Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,678,674 Views | 62658 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by Kyle98
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Always wanted to try this but didn't want to buy a whole 4 pack. Found it a couple weeks ago as a single and grabbed it. Pretty interesting beer but not sure I'd want to buy an entire 4 pack of it. Maybe once a year.

Jock 07
AG
Oh yeah, anyone know anything about Ale Smith? They have a bunch of stuff that looks pretty interesting but its a little bit more expensive than comparable competitors offerings
corndog04
AG
I've had quite a few AleSmith beers. I've never been disappointed by one, but they are definitely a bit overpriced if you compare to beers of similar style and quality.
corndog04
AG
quote:
i was golfing over there two hours ago. damnit.

They tapped at 5:00pm, last pour was prob 5:15. They sold out of tokens closer to 4:30 - luckily I convinced my sweet wife to head up there early since I wasn't able to get out of work very early.
BSD
AG
I like the Alesmith Speedway stout and all of its variants.

[This message has been edited by Bsd (edited 3/13/2013 11:31p).]
corndog04
AG
quote:
Always wanted to try this but didn't want to buy a whole 4 pack. Found it a couple weeks ago as a single and grabbed it. Pretty interesting beer but not sure I'd want to buy an entire 4 pack of it. Maybe once a year.

I can't pinpoint what I like so much about it, but I could drink Midas Touch every day. I'm also a big fan of the Birra Etrusca as far as the DFH archaeological beers go.
NColoradoAG
I've only had the IPA and Speedway stout from Alesmith. The IPA is worth a try, but not markedly better than other IPAs you could get. Speedway Stout, however, is the tits.

Yulesmith is a really popular seasonal from them as well. I believe they do a summer and winter variation.
TxKng82
AG
Big fan of DFH Midas Touch. Goes down pretty easy for me which gets dangerous with the ABV.

Also, for the Houston area folks. See Southern Star Black Crack has hit stores. Been wanting try this but like others it's coming with an expensive price tag. HEB has it for $12, and its a 16 ouncer. So similar to DFH 120 in price.

[This message has been edited by TxKng82 (edited 3/14/2013 2:09p).]
jetch17
AG
i think ill have to at least try 1 Black Crack. Plus it probably tastes better than DFH120, which i will likely not purchase again.
wessimo
AG
$12 for 16oz? Stop the insanity.
TxKng82
AG
Reviews I've heard so far have been good. Plus I know it's a different style stout than the Bishop's Barrel #1 but loved that one.

Yeah $12 for a 16oz sucks, just stopped by Rockwells in Cypress to grab a beer on the way home. They are going to have it in bottles and are going to be selling it for $18!!!
TxKng82
AG
Definitely will at least try 1 Black Crack. It's one of my favorite styles.

Not the same style but I had a hard time pulling the trigger on DFH Immort Ale the past few weeks for $18 a 4 pack but have heard too many good thigns about it, had to at least try it.

[This message has been edited by TxKng82 (edited 3/14/2013 4:37p).]
62strat
AG
quote:
quote:
I've got tokens for two 10-oz. Pliny the Younger pours at Roscoe's in Portland tonight!

Enjoy! It's a damn good beer no matter what Strat says!!

Damn I've caught a lot of flack for that one!

I did a side by side of elder and younger, and I almost wanna say I think I liked Elder better.
Vander
AG
Who else has tried the Don Jalepeno Ale from No Label Brewing Co.? Absolutely awesome beer, but then again everything I've ever had from No Label has been amazing.
jetch17
AG
I tried it last year and it was ass.
jetch17
AG
... Then again I'm not big on these pepper beers, most have been terrible
jh0400
AG
quote:
Who else has tried the Don Jalepeno Ale from No Label Brewing Co.? Absolutely awesome beer, but then again everything I've ever had from No Label has been amazing.

I've had it and thought it was terrible.
NColoradoAG
Watching the game. Hope we can live to fight another day. Been a rough season.

Jock 07
AG
Any of you california travelers ever been to boneyard bistro in LA? Supposedly has a decent beer selection and good but expensive, bbq.

[This message has been edited by Jock 07 (edited 3/14/2013 11:26p).]
army01
AG
First beer in 10 days or so...

[This message has been edited by Army01 (edited 3/15/2013 4:53a).]
BSD
AG
Slacker.

BSD
AG
quote:
i think ill have to at least try 1 Black Crack. Plus it probably tastes better than DFH120, which i will likely not purchase again.

Picked up some Black Crack yesterday at HEB.
spadilly
S
Found Black Crack at Spring Valley Specs. $12.

At that price, I've decided I'm saving it for a somewhat special occasion
spadilly
S
The same Spec's also had Worthington's White Shield, which is now cooling down in the fridge for this weekend.

BSD
AG
Spadilly, they were out of Black Crack yesterday afternoon when I got there so I ran over to HEB and got lucky.

Let us know how the Worthingtons treats you, and I'll go back for it.
jetch17
AG
Enjoy By on tap is a glorious thing.
gordo97
AG
who would like some iron maiden ale?

http://money.cnn.com/2013/03/15/news/companies/iron-maiden-beer/

quote:
The famed London-based band, which has been around for nearly 40 years, is collaborating with a venerable British brewery to produce its own beer, named Trooper after one of Iron Maiden's classic songs.

Iron Maiden and Robinsons, a 175-year-old family-owned U.K. brewery, plan to release Trooper in May.

AggieOO
sippin on PBR. only thing i have that's cold and not extremely heavy.

plus, i'm about to head down to the madness of sxsw, so i figure i might as well hipster it up with my beer.
Sazerac
AG
quote:
Ale Smith

one of my favorites, wear the shirt, done the tour. Impossible to get in TX

No Label has been terrible for me, just like bad homebrew.

Rodeo Clown is the only beer ive had from Houston that i would rate as good. I do drink their hopadillo and their saison is true to style. Dont care for St A's at all.

On the Pliny topic, i think Elder is the best IPA, and one of the top few beers.
62strat
AG
quote:
who would like some iron maiden ale?

[url]http://money.cnn.com/2013/03/15/news/companies/iron-maiden-beer/ [/url]

quote:
The famed London-based band, which has been around for nearly 40 years, is collaborating with a venerable British brewery to produce its own beer, named Trooper after one of Iron Maiden's classic songs.

Iron Maiden and Robinsons, a 175-year-old family-owned U.K. brewery, plan to release Trooper in May.

Eh I'd rather some pearl jam beer!
jetch17
AG
Dig that goose is everywhere down here now

dave99ag
AG
Beer haul from Michigan includes Founders Breakfast Stout, Curmudgeon, Centennial IPA and Imperial Stout. Also found brews from Bells, New Holland and Arcadia Ales. Throw in a Stone 16th Anniversary to round it all out.

My fiance loved the Breakfast Stout. While very good, I liked the Curmudgeon more. Really glad they are coming down to Texas now.

TxKng82
AG
quote:
Dig that goose is everywhere down here now

Need to go pick me up some. Haven't seen any around me yet.
AggieOO
Only saw the 750 Belgians tonight from goose. Any feedback on those? The saisons looked appealing.
jah003
S
quote:
Only saw the 750 Belgians tonight from goose. Any feedback on those? The saisons looked appealing.

Both Sofie and Pepe Nero are solid. I really enjoyed both. However, I did have both before goose island was bought out. (Not sure if that makes a difference or not)
First Page Last Page
Page 187 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.