Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,567,100 Views | 62477 Replies | Last: 22 min ago by 62strat
BigTxAg97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
@aggiechris06
I think they charged me $14.

Texan by birth
Aggie by The Grace of God
dave99ag
AG
I've seen 12.12.12 in quite a few places around The Woodlands. Even saw a HUGE bottle for $85 at Hubbell & Hudson.
jkotinek
AG
Stone cask-tapping at O'Bannons next week, including 12.12.12

https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/127158510786715/
dave99ag
AG
And the following Wednesday is a Karbach tap takeover.
aggiechris06
AG
Success with the BBA Hellfighter at the HEB on 288 and 518!

[This message has been edited by aggiechris06 (edited 1/23/2013 1:29p).]
BigTxAg97
AG
How many did you grab?
gordo97
AG
Success with the BBA Hellfighter at the HEB on 288 and 518!

what is that like half way to freeport
BSD
AG
Hopslam seems to be making its way around ATL today. The store that hooked me up with a "hold" order last year decided they couldn't do it again. Oh well.
txag2008
AG
No luck with finding Lagunitas Sucks at Specs in Dallas. The guy said he didn't know of anywhere in town that had it. Seems odd that it'd be that much different than Houston
spadilly
S
I tried looking at HEB and Specs here in Houston for Sucks, and had no luck yesterday.
spadilly
S
oh yeah...and I'm trying out this untappd thing.
username: spadilly
aggiechris06
AG
BigTxAg97, just one...seriously took the guy there five minutes and a phone call to another person on the cellphone to find however many they had in the back and bring me just 1 bottle. Also felt guilty enough buying one 14 dollar bottle of beer on a Medical residents salary with a wife and 2 kids at home...
aggiechris06
AG
Spadilly,

Buffalo speedway @59 HEB had plenty of it on sunday... like tons. I was very impressed with their selection. definitely the go to place to get craft beers and rarer bombers when places like specs are closed on Sundays
jh0400
AG
quote:
oh yeah...and I'm trying out this untappd thing.
username: spadilly

The Specs on westheimer across from Hay Merchant had a ton of it on Saturday.
BSD
AG
quote:
Also felt guilty enough buying one 14 dollar bottle of beer on a Medical residents salary with a wife and 2 kids at home...

That feeling will fade. Before you know it you'll be strung out on a corner turning tricks for Dark Lords and Heady Toppers. We've all been there.
aggiechris06
AG
quote:
That feeling will fade. Before you know it you'll be strung out on a corner turning tricks for Dark Lords and Heady Toppers. We've all been there.

Yeah... thinking that feeling will fade in about a year and a half this residency thing is over and I'm making a decent wage...

now the only question is how long to wait before drinking this bad boy
KVB07
AG
Just started the Untappd deal a few days ago and have since added all the beers in my bottle collection. Username = KVB07
clobby
AG
SN Ruthless Rye IPA.
La Fours
AG
I picked up the last 6er of sucks from the CS Specs today.

AggieeOO- if you can get another Dissident would you mind picking it up for me? Also there lots of 12.12.12 at the Tower Point HEB in CS. I grabbed a bottle and wasn't really impressed. Too many spices for my liking.
La Fours
AG
I am on untappd as la_fours.
AggieOO
Fours - will let you know. He was down to the last case. Not sure when I will get back in there.
Geralt of Rivia
S
My brother lives out of state and brought me this one for Christmas. It is one of the better beers that I have had.

La Fours
AG
quote:
Fours - will let you know. He was down to the last case. Not sure when I will get back in there.

Awesome. Or if you want to share the location, I will send a buddy to go pick it up.
AggieOO
Hamrick's in cedar park. Not sure of the address, and drawing a blank on street name. Google will get it.
La Fours
Vernada
AG
Kroger at BW8 & West has Hellfighter 003. I picked up two bottles today and they still had another couple stacked behind them.

For $14/bottle that shnizz better drank good
duck79
AG
txagg2008,

Go to S&K in Plano. Lets just say there might have been a mishap and they got a lot of the Dallas inventory for sucks.

[This message has been edited by Duck79 (edited 1/24/2013 5:11p).]
txag2008
AG
quote:
txagg2008,

Go to S&K in Plano. Lets just say there might have been a mishap and they got a lot of the Dallas inventory for sucks

I'll have to try. Thanks for the tip.
streetfighter2012
AG
Vernada- thanks for the Kroger tip. They had one left after I stopped by after work.
aggiechris06
AG
I would really like to hear suggestions about the best beers for your buck...in other words, beers that drink like something that you'd expect to be much more expensive...

As drinking fantastic beers can get pricey, what say you about the best underpriced brews to enjoy between the big dollar bombers??
Vernada
AG
I'm sure there are plenty of good ones but my go to 'budget drinks' are:

Left Hand Milk Stout
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

A sixer of those costs the same or less than most bombers.
jkotinek
AG
KVB07- did you figure out some way to backdate them, or did you just enter them all as if you were drinking them now?
jah003
S
quote:
I would really like to hear suggestions about the best beers for your buck...in other words, beers that drink like something that you'd expect to be much more expensive...

As drinking fantastic beers can get pricey, what say you about the best underpriced brews to enjoy between the big dollar bombers??

Honestly... little sumpin and little sumpin wild are pretty awesome for the price. Session is my go to "fridge filler" though.
jh0400
AG
Best bang for the buck:
Karbach Weise Versa
Karbach Rodeo Clown
Deschutes Red Chair
NB Fat Tire
SN Pale Ale
KVB07
AG
jkotinek- I put them in as if I was drinking them then. I don't know how to backdate them, and wouldn't know all the dates anyway.
First Page Last Page
Page 165 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.