Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,674,575 Views | 62646 Replies | Last: 11 min ago by Jock 07
jh0400
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I tried Impulse a few weeks ago and didn't care for it.

Also, I just saw this;

txaggie05
AG
YES. I am a sloot for Black IPAs.

Had some Old Ruffian when I was at Great Divide last week in Denver. Good stuff.
62strat
AG
I'll post again for some visibility:

any Denver ags want to meet up and try our luck at the PtY tapping at cheeky monk today? 6:30 pm.. first come first serve. I'm thinking I'm going to give it a shot
dave99ag
AG
I walked past Cheeky Monk several times this weekend. If only they had PtY then.
NColoradoAG
Strat, tonight would be a good night because Freshcraft is also doing a tapping at 6pm. Should be plenty to go around.

I won't be down. I plan to use a few of my pour tickets on Younger at Avery Strong Ale fest tomorrow.
OBannonsPub
AG
We are tapping this beauty at the pub NOW!

Sponsor Message: "Life is short…drink good beer." See what’s going on at the pub at O'Bannon's Tap House
jetch17
AG
Will be stopping by Obannons this Saturday while in CS for the day
La Fours
AG
Yo, Jetch, hit me up when you are in town. I might join you for a beer. I picked up 3 bottles of Enjoy By at Specs today.
jetch17
CollinAB
AG
I grabbed two bottles of Enjoy By at the CS Specs also. Enjoying one right now. It's damn good. Very floral nose, nice piney taste with good citrus and maybe some lemon on the finish. When did you go?

[This message has been edited by CollinAB (edited 2/28/2013 10:36p).]
WorkBoots09
AG
I ventured over to World of Beer in Arlington last night, and had Old Rasputin, Old Chub, Storm King, and finished it all off with Lakewood's The Temptress. I was really surprised with how sweet temptress was. It got better as it warmed, but it was almost like drinking pure chocolate for a while.

Edit for Lakeside/wood

[This message has been edited by WorkBoots09 (edited 3/1/2013 11:19a).]
62strat
AG
Well I can check this one off this list. Unlike GABF, I very likely wouldn't seek this out in future years. It's a great beer, but if it were a blind test with 5 other IIPAs, it wouldn't stand out (as it shouldn't.. it's a well made IIPA to style guidelines)

Anyway, got to the cheeky monk at 4:30, pretty empty bar, but my ticket number was 32 (out of about 70 pours). Uncle and I got a spot at the bar. Had a Affligem Blonde to start, then a funkwerks saison (both only $5). Apps were 1/2 off too, so we got some fries (Belgian Frites) and 'fancy' fried cheese (Belgian croquettes) for $7 total.

At tapping time, 6:30, they offered the bar first, and we happen to sit right next to where PtY ended up being, so I had the fourth pour. $10 for 8.5 ounces.

Was all poured in 35 minutes (8 month pregnant lady was doing the pours... into pitchers first, then into chalice.)

They had Elder too, so I asked for a sippy of it to do a side by side.. They are def. very similar.

After that, uncle asked if they'd let out the tap handle for photo ops, so it got whored around the bar for a while. Bartender never took his eye off it for a second hah.

They said their first tapping on monday was first come first serve, and it was much more chaos.. people in line not getting a pour, crazy long line out the place, etc.

So the ticket system def. works. If you don't have a ticket, you aren't getting a pour. Tickets were gone by about 5:30ish I wanna say? So they lasted an hour. Being at the bar, we got to hear the many disappointed people complaining to the bar that they didn't know about the tickets. One lady said 'I was here at 5, and I wasn't sure what to do, I don't even know what this beer thing is'. As if that would make you sympathize with her. If you didn't know what this 'beer thing' is, then you really didn't need a ticket anyway.. save them for people who came here for it. Then she gave the sad puppy dog face, but bartender said, sorry there's nothing I can do.

All in all, $23 for three beers including a younger and some fries and fried cheese to split.. no too shabby.

[This message has been edited by 62strat (edited 3/1/2013 12:45p).]
Green Fairy
AG
BB Hellfighter to start the day at Luckys followed by copious Lone Stars. A&m vs UohH at minute maid to follow at 7p. You Houston hoolihoos come join us.
gordo97
AG
so it looks like you got so drunk that you put PtY stickers all over your face huh
62strat
AG
hah.. yeh. It's a lot harder to drive like that than you would think
clobby
AG
Dales and Amendment 21's IPA tonight
La Fours
AG
I grabbed a 4 pack of Green Flash Palate Wrecker, 4 pack of Rodeo Clown and a bomber of Hennepin. Plus 3 more bottles of Enjoy By.
turfman80
AG
Starting off with a few Nugget Nectars and then moving on to Hoponius Union from Jack's Abby in MA
turfman80
AG
Starting off with a few Nugget Nectars and then moving on to Hoponius Union from Jack's Abby in MA
Two Down
AG
My beer fridge was getting lonely so after a ton of driving today, here is what I have to show for it.

It's starting to look nice and fat again.

Also have several Jester King brews in the dry bar I'm looking forward to.
BSD
AG
quote:

Is Nugget Nectar seasonal? I have a few on the way and if I remember correctly, I got some this same time last year.
BSD
AG
Nice, two down. It's good weather for that Old Rasputin. I had a couple of glasses and BRC the other day and it's tasty.
BSD
AG
Tonight's deliciousness:

jetch17
AG
Not bad

WorkBoots09
AG
Here's my Friday night

Pretty nice. Also had a Breckenridge 471 IPA and a Lagunitas IPA

Posting from your phone is hard with beer. Just drink plenty and it'll look right.

[This message has been edited by WorkBoots09 (edited 3/1/2013 9:20p).]
62strat
AG
Had a great divide calette farmhouse, a left hand milk stout on nitro then a breckenridge pandoras bock all on tap. Then capped off with a saranac chocolate lager at home. Early night tonight!
La Fours
AG
After a long day at work, I'm finally home and having an Enjoy By. After this I will take down a palate wrecker.
CollinAB
AG
I've had some Hopadillo and a Sam Smith's Nut Brown. Still need to grab more Enjoy By.
army01
AG
quote:
My beer fridge was getting lonely so after a ton of driving today, here is what I have to show for it.

DAAAAAAAAAAMN!

Here's my Friday night....

Finally cracked it open. Good, but sweet. Very sweet.

[This message has been edited by Army01 (edited 3/2/2013 1:26a).]
DaveHimself
AG
quote:
I ventured over to World of Beer in Arlington...

FYI, they are having 1/2 off all Texas drafts today to celebrate Texas Independence Day. I'm brewing with my brother tonight and we may swing by after.
NColoradoAG
Hit up Avery Strong Ale Festival last night. 105 offerings all over 8%. It was a very good time. Top 3 were Whiskey Barrel Aged Chocolate Yeti (got three pours), Avery 2011 Barrel Aged Samaels, and Wynkoop Chancellor (barrel aged barleywine that spent almost 16 months in the barrel). I cleansed my palate a couple times with some Younger.

Avery puts on some great festivals. I ran into a ton of Ags last night too.
Vernada
AG
Inspired Karbach's 003, today's beverage is Southern Star buried Hatchet with Bulleit Bourbon added.
62strat
AG
quote:
. I destroyed my palate a couple times with some Younger..

FIFY

A bitter bomb is the worst palate cleanser you could possibly use! It completely desensitizises your taste buds.
WorkBoots09
AG
Davehimself, I'll swing by WOB tonight. Always glad to meet a fellow Ag homebrewer!

Do you have an Untappd account? Mine is my TexAgs handle.

[This message has been edited by WorkBoots09 (edited 3/2/2013 8:09p).]
jah003
S
Having a 3beans tonight. Wow... I'm a fan! A lot more chocolate than I was expecting.
First Page Last Page
Page 182 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.