Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,673,427 Views | 62642 Replies | Last: 8 min ago by Crawdaddy
jah003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
steve00 said:

I recently got legal to go to VT, and Lawson's is about to open their tasting room. I know I'm late on sending my beers, but I am thinking the extra time will be worth the wait. I'm thinking I'll head up there later this month.

No worries at all. Mainly just reminding myself because I completely forget March madness after it's over. We're only a month in at this point.
dave99ag
AG
Can you repost the link? I need to get this gear shipped out!
Kyle98
AG
jah003 said:

Yo beer dudes. Gonna run through the March madness spreadsheet tomorrow and make sure everything is updated. If I miss you and you've sent already just let me know. I'd you haven't sent yet... get to it.

Also... bbry... I didn't forget about you... but finding ****ty beer is super hard.

I'm hopefully meeting up with Dave this evening.
bbry81
Im not holding my breath for my prize. Second the repost of the link so it's easy to find when I finally get time to go shopping.
jah003
S
Here's the link again:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BG9mT6vFTjiuByInFIeQ_RqJ_1ufbH1KMnA3i4jZPuM/edit
Scriffer
AG
Doing my best Friday afternoon jetch impression

jetch17
AG
Delightful! Beers to follow likely

FriedTex
AG
Beers and BBQ

Drekker TRiple IPA was ok

Toppling Goliath Safety Porpoises was awesome

steve00
AG
I've been staying West Coast style as much as possible lately, but was getting some knives sharpened right next to the Bruery shop yesterday, so I grabbed some Offshoot beers. This is their 4th anniversary beer, which is a great hazy DIPA. 1 and 2 were great too, but somehow I totally missed 3.
jah003
S
Should have written "Beer" on the side of this bad boy... Uno Pils from Live Oak.

They were selling cases for $24 last weekend...
dave99ag
AG
Checking out Kalahari with the family this weekend.
jah003
S
dave99ag said:

Give me a shout if you want to grab a beer at PHP. Ron will be here tomorrow too.
AgEng06
AG
jah003 said:

dave99ag said:

Give me a shout if you want to grab a beer at PHP. Ron will be here tomorrow too.

Scoates meat up?
Jock 07
AG
dave99ag said:

Is that the place that just opened up over by the ballpark? Let me know how it is. Gonna be at the in-laws in Georgetown next week, might have to check it out with the kid
dave99ag
AG
Yeah, this is right by Dell Diamond. Pretty legit. Indoor waterpark and arcade was a blast. We splurged for a cabana today and the off menu Pliny is legit!

AgEng06, sadly I'm no longer in Scoates after a CoALS layoff last summer. I'm now helping take your money for great things at the Foundation.

Jock 07
AG
Looked at the ware park admission, $140 for a day per person is higher than a cats ass
dave99ag
AG
I'm choosing not to look at the bill. Disney World may have been cheaper.
Scriffer
AG
Peticolas The Usual. Barleywine inspired by an Old Fashioned.

Wasn't crazy about it at first, but they really nailed it once it warmed up.
Objective Aggie
AG
Jock 07 said:

Looked at the ware park admission, $140 for a day per person is higher than a cats ass

Did they include a complimentary Pliny?
CDub06
AG
Jock 07 said:

You should check the prices of those cabana day rentals on top of that.

In my day, we would just get to Schlitterbahn early and stake out our picnic table for the day.
SoTxAg
AG
Made it out to Jester King yesterday. Great weather and the Citrush.exe and Recentered beers were good. Sad thing is I asked when they were going to brew RU-55 again and they said probably not for a good while, which sux cuz its my favorite.
Objective Aggie
AG
In CStat today. Who has best beer selection and who sells Jester King here?
La Fours
AG
Super late reply. Sorry. The H-E-B at Texas and Holleman and Jones Crossing H-E-B on Wellborn have the best selection in town. I don't know of any stores that have JK.
MW13
AG
Jock 07 said:

Had conference there in early March. I was pretty impressed but waterpark was included with our room so I may have been less impressed if paying those prices. It was Sunday-Tuesday and Monday & Tuesday the boys and wife pretty much had the waterpark to themselves which was pretty cool. They definitely try to keep you in the complex and that bill can run up quick. I'm sure we still paid a ridiculous amount for some crap from the arcade but the boys had fun.

The HEB up the road had a nice selection and we made a trip to Pinthouse so overall it was a pretty good trip.

Can't imagine what a s-show it will be this summer when its packed though.
jh0400
AG
I'm going to be in Plano this weekend. I won't be able to make any brewery visits but am curious about anything local worth seeking that is available in retail. Any recs on beers to seek out or places to look?
txag2008
AG
jh0400 said:

I'm going to be in Plano this weekend. I won't be able to make any brewery visits but am curious about anything local worth seeking that is available in retail. Any recs on beers to seek out or places to look?
Depending on where at in Plano, the following stores might be close to you.
Kegs & Barrels (Plano)
Lonestar Beverages (Carrollton)
Richardson Beer & Wine (Richardson)

I know you said no time for a brewery stop, but I'd suggest swinging by Celestial (by Love Field) to pick up some cans.
dave99ag
AG
MW13 said:

Jock 07 said:

The HEB up the road had a nice selection and we made a trip to Pinthouse so overall it was a pretty good trip.

Can't imagine what a s-show it will be this summer when its packed though.
Did the same thing. Stocked up on beer at HEB and hit Pinthouse on the way home. It's a cool place, but definitely resort pricing. Kids had an absolute blast which made their momma happy and I'm not about to piss off my wife on mother's day weekend.
CDub06
AG
Had to go to Idaho last week and chose to go through SLC instead of Boise for a change. It had been a couple of years and I forgot how annoying the Utah beer laws are. I just don't get it.

They can't have anything more than 5% abv on tap (previously capped at 4%). So if you want something higher, you have to order it by the can. Meaning I can't get a small pour of that 10% abv stout. I've got to order by the can/bottle. And with craft beer, those are typically larger formats. What are these laws supposed to do?

I've done Epic previously and they're the only place I know that has flights that they pour from their bottles.

Did Shades, Grid City, Saltfire, Level Crossing, and TF Brewing this time.

Saltfire had a whole bar setup, but nothing on tap because they didn't have anything less than 5%. TF Brewing had a DIPA I wanted to try, but they weren't selling it to go, so I'd have to order the can and drink it there. Just silly.

Found a couple of cool spots in Idaho Falls, Idaho though. Idaho Brewing wasn't amazing, but was everything you want from a little local brewery. Tap N Fill had a tremendous selection of draft beer. And Marcellers was a nice little bottle shop. Not bad for a place that's about 75% LDS.
dave99ag
AG
Glad to see you're out traveling for work again. I'm pretty sure you bring us the most beer travel reports.
CDub06
AG
New Mexico is still basically off limits, but I've hit most of the breweries in that state already. Things are kind of getting back to normal otherwise.

My last few flights on Southwest have been full. And this trip was the first time in a while that I actually had some trouble finding parking at the airport.
La Fours
AG
Tavour has a 3 year vertical of Fremont BBA Dark Star for $98. I just saw the email. I have not checked the app to see if it has sold out yet.
Objective Aggie
AG
jh0400 said:

Central market has a great beer selection.
The one in Southlake lets you buy individuals and break six packs. Not all Central Markets do this.

Not super close but not super far.
Whip In in Flower Mound has an amazing beer selection. It's pretty suburban nondescript place but the beer selection is tremendous.

DaveHimself
AG
Another successful beer thread hookup - I met Kyle98 today and got this haul. Awesome mix of hops and BCBS stouts. Thanks again Kyle and nice to meet you!
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Soooo fresh and hazy
Bulldog73
AG
I think I'm doing this right.
First Page Last Page
Page 1611 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.