Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,618,181 Views | 62597 Replies | Last: 24 min ago by Chipotlemonger
jah003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
It made it home safely...

Sorry to those who wanted a bottle, this is all I could manage today.
maca1028
Had a cigar city tropical Tripel for lunch at hay merchant today, good stuff
aggiejz
AG
Really enjoyed my first time at Jester King today. Just a badass spot with really good beer.

Ventured over to the new Austin brewery ABGB (Austin Beer Garden Brewery) and enjoying it so far!
NColoradoAG
Those are some nice looking bottles.
Jock 07
AG
I personally think the utopias is excellent. You can really taste the barrels in it. Not that I'm looking to buy, but does anyone know if any of their millenium is avaliable for sale anywhere?
maca1028
Watching the game again, drinking some of BSD's
The Beer and I
This:

+

= Happy Labor Day.

Thanks again BSD. And Maca, I enjoyed the Tropical Tripel too. Good stuff.
BSD
AG
I have 10oz of Utopias left. It's a damn shame for you guys that I don't have a ticket for the Bama game.
The Beer and I
I don't have Utopias or a Bama ticket. I guess my 20" and Mickey's will have to do on sept 14.
Green Fairy
AG
Growler of ruination
Sixer of lil sumpin wild
Pumking

Tomorrow should suck sufficiently.
aggiejz
AG
I love Austin.. Jester King, South Austin Brewing, ABGB, and Uncle Billy's all made for an excellent weekend. 3 growlers coming back to Houston too.
AggieOO
how was ABGB? i didn't realize it had opened. Friend of mine owns the property. there's a small private tasting room out back by the law office that I've had several meetings in.
aggiejz
AG
I really enjoyed it. Cool vibe, nice outside seating area, good staff, and some pretty solid beers. It's obviously helpful that the guys know what they're doing having been at Uncle Billy's.
txaggie05
AG
Avery Twenty. Good stuff.
La Fours
AG
Stone Farking Wheaton w00tstout

Picked this up last week at the tower point heb. They apparently got a case in and I got the last bottle. I was sad that no one knew who Wil Wheaton was that asked me about the beer at HEB. It's pretty good. There's a weird taste on the finish. Not off putting but great. Just different.
txaggie05
AG
You didn't get the last one at Tower Point. I picked up a random one I found in the cooler Friday night.

Overall I thought it was really good, but I wasn't wowed either
maca1028
Had the Terra Incognita tonight, pretty descent collaboration between Boulevard and Sierra Nevada, oak overtakes the whiskey but all in all pretty good
La Fours
AG
quote:
You didn't get the last one at Tower Point. I picked up a random one I found in the cooler Friday night.

Overall I thought it was really good, but I wasn't wowed either

Lol. I was wrong since I grabbed mine at lunch Friday. Yes it was good but nothing special.
Jock 07
AG
Looks like Crooked Stave is gettin close to moving into the source
AlaskanAg99
AG
quote:
i live 15 minutes from Stone and don't drink their beers. Easily 5+ local breweries that are better and usually cheaper.

Have you been to Rip Current? Paul and Guy are making killer beers there and being less than a year old, they're doing a helluva job.

Stone...yawn. They just churn out average product.

I was up at Lost Abbey Sunday for the DDG release. They did everything super well...then served your 2oz sample in...plastic. And I tasted plastic, not sure if it was the cup or if it was some sort of phenol in the beer.

bevokilla
AG
Friend brought over Sierra Nevada Southern Hemisphere and it was really good.
NColoradoAG
Jock07, I've got your two bottles of thensaurum in hand. Ill bring them to the Bama game. We can settle up at the tailgate.
NColoradoAG
quote:
I was up at Lost Abbey Sunday for the DDG release. They did everything super well...then served your 2oz sample in...plastic. And I tasted plastic, not sure if it was the cup or if it was some sort of phenol in the beer.

Opened a bottle yet? I just put a bow on a couple trades for some.
army01
AG
I thought wøøtxt out was decent. However, drinking it, a Brux, two Dirty *******s, two Centenial IPAs and a couple pulls of moonshine at the TCU-LSU game is not advisable...
La Fours
AG
Jesus, Army. That's pretty awful sounding. It took me 2 hours pretty much to drink the bomber I had.
AlaskanAg99
AG
quote:
Opened a bottle yet? I just put a bow on a couple trades for some.

Nope, at $40 too rich for my blood. My buddies used me to buy up 5 and the last one I'm giving away to a fella as a wedding gift.

One of my friends who bought a total of 8 said he'd pop a bottle with my wife and I in the future. I did have the sample at the brewery and it's 10% ABV and lactic sour without being enamel melting, but not really my kind of sour.
La Fours
AG
So this just happened.

It's different from any beer I've had. The first drink had some funk and typical Flanders taste. But subsequent drinks are boozy and soured cherries.
StephenvilleAg77
Deschutes Brewery?
La Fours
AG
Yes.
StephenvilleAg77
Nice photo. Thx for sharing. I have not tried that one yet.

I live 65 miles from that brewery. The Abyss is good, though spendy.

My two favorite brews are Stormwatcher from Pelican Brewery, Pacific City, OR and Fred, from Hair of the Dog Brewery in Portland, OR.

[This message has been edited by StephenvilleAg77 (edited 9/3/2013 10:54p).]
La Fours
AG
Nice. I'm a big fan of Deschutes. This beer is spendy as well. I'm sitting on some bottles of Abyss letting them age.

Fred is also a nice beer.
army01
AG
quote:
So this just happened.

It's different from any beer I've had. The first drink had some funk and typical Flanders taste. But subsequent drinks are boozy and soured cherries.

Overall thoughts? I still have a bottle aging...
Jock 07
AG
excellent, I'll bring your swingline as well.
WorkBoots09
AG
Heading to Untapped this weekend in Dallas. Here's the lineup:

http://untapped-festival.com/dal/beers/
La Fours
AG
army, I'd sit on it a little while longer, but you would still be good to go now. It is so different from anything I have ever had. A friend got a bottle from his brother in law who lives up in Washington and he cracked his open last night and talked about how it's one of the best beers he has ever had. He isn't a big fan of sours. He tried some RU-55 with me one time and it wasn't something he was in to. But he absolutely loved this beer. As it warms up it does improve and more flavors become noticeable. Especially the cherries. It isn't as sour as you might expect.
First Page Last Page
Page 283 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.