Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,569,157 Views | 62489 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by La Fours
Bulldog73
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It was pretty far north of town, near Northgate area. Now to load up and get the coveted WeldWerks.
SoTxAg
AG
I made an MBC order for our Frio River trip and ended up getting a "mystery box" from the northeast. It included 8 beers from Treehouse, Other Half, Vitamin Sea, Equilibrium and Tired Hands. Made sitting in my tube with my Tevas up in the air a classy affair.
Bulldog73
AG
It's a good day!
jah003
S
Does not suck.
NColoradoAG
Bulldog73 said:

It's a good day!

Sorry I couldn't follow through on my offer. Despite the 100 degree heat the golf course was calling. Looks like you were able to take it all in
ChipFTAC01
AG
First foray with the King

jetch17
AG

jah003
S
Made it to the lake. Smashing beers.

Objective Aggie
AG
In the Midwest.
Jock 07
AG
In hotels for the foreseeable future as I figure out where I'm gonna live next so hotel beers it is.
Chipotlemonger
AG
That'll do, great choice. I think I've only had one of their socks & sandals variants. The original one is so good.
Jock 07
AG
Yup found them at a small, but kick ass beer store in Solvang. The lady that runs the place is a trip as well.
Jock 07
AG
Joined a private tap room today. Pretty cool concept and helps keep the riff raff at bay.

Chipotlemonger
AG
Hope you ordered that Penelope Pils. It is phenomenal.
jah003
S
Feel like Jetch lately...
CDub06
AG
New Mexico finally opened back up for my work, so I got a trip out there this week. Zipped all around the state, so it wasn't very leisurely. But I got a few stops in. The state had jumped opened up within the last 3 weeks, so people were excited about that fact. Things are still a little weird there, but it was better than I expected.

Gravity Bound (ABQ) - Less than a year old, so obviously, this was my first trip here and it was my primary objective. Really small operation, but some really tremendous stuff. Their hazy was probably the best I've had in New Mexico. And their adjunct filled "coffee sour" was pretty killer as well. They only had 5-6 of their own on draft, but the ones I tried were excellent. These guys are going places.

Rowley Farmhouse Ales (Santa Fe) - As good as always. The best in Santa Fe and one of my favorites in the state just because they're doing stuff no one else is.

Ex Novo (Corrales) - I've had some of their stuff since they opened their new facility in Corrales. I've always been a bit underwhelmed. Same goes with the brewery. Their stuff is good (especially for New Mexico), but not great. Certainly a great stop if you're in Corrales, but there are better options in Albuquerque.

Differential Brewing (ABQ) - After leaving, I learned that they focus on low IBU and ABV beers. I thought their taplist was weird, but now it makes sense. The few I tried were just average beer flavored beers.

I tried stopping at a place called Black Cock Brewing in Roswell - despite the name... But apparently their brewmaster left, so it was just the usual suspects on draft - Marble, Santa Fe, etc... I bailed and probably wasn't missing much anyway.
CDub06
AG
Based on a quick count, I think that brings me to 36 different breweries visited in ABQ.
Bulldog73
AG
Any specific crafts from Co (other than the well established WeldWerks)?
62strat
AG
Bulldog73 said:

Any specific crafts from Co (other than the well established WeldWerks)?
If you're a belgian fan, start and stop at Bruz.

Need a bit more info to help.. are you visiting? location?
Bulldog73
AG
We're just having a get together tonight staying in Estes and looking for a solid multipack to bring. We had unsloped last night. It was fine, nothing to write home about.
turfman80
AG
Finally getting to enjoy a long time want of mine. This is what an IPA should taste like!

Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Thicc
SoTxAg
AG
ABQ has that many breweries? Putting SA to shame, esp given the size differences.
SoTxAg
AG
We enjoyed a few different Outer Range beers last time in CO. They're out of Frisco.
turfman80
AG
Bulldog73 said:

We're just having a get together tonight staying in Estes and looking for a solid multipack to bring. We had unsloped last night. It was fine, nothing to write home about.
Melvin Brewing and Odd13 beers are always good.
jetch17
AG
One week til annual family beach vacation - it's real when the beer mail starts arriving from each coast

BSD
AG
Oh my...
AggieOO
jah003 said:

Does not suck.

We are leaving for Wisconsin on Sunday.
CDub06
AG
Don't fret, SA has the edge in quality
La Fours
AG
I've got a birthday next week. Need to sort somethings out and get my hands on some Alchemist and RR juice.
jetch17
AG
Turns out I'm a hooker and needed to crack one

Mustang1
AG
Outer Range in Frisco is stellar.
turfman80
AG
AggieOO
Haven't been on the thread regularly in a long time, so maybe I missed the news, but didn't realize Tallgrass opened back up.
Objective Aggie
AG
Back patio getting closer.

Meanwhile enjoying some Spindletap.
First Page Last Page
Page 1620 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.