Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,642,015 Views | 62609 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by SoTxAg
localag242
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Found Lag-Sucks at Spec's in CS. Not bad, very fruit forward.
K Bo
AG
Sickest pint I've seen, must add atleast 12 IBU.

[This message has been edited by K Bo (edited 1/21/2013 7:09p).]
jah003
S
After nearly a week of searching, my haul from today:

jetch17
AG
quote:
Sickest pint I've seen, must add atleast 12 IBU.

[This message has been edited by K Bo (edited 1/21/2013 7:09p).]

Like a GD bawss
localag242
After having a Lag-Sucks it really reminded me of Saint Arnold's Homefront but more hops.
aggiechris06
AG
Still no abyss in Houston???

Anyone know of a ETA?? I have been really itching for a good BBA stout or porter....

Btw, I missed the houston run of bombers of karbach BBA hellfighter, right?? Had a taste of it and wish I could get my hands.on a bomber...any help??
streetfighter2012
AG
How do I add a beer on untapped? After four clowns I can't figure this **** out...
BSD
AG
quote:
Still no abyss in Houston???

Anyone know of a ETA?? I have been really itching for a good BBA stout or porter....

Btw, I missed the houston run of bombers of karbach BBA hellfighter, right?? Had a taste of it and wish I could get my hands.on a bomber...any help??

I may be able to help. What's your contact info?
Green Fairy
AG
quote:
How do I add a beer on untapped? After four clowns I can't figure this **** out...

Click drink up....search for the beer you want to add...click on the beer...then click on confirm your brew. You can also add notes and location if you want from that same point.
army01
AG
Cleaning out the closet before we move in a few weeks...trying to determin which beers to age. Angry Goat is one of my favorite Rahrs, but will try aging it some other time.

Jock 07
AG
Awwwwweeeeee yeeeeeeeeaaaaaahhhh

Made it to Russian river over the weekend and grabbed a Belgian sampler a couple Plinys and a couple of their simcoe ipas.

And I returned with these.

Not as big a baller as BSD so I only grabbed one of each. Was a bit surprised they were 12 bucks a pop but with what all goes into them I can understand it.

Jock 07
AG
BSD, was only up there for a few hours yesterday. Just glad I got a table before the niners game started, that place filled up quick. Also thi k I found the reason why I was down on Pliny after my first one. When I was buying my sours to take home with me I asked the waitress to throw a couple Plinys in as well. She then advised against it if I'd be traveling for over 4 hours as they're perishable and lose flavor if they're not refrigerated properly. I think I left my bottle out accidentally and that's probably why it lost its flavor
jkotinek
AG
That taster/flight tray with the place for bottlecaps is great!
Jock 07
AG
And I'm a bit annoyed by the fact that y'all can get the sucks there but I can't find it anywhere out here
AggieOO
AggieOO on untappd.
rschoelman
AG
rschoelman on Untappd

Cheers!
BSD
AG
quote:
And I'm a bit annoyed by the fact that y'all can get the sucks there but I can't find it anywhere out here

You realize you drive right by the brewery, right?
62strat
AG
that anchor xmas beer is going to be enjoyed a little late eh?

(I have one too.. still undrunk hah)

Rockwell Tavern is doing a Karbach tap takover tomorrow.
"Wednesday, January 23rd at 6:30pm it is a Karbach Brewing Co. Tap Takeover!! 11 Karbach beers on tap at one time! Eric Warner will be here to chat with you about thiese wonderful creations!
Limited special glassware giveaway with purchase of first pint! 1/2 pints will be available (does not include glassware giveaway)"
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:

You realize you drive right by the brewery, right?

Yeah didn't really have time to stop in Petaluma and none of the liquor stores around my hotel in downtown SFO had it either
aggiechris06
AG
BSD, for some reason my phone won't let me PM right now...will try later...

[This message has been edited by aggiechris06 (edited 1/22/2013 12:26p).]
BigTxAg97
AG
If anyone is looking for Hellfighter 003, the HEB on 288 & 518 had some as of yesterday. He is keeping them in the back. Couldn't find out how many were left, but I got one.

Untappd: TxAg97

Texan by birth
Aggie by The Grace of God
BSD
AG
quote:

Yeah didn't really have time to stop in Petaluma and none of the liquor stores around my hotel in downtown SFO had it either

I was just bs'ing. I rarely stop there too since we get it here in Texas. Sounds like you had a nice visit up there though. Now I'm wanting to get out west and have a few drinks. Did you try Happy Hops?

[This message has been edited by Bsd (edited 1/22/2013 2:47p).]
gordo97
AG
anyone know if there's any karbach BBA hellfighter to be found anywhere still?
aggiechris06
AG
BigTxAg97...how much are they charging for the BBA Hellfighter?

Anyone else have any info on how much these bad boys are running if you can find them?
jh0400
AG
I paid ~$14.
dave99ag
AG
Picked up 2 bottles at Trader Joe's in the Woodlands for $12.99. Not sure if they have any more in the back.
jah003
S
Just found out that BA Old Raspy is a real thing... (slow, I know). Certainly will be keeping an eye out for that in the near future.

Having a real ale imperial red tonight. This beer is really, really solid. Hoping it makes it into their regular lineup someday.
spadilly
S
Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye 2013 is unbelievable.
Much better than I remember the '12 brew being.
streetfighter2012
AG
Squatters Hop-Rising for me tonight
Jock 07
AG
So today I remembered the beer/ bait shop that had the best selection in town from when I was here 4 years ago. Sure enough I stopped by there this evening and picked up some sucks. Pretty decent and I agree with NColorado in that it is indeed very sessionable

defroach
And my company informed me I may spend next week in north carolina. These trips are just dominating my beer cellar/untappd accounts. I can more or less add another 20 bottles to my cellar and 40+ tried on untappd.
AggieOO
I picked up a couple bottles of 12.12.12 and a bottle of The Dissident.

currently drinking a Burton Baton.

---------------------------------------
http://www.yourbodyisyourengine.com
RRCA Certified Running Coach
army01
AG
Continuing to clean out the closet...a 2011 Sailing Santa. Not a fan of this one last year, but definitely better aged a year. Flavors came together nicely....

Coy94
AG
AggieOO, where did you get the 12.12.12 in bottles? I would love to get my hands on some of that.

Untappd: coy94
AggieOO
Been looking everywhere for the 12.12.12, but couldn't find it. The 11.11.11 was everywhere last year. Anyway, finally found it at Hamrick's in cedar park.
First Page Last Page
Page 164 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.