Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,568,935 Views | 62489 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by La Fours
khkman22
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just got on untappd a week ago to put all the beers in that I know that I have had before. Just curious, is there any reason to add friends if you don't know them? For example, adding people from TexAgs, does it just help you realize that there is a beer somewhere in the area that you can go look for that you may not have thought about otherwise?
spadilly
S
quote:
I would really like to hear suggestions about the best beers for your buck...in other words, beers that drink like something that you'd expect to be much more expensive...

As drinking fantastic beers can get pricey, what say you about the best underpriced brews to enjoy between the big dollar bombers??

Grab a bomber of Lagunitas Hop Stoopid. Still one of the best values out there - $4ish at most Specs.
khkman22
AG
quote:
Grab a bomber of Lagunitas Hop Stoopid. Still one of the best values out there - $4ish at most Specs.

+1, assuming you like hops.
rkramer
AG
BOOM!

jetch17
AG
A liter of Spaten this evening

txaggie05
AG
Agree on Hop Stoopid. Best bomber value out there
khkman22
AG
Trying Rodeo Clown for the first time tonight. TexAgs gave me high hopes, but I'm actually a little disappointed. It's not a bad beer, just not quite what I was expecting. I'm not sure exactly what it is, maybe a little too malty for the style, but just not what I prefer. Would much rather have a Stone Ruination.
BSD
AG
I've never been a big fan of the clown either.
BSD
AG
Nice.

quote:
BOOM!

jetch17
AG
quote:
I've never been a big fan of the clown either.

It'll get ya drunk
BSD
AG
Indeed it will. And has. Several times.
jh0400
AG
I like the balance the malt adds to the Clown.
army01
AG
quote:
BOOM!

Where was this?
army01
AG
Tonight's indulgence:
rkramer
AG
quote:
quote:
BOOM!

Where was this?

Super Deli Mart in Seattle had a tasting this week.
Marooned_n_Aggieland
I loved that beer Army and have one in my beer closet waiting for the Super Bowl, perhaps.
Marooned_n_Aggieland
Such a great response for the value beer question gang. I brought home a Hopstupid for just that reason tonight. I was considering a Lagunitas Maximus 6 but then reconsidered and took the Hopstupid instead for the value.

On a similar line of thinking. What are some of the best bombers in the $8 region? I think some of Rahr's are good, BBAWW for example. Avery probably fits here too. I want to pickup a bottle of Maharaja soon.
defroach
I had two Hops & Grain Ye Olde Street Ale and Lagunitas Sucks.

Ye Old was a delicious bourbon "old ale" from their greenhouse series. If you see it, try it if you like bourbon. It was damn good.

Sucks was a straight up great hop bomb.
Noblemen06
AG
Barrel Trolley Belgian White from Rochester, NY tonight...goooooood
AggieOO
i'm going to throw this one out there for value....just had it tonight for the first time.

Guadalupe Brewing Texas Honey Ale - it was $4 for a pint, but is 7.3% and tastes FANTASTIC. And where I had it isn't the cheapest place...not overly expensive, but not cheap.
Coy94
AG
After a good Belgian IPA homebrew, I'm enjoying a Victory Hop Devil.

Victory makes some good beer. Their imperial stout is very good.

Coy94

[This message has been edited by Coy94 (edited 1/24/2013 11:43p).]
Jock 07
AG
Damn the Utopias picture got me wondering if any is available around here and it seems there is only one bottle available in the state and it was up in San Fran where I was last weekend
WorkBoots09
AG
Agree about Victory. Hop devil is a tasty brew. We just had a specs open up less than 5 minutes down the road from the casa. Do they do singles six packs (like HEB, World Market, etc.)? I'm not above grabbing bombers of whatever to try out, but I was just wondering.
Vernada
AG
quote:
Do they do singles six packs

I've never seen that at Specs.
defroach
Looks like I will be at Adelbert's brewery for a free private party this Saturday...

Free beer and food. I wont complain.
AggieOO
Free good beer
army01
AG
quote:
quote:
Do they do singles six packs

I've never seen that at Specs.

The new Specs in Fort Worth on Bryant Irvin does singles. Only way they can compete with Central Market and Total Wine.
WorkBoots09
AG
Thanks army, I'm a little far away from Bryant Irvin (used to work right dam there), I'm talking about the one at eastchase in Arlington. Will be checking it out tonight for sure.
jetch17
AG
Had New Belgium LoF LaFolie for the first time today on draught, not bad for a lil sour fix down here. had several at lunch.
gordo97
AG
Kroger at BW8 & West has Hellfighter 003. I picked up two bottles today and they still had another couple stacked behind them.

thanks for the info...... i grabbed one at lunch break today..... it looked like it was the last one as i didn't see anymore
La Fours
AG
A buddy in Round Rock went to Hamricks and scored me a bottle of Dissident. I'm so pumped.
747Ag
AG
Any suggestions on making beer purchases in the Waco area? So far, I'm noting a lack of beer culture here.
La Fours
AG
quote:
Had New Belgium LoF LaFolie for the first time today on draught, not bad for a lil sour fix down here. had several at lunch.

I was a big fan of the one I had last year. Hoping they make to CS in bottles this year.
BSD
AG
quote:

Day drinking.
txag2008
AG
Unique style of beer for me. Pretty tasty

kramer_ag on Untapped

First Page Last Page
Page 166 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.