Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,677,318 Views | 62649 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by steve00
AggieOO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AggieOO said:

Haven't been on the thread regularly in a long time, so maybe I missed the news, but didn't realize Tallgrass opened back up.

Guess they didn't really reopen:

"In 2020 Wichita Brewing company signed a licensing agreement and began brewing and distributing four beers formerly brewed by the company under the Tallgrass Brewing Company brand."
ChipFTAC01
AG
They're the ones who made that buffalo sweat, right?
jetch17
AG
Yeah WBC basically just recreated the recipes and canned em under the tall grass label
AggieOO
I'm OK with being able to find buffalo sweat again. Wonder if the licensing agreement allows for the variants bc that vanilla BS...
Quincey P. Morris
AG
That looks awesome. Definitely gonna have to do something similar eventually.
steve00
AG
This Ska***** from Alchemist is really good. It's dank but easy drinking. Not too hazy. I only bought a case because that's all they had besides Heady and Focal when I was there, but I'm finding myself reaching for it more often than the other two.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Great name.
Kyle98
AG
This is really good, even in odd resort glassware!
txag2008
AG
Even better name
turfman80
AG
Another good one from Vermont...Galaxie 500 by Foam Brewers

Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
Bmac04
AG
Love this beer
GarlandAg2012
AG
Gearing up for a bottle share this weekend. Pretty excited.
jah003
S
Just watching the storms over Lake Superior. It's all right I guess.
BigAg95
AG
Heading to Grand Rapids tomorrow for a work event at Founders. Last time I went the only other spot I checked out was Vivant, which is fantastic. Anyone know of anyone else cranking out good beers in that area?
dave99ag
AG
We're headed to Santa Rosa for our anniversary next week and staying about a half mile from Russian River. Aside from the obvious, any other great suggestions for food? I tried to convince her of French Laundry, but she didn't want to do that this trip.
Chipotlemonger
AG
TFL is a bit away from Santa Rosa proper, but if you don't mind the drive there are some other good options in Yountville as well that won't set you back as much dough. Here are a few options closer to SR though. I will highlight my personal top choices within the list as well.

There are many more restaurants around but personally I can't speak to all of them that you may hear of or see online beforehand.

Santa Rosa
  • Spinster Sisters - great neighborhood restaurant, one of my favorites in the area; brunch service on the weekend as well
  • Willi's Wine Bar - If you are looking for an American food style Tapas place and a large menu of wine by the glass
  • Bird & The Bottle

Healdsburg
  • There are a ton of options in Healdsburg, it's an excellent town to visit for food and drink, I'll just call out a few. This is the place to go if you want to have a pre or post dinner drink somewhere and just walk around the downtown a bit.
  • Barndiva - I had a waitress that was pretty *****y here on my only visit, if it weren't for that I would have liked it a lot more, farm to table food
  • Bravas bar de Tapas - One of my favorites in Healdsburg, get a sherry flight and do not skip the pan de tomate
  • Campo Fina - Probably the place I've been to the most, Italian food, awesome outdoor courtyard style seating, if given the choice here eat outside vs. inside, they may not even be serving inside right now

Sebastopol
  • Fern Bar - Good cocktails and from what I remember some excellent fries
  • Ramen Gaijin - Some of the best damn ramen
Kenwood
  • Salt & Stone - Had a great meal here last year, have been there twice now, picturesque surroundings on Hwy 12 between Santa Rosa and Sonoma
Scriffer
AG
We stayed on Mark West drive just north of SR.

Willi's Wine Bar for tapas was great. Of course had a better wine selection than I was qualified for.

Also Bistro Jeanty in Yountville was pretty kickass
turfman80
AG
Also Bottega and Bouchon in Yountville for a great dinner

Vermont has some fine breweries....
Mustang1
AG
BigAg95 said:

Heading to Grand Rapids tomorrow for a work event at Founders. Last time I went the only other spot I checked out was Vivant, which is fantastic. Anyone know of anyone else cranking out good beers in that area?

Hopcat is a pretty stellar beer bar.
Bulldog73
AG
Any great choices in Seattle I can't miss?
NColoradoAG
Any of yall coming to the WeldWerks Invitational? I made sure it was on the off week.
jah003
S
It's July 1st and 56 degrees.

Happy birthday La Fours and happy Canada Day eh?
Jock 07
AG
Back at barrelworks but they won't let you walk around in the big barrel room anymore so I'm including a couple shots from 2013 when I was here as well. They just reopened tours at the brewery up in Paso so I'm headed up there tomorrow afternoon to check it out while the wife and kids are back in Texas.

La Fours
AG
Thanks man.

Cheers Beer Thread.

Went to dinner at 1860 Italia had an old fashion and the lobster carbonara. Both were excellent. Now at home with Sue.

jetch17
AG
HBDAY BUD
Chipotlemonger
AG
Thanks for bringing the outlet back into the beer thread
BigAg95
AG
Mustang1 said:

BigAg95 said:

Hopcat is a pretty stellar beer bar.

Excellent, thanks for the recommendation!
ChipFTAC01
AG
Happy birthday to my favorite mall security guard.
turfman80
AG
Happy Birthday, LaFours!

Had the exact drink and entree at 1860 last visit. Great minds!!!
La Fours
AG
Hell yeah, brother. Love the food there. Eaten there a few of times and it's the only entree I've ordered multiple times, and my favorite dish so far. The bread is fu#%*ng amazing. Don't sleep on the veal saltimbocca or linguini with clams and white sauce.
Objective Aggie
AG
Happy birthday La Fours!
maca1028
Happy Birthday LF!
Bulldog73
AG
Happy birthday!

We're in Seattle now, any specific places I can't miss?
steve00
AG
Bulldog73 said:

Happy birthday!

We're in Seattle now, any specific places I can't miss?
It isn't beer, but if you are into great cocktails, go to Canon, Knee High Stocking or Tavern Law.
jetch17
AG
Vacation official

First Page Last Page
Page 1621 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.