Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,676,388 Views | 62649 Replies | Last: 44 min ago by steve00
Lt. Joe Bookman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Paver laying beer.

Scriffer
AG
Post plumbing and pre-burger beer.

This was one of my early entrees into the craft beer world. Still tasty
dave99ag
AG
Rainy day beer.
jetch17
AG
dave99ag said:

Rainy day beer.

I've got one of these in the fridge too
jetch17
AG
Joining the club

La Fours
AG
Can't get much fresher than this. First time having a beer from Saloon Door and this one is pretty good.

jetch17
AG
jetch17 said:

Joining the club

This was past it's prime
Bulldog73
AG
That looks beautiful.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Scriffer said:

Post plumbing and pre-burger beer.

This was one of my early entrees into the craft beer world. Still tasty

Beer name checks out
maca1028
Here's to hoping that DaveHimself gets to stock his fridge tomorrow.
Kyle98
AG
I might have a couple of those for him!
DaveHimself
AG
maca1028 said:

Here's to hoping that DaveHimself gets to stock his fridge tomorrow.

Quote:

I might have a couple of those for him!

Objective Aggie
AG
P
Hudson2508
AG
I saw today that Houston HEBs are getting Schramms mead, is that possible? That's insane to me if true. Wonder if Austin will get any.
jah003
S
Hudson2508 said:

I saw today that Houston HEBs are getting Schramms mead, is that possible? That's insane to me if true. Wonder if Austin will get any.

It's at the Lakeline HEB. I'm not a mead guy so I usually see the price and fly right past.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Dug deep into the bunker for this one.
maca1028

DaveHimself
AG
Box courtesy of Maca. Awesome Houston sampler box with a few Austin and San Marcus goodies as well. We had some FedEx fun with this shipment but Mike did great communicating with me the entire time and all made it safely!

maca1028
Truth be told...i made a slight typo on his shipping label.
jetch17
AG
Ok so like every time I get my lady in the hook for an RRBC run, she basically said tonight she wants to make a run up thru VT & Maine later this year.... sounds like we may start up near ME and potentially end up in Boston for a night, meandering thru VT ... so gurus, I'm assuming the main "must stops" are:

- bissell bros
- Alchemist
- hill farmstead
- lawsons finest
- Trillium etc near Boston

Of course open to others.

I'm sure I'm missing other familiar ones from the region - really looking for any info on good towns/places to stay in thru VT.
Bmac04
AG
Hill Farmstead won't be open for the rest of the year. They are only doing online orders but you can't drink there so you can't get the full experience. Burlington is a must in VT (foam, four quarters and burlington beer co). I would stay in Waterbury at the Stagecoach Inn and eat and drink at blackback pub and prohibition pig.
wessimo
AG
I've heard good things about Fiddlehead but I haven't actually gotten to try their beer yet.
jetch17
AG
Cool, yeah I haven't given the first thought of covid regs etc in that part of the country for the rest of the year... def some looking into before pulling the trigger on anything
maca1028
I'm off tomorrow...Next up
Chipotlemonger
AG
Take it FWIW but on my trip to Portland we didn't even get to Bissell Bros itself! Was able to have it around town at some of the eateries and was satisfied with that. They also don't do tasters at the brewery so it's not conducive to trying multiple brews easily...not sure if they do half pours though. This was way pre-Covid so I can't imagine that it's changed.

I am an Allagash fan. Love that brewery for its history and beer. They have a lot of neat taproom features and a newer coolship program that would be a good target for some bottles. If I had to choose one brewery though to return to in that area it would be Lone Pine. We went to the Portland location on a whim and it was packed and slinging amazing beers.

Austin street is really cool. It's kind of an incubator row of properties for breweries to operate in and startup at. I can't remember the whole deal behind it, but some other breweries started there then moved on and expanded. Austin Street Brewing was a great stop. The row of breweries is just next to Allagash as well, I believe there are at least a couple more on the strip there.

Oxbow was our last visit, was fun to grab a couple bottles to bring home.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
We stayed in Stowe, VT, but Waterbury would be a good stay as well.
steve00
AG
If you are starting in ME, I would make time to go by Maine Beer Company, especially if they have something on that is harder to get, like Dinner or Second Dinner. It is a great tasting room to hang out at.

Lawson's is reopening their tasting room in a couple of weeks after being drive thru only for a long time. I haven't seen anything from Alchemist about opening up, but they don't really have a good tasting room anyway. It is like they designed the experience with the intention of making people want to leave as quickly as possible. When I go later this month I plan to just drive by Alchemist to pickup my ToGo order, then hang out at Lawson's.

I will second Prohibition Pig. Cool restaurant with great beer selection.

Vermont has had what seem to be the most severe travel restrictions in this region for the past year, but they recently said fully vaccinated visitors don't need to quarantine or get tested.

I'm guessing the 'Trillium etc' includes Treehouse.
jetch17
AG
Thanks yall
Objective Aggie
AG
I don't see people talk about Great Raft on here but I have to say they have some great stuff.

Old Mad Joy (Baltic porter) is fantastic.
Rhinestone Life (ipa) is quite good.
And this sour ale is one of my favorites.

They are out of Shreveport but readily available in DFW.
* * * * Just a warning, I am the worst typist on texags.
Jock 07
AG
Little over a month left of having Monkish right down the road
Wheatables02
AG
Objective Aggie said:

I don't see people talk about Great Raft on here but I have to say they have some great stuff.

Old Mad Joy (Baltic porter) is fantastic.
Rhinestone Life (ipa) is quite good.
And this sour ale is one of my favorites.

They are out of Shreveport but readily available in DFW.

They're great. Grace and Grit is great!
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Some 2014 motor oil
jah003
S
Yo beer dudes. Gonna run through the March madness spreadsheet tomorrow and make sure everything is updated. If I miss you and you've sent already just let me know. I'd you haven't sent yet... get to it.

Also... bbry... I didn't forget about you... but finding ****ty beer is super hard.
txag2008
AG
I'll be dropping off on the doorstep for jwag on Monday.
steve00
AG
I recently got legal to go to VT, and Lawson's is about to open their tasting room. I know I'm late on sending my beers, but I am thinking the extra time will be worth the wait. I'm thinking I'll head up there later this month.
First Page Last Page
Page 1610 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.