Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,674,861 Views | 62646 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Jock 07
MADDUD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A buddy of mine just gave me an Abyss from 2010. What can I expect? Will it still be good?
NColoradoAG
It will be fantastic if it was stored properly. I had 08-12 at a tasting recently and 10 was killer. 09 is infected.
La Fours
AG
quote:
A buddy of mine just gave me an Abyss from 2010. What can I expect? Will it still be good?

It's going to be terrible. I'll do you a favor and take it off our hands.

BSD
AG
For $1000, we can finally have Gnome Foam!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1188103694/prairie-artisan-ales-barrel-aged-beers

(albeit the brew will be okie based)

Edited for dumbassesness.

[This message has been edited by Bsd (edited 3/12/2013 5:28p).]
BSD
AG
Got a few goodies in today:

NColoradoAG
Blueberry is one of my favorite sours. Their Kriek is one of the sourest of the sour.
BSD
AG
Tasting thru these should be interesting. I barely remember being at the brewery when I was in PDX.
jetch17
AG
Pimpalicious
streetfighter2012
AG
Dogfish 75 ipa tonight. I kinda wish I had some 60, 90, and 120 for side by side tastings.
BSD
AG
Celebrating a productive day

La Fours
AG
No beer for a while for me. Upper respiratory infection. On huge horse pills of antibiotics.
jetch17
AG
Pansy
txaggie05
AG
Pulled out a Burton Baton that was bottled in November. Have 2 more from that batch aging. Will probably do 1 at 6 months and the other at 12. God I love that beer.
hbc07
AG
quote:
So I bought the new Voodoo Doughnut Rogue. I know y'all didn't like the first one. But I decided to let my inner fat kid pick a beer.
i saw cases and cases of it, but successfully fought the temptation to buy one... let me know how it is.
Jock 07
AG
Anybody know anything about eagle rock in LA? I think I'm gonna be hittin it up this weekend
proudaggie02
AG
quote:
I picked up a bunch of pale ales to try: GD Orabelle

I like this beer a lot, but it will always be "Clayton Bigsby" to me. It was originally called Clayton Bigsby when they rolled it out in their taproom, but I guess they had to change it for PC reasons when they produced it for stores.

jetch17
AG
Bunker HEB has a sh*t-ton of Goose

proudaggie02
AG
I'm planning a trip to the liquor store to restock my bomber inventory, with an emphasis on value. Any suggestions?

I live in Denver, and most of my inventory is heavy, winter beers (several Great Divide Yetis, Wake up Dead by Left Hand, and some bourbon-aged stouts and ales). I like just about every type of beer, but I drink IPAs the least (ie- I don't dislike them, but I want them less than others). Here are some of the beers I have in my list to get:

Bear Republic- Hop Rod Rye
Stone- Arrogant B, Ruination
Lagunitas- Hop Stoopid, possibly more
Victory- Helios
Firestone Walker- DBA, Double Jack

*Also, I will likely add quite a few Colorado bombers as the majority of my beer consumption is from CO beers.
62strat
AG
Maybe some saisons/farmhouse ales for the warmer winter coming here shortly.

And can never go wrong with some Belgians. Again with warmer weather, could go the belgian golden strong route. But dark strongs are always tasty.

Don't know about value though, belgians are always pricey, though they are higher abv.
proudaggie02
AG
^
I just saw that Great Divide has a Belgian White coming out soon. Considering that Great Divide is one of my favorite breweries & I tend to really like Belgians, I look forward to this beer.
proudaggie02
AG
62strat,

I was in Old Town Arvada last week, so I decided to try the tasting room at Arvada Beer Company. The barrel-aged stout was not good at all, but they had a butter pecan gold that was really good.
62strat
AG
I've been out there only once, we went to the Yak and Yeti. I remember it being just so so, and the place kinda smelled funny hah.

Pretty close to there though is hops and pie, a bit southeast closer to town. That place was really good, pizza was very unique, and a great tap list. Damn we had this appetizer, some cheesy break stuff, but it was amazing.
BSD
AG
quote:
Bunker HEB has a sh*t-ton of Goose

If only they had bourbon county...
jetch17
AG
Fo real yo
corndog04
AG
Haven't been here in awhile, but have to come by to brag.

I've got tokens for two 10-oz. Pliny the Younger pours at Roscoe's in Portland tonight!
fav13andac1)c
AG
Enjoying a Full Sail Session tonight.

Simple. Smooth. Delicious.
NColoradoAG
Proud, those are good choices, but be sure to check the dates on those. I've been burned a lot, even in Denver, on old bottles of hop rod,hop stoopid, and double jack.

I like Strats reco on the saisons. Can't go wrong with Tank 7. River North has some great offerings as well. And you can't go wrong with Crooked Stave, although they're a bit pricey. CS just released a new version of Saison Vieille that was dry hopped with citra. Haven't had it yet, but heard great things.

Yes, BSD, I'll get you some. I'm going to the tap room next Friday.

[This message has been edited by NColoradoAG (edited 3/13/2013 7:30p).]
BSD
AG
Sir, here is a check with my name on it. Write down any number on this piece of paper and I will pay it.

bmc13
AG
green flash Serrano stout currently at sugar land saucer. very good.
jetch17
AG
Left in fridge over the weekend by some friends... Not bad, not great

BSD
AG
That's gotta be better than that horse piss you were drinking earlier.
BSD
AG
quote:
I've got tokens for two 10-oz. Pliny the Younger pours at Roscoe's in Portland tonight!

Enjoy! It's a damn good beer no matter what Strat says!!
sixiron
AG
Southern Star Pine Belt Ale for me tonight.
jetch17
AG
quote:
That's gotta be better than that horse piss you were drinking earlier.

hbc07
AG
quote:

i was golfing over there two hours ago. damnit.
First Page Last Page
Page 186 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.