Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,678,366 Views | 62654 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by swampstander
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Strat I'm gonna try and work my schedule with a coworker so I can get it off. Don't hold on to the tickets on my account but I'll take em if you still have em and I can get my schedule worked out
aggiejz
AG
Who all else is going to GABF next week? I'm doing Farm to Table for the Thursday session, the Friday session, and the members session on Saturday. Works out perfectly that the A&M game at Ole Miss is a night game.. Gonna go from the convention center to the watch party!
62strat
AG
Jock.. ok you are first in line.. let me know!

for others that didn't see last page

Hey Ags.. Any of you want to go to GABF but didn't buy tickets??!?!

I have two tickets for Saturday night (10 days away). I will sell at cost (my good deed to my virtual beer buddies) $150 for the pair.
They are electronic, so I can email them to you.

First person to email me at tcw5457 at yahoo dot com

Please only email if you can honestly go!
62strat
AG
damn aggiejz.. that's a load!

I'm doing friday night farm to table.

I may also be able to get another pair of Friday night regular tickets... and they would be cheap....

I'll post here if confirmed.

AlaskanAg99
AG
quote:
New Belgium Pumpkick is suprisingly good.

No...it's nasty. The spices are way too far forward, like drinking a spice pie. It's not balanced and after 1 taste, I tossed the rest. I couldn't imagine what a full bottle would do, let alone multiples.

Maybe with 10% of the spice it'd be interesting but that beer is a trainwreck.

I just wish they'd bring back Hoptober.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Blackberry was tasty. Yep, there was a little bottleshare. Had some 08 BCBS, some block 15 brews, and barrel aged speedway stout. I brought an upright blend love batch 2 and new Glarus wild sour. Good times as usual. I arrived kind of late because I was driving all over north Denver looking for FW Velvet Merkin.

We're you able to find it? Sittin here at trinity and they have it on tap. Also they still have bottles of the swingline avaliable if you want more.
NColoradoAG
Found some bottles around town so I'm good. Swingline also made it up here.

I'll be at GABF Thursday night. I'll be out in Fort Collins on Wednesday, and running around Denver on Friday.
jkn09
AG
quote:
quote:

No...it's nasty. The spices are way too far forward, like drinking a spice pie. It's not balanced and after 1 taste, I tossed the rest. I couldn't imagine what a full bottle would do, let alone multiples.

Geez...the guy was just giving an opinion.

ETA: I enjoyed it too. Thought the cranberry was a nice touch.

[This message has been edited by jkn09 (edited 10/2/2013 10:40p).]
CollinAB
AG
I'm with you bevokilla. Pumpkick surprised me quite a bit. Pretty solid.
aggielax48
AG
Picked up an Enjoy By, Brooklyn Dark Chocolate Stout and a Zoetzuur Flemish Reserve Ale at Spec's today.
NColoradoAG
Today is our third wedding anniversary. Started with this

CollinAB
AG
Glad I got to split one of those with you at the Alabama share, Colorado. Damn good stuff to celebrate with. Congrats.

[This message has been edited by CollinAB (edited 10/3/2013 3:09p).]
jetch17
AG
heady topper makes my dingle tingle
bevokilla
AG
quote:
quote:

I too miss Hoptober but Pumpkick is not bad.
bevokilla
AG
I am headed to Paris at the end of the month for work and I was trying to find stuff online about beers to try to find and bring back but it looks like the craft beer scene is just starting and there isn't too much to seek out. Anyone have any recommendations on what if anything is worth trying to find and bring back?
Out in Left Field
AG
Vegas breakfast!

62strat
AG
quote:
I too miss Hoptober but Pumpkick is not bad.

I miss the original hoptober... Not the 'Red' Hoptober they have now.
BSD
AG
quote:
I am headed to Paris at the end of the month for work and I was trying to find stuff online about beers to try to find and bring back but it looks like the craft beer scene is just starting and there isn't too much to seek out. Anyone have any recommendations on what if anything is worth trying to find and bring back?

I'd find a shop with some good Belgian beers or make a trip over there depending on time. And I drink a ton of Bordeaux too.
bevokilla
AG
I definetly will be grabbing some bourdeaux but I'm not a fan of Belgian yeast so that's not my first choice
Muji Tuve

My favorite time of the year.
jah003
S
quote:

My favorite time of the year.

WNBA playoffs...?
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
^GOT 'EM.
Muji Tuve
Lulz. Using firstrowsports to stream the tu game -- has the slideshow on the commercial breaks.
Out in Left Field
AG
St A fresh hops Elisa and pumpkinator come out soon
maca1028
Rodenbach Grand Cru and Lone Pint 667 IPA tonight
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Had a FSW Sucaba tonight. Not a pro like some in this thread, but this is the best beer I've ever had.
Jock 07
AG
Sucaba is for sure my favorite Firestone beer that's available retail. If you ever find yourself in or around Bulleton CA off of 101 on the weekend, stop in early afternoon for a few of their rare beers @ barrel works and then stay for dinner.

[This message has been edited by Jock 07 (edited 10/4/2013 1:11a).]
Robert C. Christian
AG
If any one is in the Rockwall area this weekend they are having their annual Rib Rub and Roll Event. The Rockwall Homebrew club will be having 15 different kegs for sample through a 'Sip n Stroll' event from 1-5 PM.
maca1028
quote:
Had a FSW Sucaba tonight. Not a pro like some in this thread, but this is the best beer I've ever had.

I got my hands on one in August that I'm sitting on for a little bit
dave99ag
AG
I have that same Hilliard's glass from a tour I did during my honeymoon.
Jock 07
AG
Little fri afternoon Double DBA & double jack on tap.

aggiejz
AG
Having the MechaHopzilla from NOLA Brewing to start tonight. Pretty solid, would likely be much better fresh!

AggieOO
my barrel-aged saison was a booming success!

(and i owe you guys some oktoberfest pics)

---------------------------------------
http://www.yourbodyisyourengine.com
RRCA Certified Running Coach
NColoradoAG
HNIC, you can't go wrong with a FW barrel aged brew. Sucaba is the tits
jah003
S
Some new beers I took down yesterday:

Real Ale Scot's Gone Wild: A pretty solid sour... not quite up to JK level. I think I'm the only one who orders this at my local bar... same keg has been on tap for well over a month now.

Avery Dugana: Was expecting a little more from this. Decent, but nothing to go and seek out.

Lift Bridge 2012 Commander Barleywine: Friend brought this down from MN. Extremely bourbon-y, but pretty easy to drink at 13%.

Also had a couple ABW Heavy Machinery Wet Hop's... this beer is seriously one of the best Austin beers out there right now. I will certainly bring a can or two to the Auburn bottle share. By that time it will be over 30 days old, though... So, you can only taste it and then you must drain pour the rest.
First Page Last Page
Page 297 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.