Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,678,963 Views | 62662 Replies | Last: 50 min ago by Kyle98
La Fours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Having an Ommegang Hennepin. It's pretty good. I'm still new to saisons. But this one is good.
khkman22
AG
Celebrating Texas Independence Day with my Amarillo (by Morning) Pale Ale kit from Midwest Supplies. Only been in the bottle for two weeks, but it tastes pretty good. I think it would be a pretty good house pale ale, especially if you have friends and family that don't like to get too exotic with their beers.
WorkBoots09
AG
I picked up a Rogness porter, raison d'ĂȘtre, and wake up dead imperial stout from specs earlier. Will crack open the Rogness in a few minutes. Davehimself, I'll head back to WOB on Wednesday for trivia night if you feel like talking homebrew.
NColoradoAG
quote:
A bitter bomb is the worst palate cleanser you could possibly use! It completely desensitizises your taste buds.

That was somewhat of a joke. But also when youre drinking 15% abv barrel aged imperial stouts, a nice clean ipa is a good change of pace.
wessimo
AG
Karbach barn burner is good stuff.
streetfighter2012
AG
Anyone know what else Karbach has up their sleeves? The website shows two seasonals and three limited release beers as "coming soon".
WorkBoots09
AG
The Rogness was a good beer. Decent body, dark chocolate nose and a good caramel linger. I think I wanted it to be a little thicker.

Enjoying the Raison d'ĂȘtre right now. Veeerry interesting. Nice sweetness and a faint raisin aftertaste. I like it. I will definitely be getting this in the future.
Jock 07
AG
The tap list of beers that I was sampling at firestone today

wessimo
AG
The next karbach seasonal is a kolsch. Cant wait to try it.
WorkBoots09
AG
I finished the night with the wake up dead. Holy overwhelmed taste buds batman, there was so much going on! I didn't dislike it, but I was NOT ready for that kind of complexity. If I get it again in the future, I think I'll let it cellar for a year or three.
NColoradoAG
Jock, thoughts? I had sour opal a few weeks ago and liked it. Sucaba is awesome. Interested to see if you tried sticky monkey and PNC. I hear that sticky monkey and velvet merkin may be the next two anniversary blend beers to go into distro, a la Parabola and Double Double Barrel Ale. If memory serves me correct, PNC is tequila barrel aged. Sticky monkey seems to be a favorite of FW heads. Personally, they're one of my favorite breweries.
DaveHimself
AG
Workboots - we got a late start and didn't finish brewing until about 1:15, so we didn't make it to WoB last night. I am not on Untappd (don't have it for my Windows phone).
BSD
AG
quote:
The tap list of beers that I was sampling at firestone today

You're pretty close to Paso aren't you? I'd love to go to their Invitational this year but I'll be on vacation.

[This message has been edited by Bsd (edited 3/3/2013 6:02p).]
jetch17
AG
Good stuff, thanks Lafours

Jock 07
AG
NColorado, unfortunately they had just floated the opal earlier in the day while I was golfing. I really really enjoyed the the Rufus and a couple other Brett's they didn't have listed on their list. They didn't have the monkey either which I was pretty bummed out about. The hell dorado was really interesting and #66 bout put me on my ass. They also had their 16 anniversary on tap which was really good and extremely complex. I just wish they were open during the week so I could slide over there after work. I'm not up here on the weekends very often since I'm spending a lot of time down in LA with the fiancé on the weekends.
BSD, yeah I'm realitively close to paso but alas I'll be gone on to the springs by the time of the invotational.
NColoradoAG
Fiancé? When did that happen? Congrats, nonetheless!
Jock 07
AG
Thanks man, couple weeks ago, she's doing an internship as part of her masters degree down in LA.
La Fours
AG
quote:
Good stuff, thanks Lafours

You are welcome.

Just opened this. And damn is it tasty. Thank you very much.
Jock 07
AG
I know I'm late to the show on this one, but this is what I'm sippin on tonight

jetch17
AG
Jock, whats the verdict at this point on the Brux? ive got 2 and doing a little fridge cleanout this week, may drink one now and leave one for later as alot of ppl say to age it. May pop one tonight for sh*ts.....
La Fours
AG
Any one here in BCS have a wine shipper they want to sell me? I am hoping to get a friend in SFO to send some Pliny and Cantillon.
BSD
AG
Damn, La Fours. I could have sent a dozen up with Jetch on Saturday.
army01
AG
quote:
whats the verdict at this point on the Brux?

I had a bottle when it first came out last summer. Thought it was decent. I have another bottle aging right now. Will propably crack that one open in 6 months or so.
Jock 07
AG
I thought it was decent. Seemed it was more of a Belgian with a hint of sour in the background. Probably wont buy another bottle
La Fours
AG
BSD, yeah, the thought didn't occur to me until Sunday. But I did find a bottle shop in SFO that has both RRBC and Cantillon. So I'm hoping he can grab some for me.
jetch17
AG
You're right, Jock ... Not bad at this stage, doesn't blow out my zipper, though

Vernada
AG
quote:
Mark April 8 on your calendars, as we have excellent news today from Michigan.

An email just landed announcing that Founders Brewing Co. is expanding distribution to Texas.

“Texas is an up-and-coming market, and we’re impressed with what we’re seeing there,” CEO Mike Stevens says in the statement. “We’ve been getting more and more inquiries from Founders fans in Texas over the past couple of years. 
 Now the time is right.”

Yes, indeed.

Ben E. Keith will handle distribution, which will start with all year-round and seasonal beers available on draft beginning in April, followed by bottles in May.

Since specialty releases will follow on Founders’ regular schedule, according to the release, Texans now have something else to look forward to next fall: Breakfast Stout.

JamesConeyGrogan
I bet jetch would like that news, know what I'm talking about?
jah003
S
It's here... and it's glorious!

Engine10
AG
Any thoughts here on Shiner FM 966? Apparently it's a new seasonal for them
Vernada
AG
quote:

Yes. I believe I do know what you are talking about.
jkn09
AG
quote:
Any thoughts here on Shiner FM 966? Apparently it's a new seasonal for them

Nothing groundbreaking, but very drinkable. Kinda what I've come to expect from Shiner.
NColoradoAG
I'd definitely be interested in trading or buying some bottles of the Whiskey Barrel Pecan. Hit me up here or via PM.
duck79
AG
Veranda,

Founders will be on draft starting April 15th in Texas and package a few weeks later. I know the article says the 8th but right now it is planned to launch to retail a week later.
BSD
AG
quote:

Talmbout!
First Page Last Page
Page 183 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.