Cool weather, college football, vasectomy, Sox win and Stone Enjoy By 10.25.13...busy little weekend so far.

Jock 07
AG
Strat; unfortunately it appears that it's not going to work out for me for GABF and work. I will defiantly be taking leave next year and plan on going all out for it.
The Beer and I
Pretty decent IPA night yesterday.
DaveHimself
AG
quote:
Anybody tried Rahr and Sons Octoberfest yet? I picked up a 6 pack but wanted to know what other people thought before I tried it.

IMO, like most everything from Rahr, it's a decent beer but nothing I get excited about. I did the tour last weekend and they were serving barrel aged Oktoberfest which was pretty solid.
LCE
AG
Having Live Oak Oaktoberfest at the Saucer in SA. Like most their beers, very good.
wessimo
AG
FSW Velvet Merlin. Solid stout.
army01
AG
quote:
FSW Velvet Merlin. Solid stout.

Made it to Texas?
wessimo
AG
11th street Kroger Houston

Still looking for breakfast stout
Jock 07
AG
Strat, I got a buddy who'd take those tickets off your hand if you still have em
army01
AG
quote:
11th street Kroger Houston

Still looking for breakfast stout

I'll have to start the DFW hunt.

Tonight's beer: 14 Day old UnEarthly:

[This message has been edited by Army01 (edited 10/6/2013 11:47p).]
AlaskanAg99
AG
Sometime the best beers are the simple staples that are largely forgotten.

This is a fine damn beer. And unfortunately I didn't take any pics of Ayinger Oktoberfest I had earlier. FG. US versions do not match up.
aggielax48
AG
What did y'all thing of the Enjoy By? Thought it was good, but not great. Extremely citrusy, I like the 7/4/13 version better.

Almost picked up the Velvet Merlin the other day, have to give it a go.
txaggie05
AG
Ayinger Oktoberfest is great stuff
NColoradoAG
Auburn bottleshare is a go! 2:30 kickoff confirmed!

My memories from Bama are a bit foggy, but I think we ran pretty strong from about 8-12. I'm thinking we'll officially roll from 8:30-11:30am for Auburn. I'm open for suggestions as well. Ill be there from 7ish until 1:30ish.

[This message has been edited by NColoradoAG (edited 10/7/2013 11:28a).]
62strat
AG
Another reminder I have two GABF tickets for Saturday night I will sell at cost, $150.

Email me
tcw5457 at yahoo dot com
Bmac04
AG
I will add a bottle of bomb! for the bottle share.
jah003
S
JK bottle tickets for the Funk & Sour Fest sold out in... Wait for it... 45 seconds.

I got shut out because their ticket system didn't work on mobile phones. I'll still be going and tasting, but the dream of bottles is gone.
BSD
AG
Sounds like DLD!

On a similar note, RRBC's Framboise for a Cure bottles sold out in less than a week and they even spaced out sales over the course of the week with a limited number of bottles sold each day, a new procedure for them. One day it was gone in 45 minutes.
NColoradoAG
NColoradoAG
Strat, I don't think I'll be making it down to Patricks
cpscAG06
AG
jah - same thing happened to me too. We need to meet up there.
streetfighter2012
AG
Sorry you guys missed out on getting the bottle release tickets. My brother picked up our tickets, I guess the two of us are lucky he doesn't have a smart phone and just used his computer.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:
JK bottle tickets for the Funk & Sour Fest sold out in... Wait for it... 45 seconds.

Crazy.
jah003
S
quote:
jah - same thing happened to me too. We need to meet up there.

Sounds good to me... I'll be in contact as things get closer.

In regards to this whole Jester King ticket release thing... I'm just pissed I never even had a fighting chance at tickets. Seems like there should be some sort of consolation prize for being ready to buy tickets, but not having the ability to do so... (guess going at all is my consolation prize).
La Fours
AG
Damn.

I won't be able to participate in the bottle share for Auburn. My wife, her best friend and her bf's husband will be with me that weekend for the game. They aren't beer drinkers. Not even sure if I will get to tailgate much.
62strat
AG
quote:
Strat, I got a buddy who'd take those tickets off your hand if you still have em

Yeh send him my email. He's willing to pay for them I assume? I haven't resorted to just giving them away quite yet! I'd like to get cost.

tcw5457 at yahoo.com
First Page Last Page
Page 298 of 1785

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.