Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,643,911 Views | 62617 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by swampstander
K Bo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just left the Spec's on Bissonet and Weslayan ... they had a fresh hole on the shelf where the Sucks once was.
jh0400
AG
Try the Westheimer outlet.
K Bo
AG
I'll see if i can swing by there tonight. thanks!
AggieOO
quote:
A buddy in Round Rock went to Hamricks and scored me a bottle of Dissident. I'm so pumped.

if your buddy is a beer drinker, he'll likely be going back to Hamrick's if its not already a regular stop for him.
Green Fairy
AG
Filled the growler at the Bellaire whole foods with Lone Pint 667 Neighbor of the Beast IPA out of Magnolia. Not a bad brew especially for a $9 fill.
TxKng82
AG
Any Htown folk had Southern Star Old Potentate?? Supposed to be their December/January seasonal but haven't seen it yet. Old Ale style which I normally enjoy so curious to hear some reviews
K Bo
AG
I've got three Old Potentate in my fridge that will likely not be comsumed. I am not a huge fan of Old Style, but wanted to give it a shot. If you like the style, you may enjoy. It's worth at least picking up.
weezonjon
AG
Anyone have an extra bottle of Hellfighter to trade if I can't find any tomorrow at BW8 and West Kroger?

I've got some Bodacious or Fra-gee-lay.

Possibly have a Krunkin Punkin, Pumpkinator, and 2011 Sailing Santa for trade
Green Fairy
AG
quote:
Any Htown folk had Southern Star Old Potentate

That's not their rauchbier is it(i'm thinking not but not sure)? I tried it at whole foods when I filled my growler earlier and wasn't a fan. I'm not huge on smoked beers.
TxKng82
AG
KBo Definitely want to give it a shot at least... I'm stupid enough to buy any beer once. Even if I'm not a big fan of the style.

WeeZonjon- let me know, I may just be willing to let go of my last one for the bodacious or frageelay
TxKng82
AG
GreenFairy- no its not, but saw that at flying saucer today for lunch. Glad I didn't get it, Don't think I would've been in the mood for that.
KVB07
AG
Went to Specs off Mopac,and Whole Foods by NXNW in Austin and got a couple new beers. Got a 6 of Sucks at the Whole Foods and the woman made it sound like she had a good bit left.

[This message has been edited by Kvb07 (edited 1/26/2013 2:39a).]
K Bo
AG
Avery Majaraja. fap fap fap
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:
A buddy in Round Rock went to Hamricks and scored me a bottle of Dissident. I'm so pumped.

if your buddy is a beer drinker, he'll likely be going back to Hamrick's if its not already a regular stop for him.

I meant to thank you for the heads up. So, thank you.

My buddy is a beer drinker and he will be visiting there more often now. Apparently 512 is doing a whiskey barrel aged beer release in a month or two.
La Fours
AG
quote:
Avery Majaraja. fap fap fap

That is an awesome IPA. Check out their duganA if you can find it. Another really good IPA.
K Bo
AG
I've had DuganA a couple times and I thought it was pretty good, as well. I think Maharaja is much better but I prefer the hop forward DIPAs like Maharaja vs the full bodied DuganA.
Marooned_n_Aggieland
Hey Group, anyone have an opinion on Mephistopheles from Avery?

I have an opportunity to partake and wondering if it is worth the price.
CollinAB
AG
I haven't had Mephistopheles in probably close to a year, but I remember liking it. I remember it being fairly intimidating looking and smelling, and that 16.43% ABV doesn't help to lessen the intimidation factor. It's on my short list of things to try again that I haven't had in a while.
La Fours
AG
Marooned, Specs here in CS has some.
cpscAG06
AG
Meph from Avery is a solid imperial imperial stout. I still prefer their uncle Jacobs stout though
txag2008
AG
Mad Anthony - Auburn Lager
Pride of Ft Wayne, Indiana.

Vernada
AG
Picked up a 12 of Session Lager, bomber of Endeavor, and for good measure a bomber of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.
jetch17
AG
Tonight at BRC:

More NB laFolie
Buffalo bayou double buffalo DIPA
jester king funk metal
K Bo
AG
Cask (512) Coffee Pecan Porter at Mongoose vs Cobra. Excellent!
CollinAB
AG
Picked up some Maharaja, a six of Racer 5 and a Rochefort 10 today. Haven't had the Maharaja before, but the other two are trusty favorites.
streetfighter2012
AG
This has been a very beer filled weekend in Austin.

Friday at pinthouse pizza
-Calma Muerte
-Iron Genny
-Bearded Seal
-fallen cask ipa
-Nitro Shark

Saturday at jester king anniversary
-Commercial Suicide
-Ol Oi!
-El Cedro
-Das Uberkind
-Wytchmaker
-Weasel Rodeo

I also bought bottles of
-RU55
-Boxer's Revenge

Dinner at Banger's
-(512) ipa
-Ballast Point sculpin ipa
-Ballast Point Victory at Sea
jetch17
AG
How's the RU55... Haven't heard much other than the small samples they've been doing at tours... Tasty sour?
Green Fairy
AG
Between me and agmechanic we killed off a Stone Collaboration Mint Chocolate Stout, Avery Maharaja, a pint or two out of my growler of Lone Pint IPA and a couple of Lone Stars to seal the deal.

After dinner with the wife and a bottle of wine I'm knocking out a RRBC Damnation for good measure.
jetch17
BSD
AG
Damn you people. Looks like some good beers going down lately. Sobriety sucks.
Green Fairy
AG
Anyone have a rec on a beer/wine fridge or beverage center? I'd prefer not to have some bootleg second hand fridge since I'm thinking it will go inside in/around the kitchen. If all else fails I may go that route and get something off craigslist and jam it in the garage if all else fails. Room is slim to none at the moment in the garage so that's the only issue.
jetch17
AG
quote:

jetch17
AG
But the amount if pwning BSD will be doing on the upcoming Younger voyage offsets all woes of sobriety and brews of common folk we enjoy in the meantime
jh0400
AG
quote:

hbc07
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 167 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.