Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,569,015 Views | 62489 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by La Fours
jah003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
quote:
Lol, I was working on a spreadsheet as we were typing. Here's the link. Anyone should be able to edit.

http://goo.gl/q1856h

The url is also now listed as the homepage in my profile

Hmm... I wasn't able to edit. Maybe it's just me?
NColoradoAG
Fixed it
BSD
AG
quote:
quote:
Damn, I need a Bama ticket.

No you don't, it is VERY likely I am going up just to tailgate

You may have a DD taking you up there!
maca1028
If I go to the bottle share I might not remember the game
The Beer and I
quote:
I don't think any 006 made it to CS yet.

That MOA looks interesting. How much was that bottle The Beer and I?

It was $5.50. I've heard good and bad things about it. I'v never had a beer from New Zealand, so I figured I finally buy it.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Trip to Santa Rosa was awesome. 4 days of sampling, drinking and visiting breweries left me very tired.

[This message has been edited by Phischy (edited 8/12/2013 7:25p).]
maca1028
Talked to the beer guy at specs Bay Area blvd in clear lake and they are expecting CoF tomorrow morning
The Beer and I
One for now, one for later. It's good, but I think I prefer the regular BBA Hellfighter though.
HTownAg98
Tried the Read Ale Brewer's Cut Kölsch. It tastes similar to a pilsner, and very crisp and clean. It's pretty good when it's 100 degrees outside and you don't want something hoppy.
BSD
AG
The Beer and I, how pronounced were the cherries? in your face? subtle?
BSD
AG
quote:
Trip to Santa Rosa was awesome. 4 days of sampling, drinking and visiting breweries left me very tired.

I think I liked the longer version better, the one where you killed the guy in Oakland and smoked his crack up in SF.
AlaskanAg99
AG
quote:
I think I liked the longer version better, the one where you killed the guy in Oakland and smoked his crack up in SF.

Ha, well while I wasn't smoking crack the homeless or nearly homeless were buying/smoking/tweaking out right across the street from the new Mikkeller Bar.

Hit Russian River BrewCo the 1st night and drank too much. Cabbed it back and forth. Blind Pig and Row 2, Hill 56 were amazing. The new Shadow of a Doubt Imp Porter was really good as were the sourz.

Next morning went to the RR production facility and Vinnie gave us a 2hr tour. Sampled some expiremental sour beers they're working on, saw the entire lineup and heard a ton about their quality control measures. I could live in the barrel room.

Then off to Moonlight to see the other side of brewing with Brian Hunt. Also really good beers made the 'old fashioned way'. Shot the **** and just chatted.

Lagunitas was next, but I took a nap in the car, the night before still hadn't let me be. Recharged by a nap we cabbed it back to RRBC for another night of eating/drinking...but everyone was wore out after 2 beers. Filled our growlers and left.

Saturday's tour fell through so we hit Napa to Downtown Joe's. Head brewer there is writing the new AHA book on water and we hoped to catch him, but he wasn't in. The owner was and gave us a tour, his facility was built by Brian (moonlight) 20+ years ago. Their pale was fantastic the rest was rather pedestrian.

Checked into our hotel in Oakland and BART'd it over to City Beer. Eh...was ok. Nothing there worth buying that we can't get in San Diego and it's all more expensive there in the city.

Walked over to Mikkeller bar for the grand opening. Had Cantillion on draft/cask, barrel aged beers and left with a much lighter wallet. Very cool place but very very expensive.

BART'd back to Oakland (which sucks) and walked down to the Trappist for dinner. That's a cool joint in a crappy city. From there we walked to Beer Revolution but their license closes at 11 and we arrived at 10:30. Thankfully the owners divorced and the ex-wife opened The Ould Depot right next door and her joint was open till 1am.

No idea how she managed that, but we continued to order tasty beers before stumbling home.

Sunday was off to Berkele to the Tripple Rock. I was feeling the effects so enjoyed my water and advil cocktail along with lunch. Another cool spot. And finally Drake's Barrel House where we had IPA's/barrel aged beers and sours.

From what I checked in on Untappd:

Airport: Lightning Brewing: Elemental Pislner

RRBC: Huge Large Czech Pils
Pliny the Elder
Shadow of a Doubt
Supplication
Blind Pig
OVL Stout
Row 2, Hill 56
Consecration
Temptation
Damnation

Moonlight:
Working for Tips
Santa's Tipple Ale
Death & Taxes
Reality Czech
Twist of Fate Bitter

Fou'Foune 2012

Downtown Joe's
Overdue Porter
Golden Ribbon Pale Ale

City Beer:
Marin-er Weisse
Extra Sour Black Dark Extra Batch Fantome
Sticky Zipper by Oakland Brewing
Gold Digger IPA by Auburn Alehouse

Drakes;
Aroma Coma
Jupiter OTC Pils

Mikkeller:
Parabola 2012
Maiden the Shade
**** Art-This is Architecture by To 01
Oude Geuze 1999 3 Fonteinen
Boogoop - 3 Floyds
Prairie Bomb, Prairie Artisan Ales

The Trappist
As Follows, by Stillwater

The Olde Depot
blue House citra by el Segundo
Santa's Little Helper
Rye Not, Auburn Alehouse
Rought Draft 2011, Alaskan Brewing

Tripple rock
Bug Juice

Not all were full pours, a lot of bottle sharing involved.
aggiejz
AG
I added a few things onto the Bama bottle share spreadsheet.. Need to check and see what I've got later today, may update that a bit.

Here it is again if you don't want to click back a page - http://goo.gl/q1856h

[This message has been edited by aggiejz (edited 8/13/2013 11:15a).]
wessimo
AG
I thought the cherries in the CoF were very prominent - nearly like drinking a cherry soda. I have read other reviews saying the cherry was barely noticeable. Maybe there are variations between batches or bottled vs. draught. (I had it on tap at the brewery).
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
The cherries were too much. Ruined the beer for me.
The Beer and I
quote:
The Beer and I, how pronounced were the cherries? in your face? subtle?

At first, they were fairly subtle. But became much more prominent as it warmed up. It didn't ruin the beer for me, but definitely not as good as the regular BBA in my opinion.
NColoradoAG
There's gonna be a lot of leftover beer at this pace. I doubt ill bring all 12 bottles to the tailgate. I'm taking a lot down to build up a little stockpile for the other 2-3 games I'm going to.
aggiejz
AG
Ha, yeah I may not bring everything I'm listing necessarily.. depends on how many people are planning to be there. Having like 6 people and 20+ bottles sounds like a nice way to not remember the actual game!
jah003
S
Yea... If there is too much delicious beer that I have to drink and I can't remember the game, I'm gonna be pissed!

I'm thinking maybe a couple of bombers a person would be a good amount. I may just save a growler (or a bomber) for after the game.
NColoradoAG
It all depends on how many show up and for how long. Bottleshare critical mass is around 10 people. You can really plow through some bottles at that point.

Ill be starting around 7:30am for anyone who's there early. Probably start with a speedway stout and bourbon county coffee to go with breakfast.

At some point I'm going to visit Jetch and check out the ridiculous looking beer contraption "the octobong"
DonaldFDraper
AG
I am down for Bama bottle sharing festivus... Any one have any DFW specific requests?

Also, any thought to sharing before the game or after or both?
jah003
S
I think we decided on before. I might be game for after, though. We usually hang out a few hours afterwards and let the traffic clear out. We set up shop at the Association of Former Students Center (by the big ring).

Although, a lot might depend on if A&M wins or not/if JFF plays or not.
aggiejz
AG
I think before is a definite, and then we can kind of play it by ear with after. You're definitely right about it depending on how the game goes. I am gonna try and get out there and join early in the AM.
cpscAG06
AG
I am in for Bama bottleshare as well.
maca1028
Anyone going to Memorial City/Bunker Hill HEB for the Firestone release?
Jock 07
AG
I can bring a couple of paradox bombers. Probably a bottle of their triple double and a bottle of their skully no 2. Gonna see if I can find the skully for a bit cheaper than the 20 I saw it at the other day. Or maybe a bottle of sucaba that I've had since California.

[This message has been edited by Jock 07 (edited 8/13/2013 3:09p).]
Two Down
AG
So haven't posted in a little while, but over the weekend, this happened, and it was absolutely delicious.

Then, yesterday, all this happened:

AND BEST OF ALL

Needless to say, the beer fridges are pretty well stocked now.
jetch17
AG
my hog resembles the tops of those Alesmith bottles at the sight of such a glorious stash ... enjoy yo'self
BSD
NColoradoAG
Nice haul there. I hope your Ebony and Oak isn't infected.
Two Down
AG
Definitely pleased with the haul - hoping I can make it to the Bama bottleshare and spread the wealth around.
Two Down
AG
NColorado - Was there a batch infected? Or is there some visual cue you are seeing?
BSD
AG
The Tart of Darkness and Pliny have me jonesin'.
Two Down
AG
Sorry for the tease BSD
BSD
AG
ha, don't worry about me. It's my own fault for reading this thread! Besides, I have a Tart in my fridge and will be at RRBC for a beer in 9 short weeks!
First Page Last Page
Page 269 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.