Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,673,734 Views | 62644 Replies | Last: 31 min ago by Quincey P. Morris
La Fours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I came here for an escape

Me too dammit.

And 62, I disagree with the posters who said Karbach Roll in the hay isn't worth the price. I think it is a fantastic beer. And if you are driving from CO, swing through CS and you should be able to find some at the specs here. No good sours available right now. JK is the only brewery that really makes them and they haven't released any recently.
Jock 07
AG
Hey NColorado how you doin up there tonight? Just saw y'all got a pretty decent size storm up there tonight.
army01
AG
quote:
JFF is going to make me start drinking again.

True that.
NColoradoAG
quote:

Hey NColorado how you doin up there tonight? Just saw y'all got a pretty decent size storm up there tonight.

The storm was yesterday. It came out of nowhere. There were some reports of a touchdown about 2 miles southeast of us. It was minor and wasn't on the ground more than a minute at most, if at all.

I was actually at New Belgium for the tour with some Beer Threaders when it hit Greeley. Wife, daughter, and one of her friends hunkered down for about 45 minutes. Probably gonna need the roof to be replaced, but insurance will cover that. My flower beds and landscaping in the front were fairly shredded. It looked like it had snowed once it was all said and done.

Luckily, we didn't get the worst of it. Brother in laws work truck will probably be totaled and they had some windows break. Another friend had some skylights shattered. Plenty of hail damaged cars will be on sale this week up this way. I wish I knew a paintless dent repair guy who'd give me a deal.

[This message has been edited by NColoradoAG (edited 8/4/2013 10:54p).]
62strat
AG
Damn NOCO, I was checking that storm out yesterday from my deck. It looked like hell was moving in. We just got about an hour of rain, so guess it didn't make it that far down. I'll have to check in with my coworkers to see if everyone and our shop is all right up in G town. I'm down in Houston for the week.

La fours, I flew in to Houston.
The Beer and I
It's already been a long hour at work today. Espn, every local tv and radio station, and I-workers are non-stop JFF. I am already thinking about what I am going to drink when I get home.
jetch17
AG
^
this
jetch17
AG
just this label bones me up ... oughta be tasty

BSD
AG
I'm going to need a tissue after seeing that.
The Beer and I
Sounds awesome and can't wait to get. Name is lame as **** though.
jh0400
AG
Is there a larger image available? I'm having trouble making out the fine print.
jetch17
gordo97
AG
can't wait to find out the release date for that motha! karbach is da bomb!
Linz02Ag
AG
I still have a Bodacious (001) and Roll in the Hay (004)
BSD
AG
quote:
Name is lame as **** though.

Agreed. Cherry Pop or something of that nature would have been more appropriate. Allll riiiiight. Gigiddy.
BSD
AG
I just got word that I have a RRBC Shadow of a Doubt Imperial Porter waiting for me in Cali when I head out there this fall. My buddy is sitting at the pub right now getting blitzed.

[This message has been edited by BSD (edited 8/5/2013 1:55p).]
jetch17
The Beer and I
quote:
My buddy is sitting at the pub right now getting blitzed.

He must be tired/depressed/bored of the JFF news too.
jetch17
AG
if i was at the RRBC pub i wouldnt give a single F about JFF
streetfighter2012
AG
Karbach just posted that 006 Cherries of Fire begins distribution next week.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Funny enough, I'll be at RRBC this Thursday night and Friday all day. Then Moonlight Brewing at Lagunitas before heading back to the city to visit another 3 or 4 breweries until our flight home Sunday.
BSD
AG
Lagunitas sells Moonlight?
jetch17
AG
Aug12 is the COF release
La Fours
AG
quote:
I still have a Bodacious (001) and Roll in the Hay (004)

I need to pick up another 004 to hold on too. Then I'll have 002-005. I drank my only Bodacious. I wish I could get another.
aggiejz
AG
So BB4 and COF both on the 12th. And Firestone Walker supposed to start showing up at bars then as well. T&P for my bank account, liver, and probably sanity next week.
jetch17
AG
jah003
S
Finally decided to start working on the cellar and had a 2013 Parabola with a few friends last night.

A really, really great beer (as expected). Lots of chocolate, coffee, bourbon, and a nice lingering barrel flavor. I'm curious to see what the other 3 in my cellar do as time goes on. I still preferred the '12 Abyss I had earlier this year to the Parabola. I'm always a little biased towards the Abyss, though.
MADDUD
Just got back from the Port A Brewing Company. Had the sampler paddles. All of the beers were very weak and tastiest. Good thing they had a decent micro brew menu there. Went with the deschutes mirror pond pale ale. Also have a variety pack of left hand brews back at the condo.
jetch17
AG
Port A Brewing sucked weenus when we went
MADDUD
* tasteless
AlaskanAg99
AG
Ha, no, Lagunitas doesn't sell Moonlight. Should have been 'and' not 'at'.

Lineup:

Russian River Brewing (with tour w/ Vinnie at the production location)
Lagunitas Brewing
Moonlight Brewing (this one is still iffy)
Heretic Brewing
Drakes Barrel House
Zip around on the BART hitting bars, possibly the new Mikkeller Bar that opens this weekend but as I can't stand their beer and their prices are high I hope we're not there for long.
Beer Revolution

This is what I know so far, I'm not planning it, just along for the ride. Come home Sunday and wring the liver out before work on Monday.
BSD
AG
Ah, that makes sense. You can always have lunch at Flavor Bistro in Santa Rosa to try the Moonlight beers. They have a pretty good selection there and the food is worthwhile.

That's cool you're doing the tour with Vinnie! I may try to do that next year with some of our winemaking friends who love his beer. Sounds like a good trip. Looking forward to seeing the recap on here.
The Beer and I
Finally getting into something I picked up from BSD. Thanks again bud!
Ags #1
AG
Had dog fish head 61 minute ipa, it was terrible
txaggie05
AG
Terrible is a strong word, but it wasnt anywhere near what I was expecting.
First Page Last Page
Page 264 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.