Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,676,339 Views | 62649 Replies | Last: 16 min ago by steve00
aggiejz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Down in Sugar Land for the afternoon so finally getting to check out Guru Burgers. Cool spot! Nice beer selection and a really tasty crepe, I've heard good things about their burgers too. Buff Bayou Wit X-Mas for $3? Yes please.

[This message has been edited by Aggiejz (edited 8/3/2013 4:12p).]
aggiejz
AG
Oh, and anyone down near Clear Lake - I've heard that Boondoggles has Icon Gold, so go try it!
jetch17
AG
Looks like Petrol got the dynasty ... Most Bitter Bar in America 2013
maca1028
quote:
Oh, and anyone down near Clear Lake - I've heard that Boondoggles has Icon Gold, so go try it!

Boondoggles
maca1028
Picked up a bottle of Terra Incognita and a six pack of devils backbone
The Beer and I
quote:
I need it to get cooler so I can start drinking through some Barleywines and RIS's.

I have a/c, so I can drink stouts and barleywines year 'round. I can also help you take care of that 'too much beer' problem.
aggiejz
AG
quote:
quote:

Boondoggles

I've never been, but I'll be down there tomorrow!
Linz02Ag
AG
jetch17
AG
Wishing I was having one of these on the beach in Hawaii tonight

MADDUD
Karbach Rodeo Clown
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Divine Reserve 12 aged for a little more than a year. Delicious.

Linz02Ag
AG
Just had a DR12 last night. It was divine

[This message has been edited by Linz02ag (edited 8/3/2013 8:08p).]
army01
AG
I'm on the wagon for a while. It fuggin sucks.
txaggie05
AG
What did you do...?
The Beer and I
quote:
I'm on the wagon for a while. It fuggin sucks.

Congratulations! Wait, you're on the wagon because you're pregnant, right?
army01
AG
I'm a dude, so no preggo.

As far as what I did -- I never lost the sympathy weight from the first pregnancy, and gained more with the subsequent one. As a result, coupled with my need to eat while drinking, I have to lose some weight. I am seven days in and 5 lbs lighter...so hopefully, I will only have to keep this up for another month.

In the mean time, I'll keep stocking the beer cabinet....
txaggie05
AG
Excellent. Keep it up!
The Beer and I
quote:
I'm a dude, so no preggo.

Since when can dudes not be preggo?
BSD
AG
*****! Come back when you have a real reason to not drink.
AggieOO
quote:
As far as what I did -- I never lost the sympathy weight from the first pregnancy, and gained more with the subsequent one. As a result, coupled with my need to eat while drinking, I have to lose some weight. I am seven days in and 5 lbs lighter...so hopefully, I will only have to keep this up for another month.

TERRIBLE timing. Football season is starting in less than a month.
army01
AG
quote:
*****! Come back when you have a real reason to not drink.

Hahaha....I know. I was worried when I went for my physical last month, but everything came back good, except weight and cholesterol.

As for timing, the first game is Rice, so I should be fine there...past that gets me through the month....I should be good and lit for Alabama.
aggiejz
AG
Trying beers from Community for the first time, pretty solid. Mosaic IPA is really tasty, although not Yellow Rose level of tasty, and the Wit is nice too.
62strat
AG
Heading to the Tine this week. Gonna have some space to bring back some beers. Any good sours, saisons, or Belgians (dark strongs, dubbels, or tripels) from Houston (or texas) breweries? I've been gone since last summer so I'm out of the loop.
Not any Texas breweries sold in CO that I can think of, with shiner being the exception.
jah003
S
quote:
Heading to the Tine this week. Gonna have some space to bring back some beers. Any good sours, saisons, or Belgians (dark strongs, dubbels, or tripels) from Houston (or texas) breweries? I've been gone since last summer so I'm out of the loop.
Not any Texas breweries sold in CO that I can think of, with shiner being the exception.

All of this is based on what I can currently get in Austin... I have no idea what has made it down that way.

Jester King: Salt Lick, Boxer's, Funk Metal, El Cedro (all sours)
Real Ale: Their "Brewers Cut" is pretty solid. Not sure what is sitting on the shelves, but I think 006, 007, & 008 are out there.

Can't speak much on the Houston breweries as we don't get them here, but special releases from Karbach, Southern Star, etc.

[This message has been edited by jah003 (edited 8/4/2013 12:00p).]
NColoradoAG

Shoulder went on the smoker a couple hours ago. Finishing the bomber of Three Floyds Moloko I opened last night.
aggiejz
AG
Grab Icon Gold if its on shelves. Not sure if it will be or not though, but it's tasty. Not much in terms of Houston sours, so Jester King will be your best bet if you can find some. Hit the Spec's in downtown/Midtown - they get new beer on Tuesdays.
BowSowy
AG
quote:
All of this is based on what I can currently get in Austin... I have no idea what has made it down that way.

Jester King: Salt Lick, Boxer's, Funk Metal, El Cedro (all sours)
Real Ale: Their "Brewers Cut" is pretty solid. Not sure what is sitting on the shelves, but I think 006, 007, & 008 are out there.

Can't speak much on the Houston breweries as we don't get them here, but special releases from Karbach, Southern Star, etc.

Note on JK: Their Salt Lick beer is called "Censored", and I don't think El Cedro is a sour. I don't venture down to the downtown Specs very often, but the only JK sour that I see elsewhere is the Salt Lick one. I see Boxer's Revenge from time to time, but I don't think it's currently being released.

I can't think of any notable saisons or sours from the Houston breweries. But you might be able to find one of Buffalo Bayou's Ginger Bread Stout. You may also be able to find some of Karbach's FUN 004 "Roll in the Hay" (Saison aged in White Wine barrels).

Depending on when you get here, you may be able to catch a couple of limited releases. St. Arnold's BB4 is being released a week from tomorrow, its a Weizenbock aged in bourbon barrels with cocoa nibs. Karbach's FUN 006 "Cherries of Fire" is supposed to be released soon, it's their BBH with cherries added to it.

[This message has been edited by RossK10 (edited 8/4/2013 1:17p).]
aggiejz
AG
I'll add a disclaimer on Karbach's Roll in the Hay... Just my opinion, obviously, but it's not worth the price tag. Pretty decent beer, but not at all worth the $14 cost.
BowSowy
AG
Oh, I agree. Unfortunately, it's hard to find a bomber of any of the Houston beers for less than $10-$12.
DaveHimself
AG
For Belgians, see if you can find any Adelberts. They are an Austin brewery but my cousin works there and I seem to remember him saying they deliver to Houston.
aggiejz
AG
Adelberts is definitely available here. Lots of it at Spec's downtown.
txaggie05
AG
In honor of football and Shark Week...Devil Dancer
jetch17
AG
Will likely have a Damnation later to sum up the latest JFF clusterF of the day
BSD
AG
JFF is going to make me start drinking again.
maca1028
I came here for an escape
First Page Last Page
Page 263 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.