Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,678,785 Views | 62661 Replies | Last: 7 min ago by dave99ag
Two Down
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
9 weeks ain't so bad.
NColoradoAG
A majority of Ebony and Oak bottles are infected or just off. I haven't seen anything official from the Bruery. I passed on it when it was on sale and its since been taken off the Bruery storefront. I've heard second hand stories that they will refund you for one opened bottle and any other unopened bottles.

I hear its a gusher so be careful when you open it.
Two Down
AG
Damn - hadn't heard that. I guess I will find out some time down the road, as I hadn't planned on opening it for some time. I will keep that in mind when I do though.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:
Anyone going to Memorial City/Bunker Hill HEB for the Firestone release?

All the good stuff gone in minutes. 3:00 on a Tuesday! Being gainfully employed FTL.
jah003
S
Finally managed to snag a couple of bottles of Uncle Jacob's today. Everything FW wise was a big swing and a miss, though. Oh well... guess my 4 bottles of Parabola I picked up earlier this year will suffice.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
^
BSD
AG
Man, first ninja missed my beer sale and now he misses this. I might have to break into the cellar and help a ninja out.
BSD
AG
quote:
9 weeks ain't so bad.

Yeah, but it's been 10 so far!
jah003
S
Ninja- you gonna go to any football games this year? I'll bring ya a Parabola if you are.
AggieOO
quote:
No you don't, it is VERY likely I am going up just to tailgate

I will be there ticket or not.

i'm headed to wisconsin on saturday, so i'm planning on picking up a bunch. not sure what i'll bring back and what i will leave to ship when it cools off.
maca1028
Hopefully there is a second wave on the parabola
spadilly
S
Went to the Bunker Hill HEB after work. Ended up getting a four pack of Burton Baton.

Got out to my car and realized something wasn't right and those weren't the Dogfish bottle caps. Pulled them out and someone had replaced all four with some cheap beer. Took it back inside and was able to get a real four pack before I left.

I get what they did. They took all four and put them in a cheap six pack holder and paid probably half what they are sold for.

Beer switcher almost got me.

[This message has been edited by Spadilly (edited 8/13/2013 6:47p).]
army01
AG
Picked up a Rogue XS Seas Guy and Ballast Point Indra Kunindra today.
AggieOO
I've got a bottle of Parabola, but I'm waiting on the temperature to drop before drinking dark beers again.
aggiejz
AG
quote:
I've got a bottle of Parabola, but I'm waiting on the temperature to drop before drinking dark beers again.

I'm generally the same way but I cracked open a Lagunitas Cappuccino Stout a week or 2 ago because I got impatient. Glad I did, 'twas pretty tasty.
AlaskanAg99
AG
You will love Indria Kunidria or you will hate it. I personally can't tollerate the stuff.

Which is funny, it was a homebrewer's recipe that won and became a mainstay. The brewers at BP love pepper beers, esp pepper IPA's, something else I don't understand or enjoy.

He was later hired on at the production BP facility and most recently switch breweries and now works for the brand spankin' new Modern Times Brewing Co here in San Diego.
The Beer and I
quote:

Racist! When I was young, we enjoyed malt liquor throughout the year.

I chased the palabora dragon all day around town and came up empty. Hopefully will have better luck tomorrow.

wessimo
AG
Army where did you get the Indra?
army01
AG
King's Liquor on Berry in Fort Worth.

The XS shocked me...king's had it for $9.99...Central Market is selling it for $18.
maca1028
Picked up the last 2 SA BB4's at a small store here in Baytown, I was really surprised because we normally don't get much to choose from over here on the east side
AggieOO
Sorry, I like my saisons, wheats, and cream ales when its hot out. Oh and some ICE cold lagers.

Once it cools off, I'm all about big Belgians and stouts.
Ags #1
AG
Is BB4 being sold in stores? I thought it was bars and restaurants only?
Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Wild

I generally like most of their beers (Simcoes?) but this might be my favorite. Bready and hoppy. So good.
maca1028
quote:
Is BB4 being sold in stores? I thought it was bars and restaurants only?

Apologies, it was a small bar here in Baytown
army01
AG
Cracked the Valkyrie tonight. It wasn't horrible. A bit of an off taste, but was okay over all....

AggieOO
finishing off my last weisse versa. good thing i'll be in CS in 2.5 weeks to restock.
Scriffer
AG
quote:
Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Wild

I generally like most of their beers (Simcoes?) but this might be my favorite. Bready and hoppy. So good.

Little Sumpin Sumpin was my favorite Lagunitas and possibly favorite beer until I tried this. Absolutely fantastic brew.
62strat
AG
quote:
Sorry, I like my saisons, wheats, and cream ales when its hot out. Oh and some ICE cold lagers.

Once it cools off, I'm all about big Belgians and stouts.
thats why Colorado is great. 90 something during the summer day = something light and refreshing. Then low 60s at 10 pm, switch to colder weather beers
AggieOO
I prefer my 60 degree winters.
hullabaloohank
Any sightings of CoF in CS yet??
La Fours
AG
Hank - not as of yesterday. Probably tomorrow.
Falcon85
AG
I'm not a big IPA fan, but do like the Lagunitas Undercover.
AlaskanAg99
AG
That Southern Star DIPA looks disgusting.

It's not Pale.
It's opaque.

Looks like a bad amber.
Echoes97
AG
New Real Ale brew for the band The Sword, called "Iron Swan":

It's an English style ale, pretty tasty. Great band and beer!

Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
maca1028
Picked up a CoF today but they only let me have one, won't be trying it until I pick up another one
First Page Last Page
Page 270 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.