Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,655,034 Views | 62636 Replies | Last: 36 min ago by maca1028
La Fours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I appreciate it.
The Beer and I
Growler of Yellow Rose for $11 is a great way to start the weekend!
aggiejz
AG
I really like Prairie's stuff, but this isn't my favorite. They call it a black Saison. Not really my jam I guess.

aggiejz
AG
Humble brag..

jetch17
AG
When does that drop? Next week?

I don't really get a boner for much Saint A anymore, but a Samson sounds decent
aggiejz
AG
I'm actually not sure to be honest.. But soon. Saw a place in Clear Lake supposedly has it on tap now. I know BB4 is the 12th. But yeah I'm not the biggest SA fan these days but I really like this one.
The Beer and I
quote:

Samson gives you a boner! Auto-correct strikes again!
NColoradoAG
quote:
Just had a surette & undercover @ trinity brewing. Any of you colorado people know anything about their red swingline sour IPA. Sounds really interesting but for the price of heir bottles I rather have a little bit of insight on it before I just throw down the cash for it

Worth it at the new prices, which should be $16-$18. It's one of the best beers I've had this year. I'd actually like you to buy some for me if there's any left down there.
NColoradoAG

Crooked Stave Musty Cedar Box. Lots of whiskey barrel going on in this guy, but not as sour as some might expect. Pretty good overall.
dave99ag
AG
Just spent a three-plus hour tour of a few of Seattle's breweries. Hit up Georgetown, Overlanders, and Hilliards. All different levels of microbrew; all really good!
jetch17
AG
quote:
quote:

Samson gives you a boner! Auto-correct strikes again!

Sh*t

B***h! You know what I want..... I WANNA TALK TO SAMSON!
NColoradoAG
quote:
B***h! You know what I want..... I WANNA TALK TO SAMSON!

Fly me to the moon like that ***** Alice Kramden
BSD
AG
Samson is not amused.

jetch17
AG
That's a tiddy .... YIKES!
The Beer and I
**** just got real.
BSD
AG
First of all to understand what happened to killer, you gotta understand who killer the dog was. Now killer was born to a three-legged ***** of a mother. He was always ashamed of this, man. And then right after that he's adopted by this man, Tito Liebowitz he's a small time gun runner and a rotweiler fight promoter. So he puts killer into training. They see killer's good. He is damn good. But then he had the fight of his life. They pit him against his brother nibbles. And killer said "no man that's my brother, I can't fight nibbles" but they made him fight anyway, and killer, he killed nibbles. Killer said "that's it!" he called off all his fights, and he started doing crack, and he freaked out. Then in a rage, he collapsed, and his heart no longer beat. wow.

Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:
Just had a surette & undercover @ trinity brewing. Any of you colorado people know anything about their red swingline sour IPA. Sounds really interesting but for the price of heir bottles I rather have a little bit of insight on it before I just throw down the cash for it

Worth it at the new prices, which should be $16-$18. It's one of the best beers I've had this year. I'd actually like you to buy some for me if there's any left down there.

Done. They're releasing the latest next Fri at 5 and as long as my work schedule doesn't interfere I'll be there to grab a few bottles. Supposedly there are still a few bottles around town from the last release.
defroach
What the hell did BSD just post?
62strat
AG
quote:

I just drank the swingline tonight. Honestly I had no idea it was a sour. Label says ipa. I realized after first taste, small print on label says lactobacillus and bretomyces yeast (I botched these spellings).

It tasted like a sour, hard to compare to others really, they all taste the same to me.
La Fours
AG
quote:
What the hell did BSD just post?

It's from the movie half baked.
maca1028
Back up Nasty Nate, this is my b****!
BSD
AG
I may have that Killer vs Nibbles poster printed and hang it in my game room. All I need is a high res file of it.
The Beer and I
No need for high res, just use your photoshop skills to make it look like a vintage poster.
jetch17
AG
An autocorrect derailment!

I shall try and have some beverages today to get this ho back on track... And also maybe enjoy some buttered stuff...or butternuts
BSD
AG
quote:
No need for high res, just use your photoshop skills to make it look like a vintage poster.

I have no photoshop skills
BSD
AG
quote:
An autocorrect derailment!

I shall try and have some beverages today to get this ho back on track... And also maybe enjoy some buttered stuff...or butternuts

BUTTERCUP!!!!

maca1028
HE WAS DIABETIC!!!
aggiejz
AG
There was a FIREFIGHT!!!!!!!

Wait. What's happening here? Are we not just yelling random things? Oh.
NColoradoAG
LOUD NOISES!!!!!!
NColoradoAG
quote:
I just drank the swingline tonight. Honestly I had no idea it was a sour. Label says ipa. I realized after first taste, small print on label says lactobacillus and bretomyces yeast (I botched these spellings).

It tasted like a sour, hard to compare to others really, they all taste the same to me.

I imagine the dry hopping has faded significantly on the most recent batch. It came out in January or February. It was really interesting when it was fresh. It had a nice citrusy hop character that blended well with the lactic sourness.
maca1028
Thanks for getting us back on track NOCO
CollinAB
AG
At Karbach today. Damn, it's hot.
aggiechris06
AG
Real Ale/The Sword Iron Swan.... perfect for inducing a post-call nap!
jah003
S
Had a Prairie Hop Last night... I was pleasantly surprised. Only issue... Holy Head Batman! I ended up with about 1/4 of a glass beer and the rest head. I'm wondering if this is how all Prairie Ales are...?

Also, spent a few hours cataloging my cellar today (Excel spreadsheet and everything). I've come to the conclusion that I have too much beer (if that's even a thing). I need it to get cooler so I can start drinking through some Barleywines and RIS's.
wessimo
AG
Drinking a Hans' Pils on this hot afternoon
First Page Last Page
Page 262 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.